997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

New German Made 997.1 LED's!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 06:13 PM
Steamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond repute
I must be the only guy who didn't get the memo on these damn things.......

Old 05-19-2011, 10:55 AM
zuff is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by lowdi
Hello Porsche Fans in the US ,

my name is Achim and I am the owner of the 997 in Post 120. We had a lot of trouble with this LED lights at the beginning (error codes). So please install them and look for error codes. I had to ship my lights 3 times back untill I got a pair which was correctly working. I shipped the red/crystal back at the beginning of may and now they had no more in stock. So I accepted red/smoke for the return because I was waiting till Jan. 2011 for this lights. If you like to see the red/smoke lights I can do some pics on the weekend and post them. Sorry for my english.

Best regards from Germany.

Achim

I do not understand, when you really had errors, why did you send back the lights? Why not just send back the resistors (as far as I understand this is the part that prevents error code), they are seperate with just a plug. And that 3! times and loosing the design you wanted in the first place for no reason and all the shipping costs, WHO Would do this?
I have no errors at all, Install was easy and worked out of the box! Sorry I do not have a Turbo....wish I had.

Attached Images  
Old 05-19-2011, 01:10 PM
lowdi is infamous around these parts
Hello Zuff,

the first lights had no resistors. The second one had only on the right side, so I had errors on the left. The third had 2 resistors and I had errors on the left. The shipping costs were paid by Dectane so i had no costs. Install is easy and now I do not have any errors. Design wasn´t so important for me. Like the red/smoke.

Old 05-19-2011, 03:25 PM
LosPer is a jewel in the roughLosPer is a jewel in the roughLosPer is a jewel in the roughLosPer is a jewel in the rough
Based on that review, I'm planning to wait to hear of several successful installations before I commit...thanks Lowdi.

Old 05-20-2011, 07:34 AM
zuff is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by lowdi
Hello Zuff,

the first lights had no resistors. The second one had only on the right side, so I had errors on the left. The third had 2 resistors and I had errors on the left. The shipping costs were paid by Dectane so i had no costs. Install is easy and now I do not have any errors. Design wasn´t so important for me. Like the red/smoke.
what I mean is that when you open the box from Dectane you find two lights and two separate resistors. The resistors have to be plugged on the light one on each side and than the lights get installed . why did you not just send the resistor back?

Anyway- mine work and look perfect!

Old 05-21-2011, 04:55 PM
abdo054 is infamous around these parts
good to see more products !!

Old 05-23-2011, 08:16 AM
Ray33 has a spectacular aura aboutRay33 has a spectacular aura about
Lights arrived today! All in one piece this time (after first broken delivery a few weeks ago).

Will fit tonight and post some pics.

Old 05-23-2011, 08:31 AM
sideWays_swe is a jewel in the roughsideWays_swe is a jewel in the roughsideWays_swe is a jewel in the rough
Hopefully mine will arrive tomorrow. will post pics too as soon as i get them

Old 05-23-2011, 09:12 AM
raddray is infamous around these partsraddray is infamous around these parts
Mine were shipped from Germany on Friday!!

Old 05-23-2011, 04:24 PM
GU10TG is just really niceGU10TG is just really niceGU10TG is just really niceGU10TG is just really niceGU10TG is just really nice
Can't wait to see if these are error-free on American cars!

Looking forward to hearing from you, raddray

Old 05-23-2011, 06:33 PM
floridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud of
Was/is there a condensation issue, has that been solved?

Ken

Old 05-24-2011, 03:38 AM
Finally! No errors, no condensation, perfect fit.

Pictures don’t do them justice as to how bright they are in person

The 75% brake light I was never too sure about, but when you see it on it looks very good, I always thought it might look like the light was broken but it doesn’t - looks very intentional

Attached Images      

Last edited by Ray33; 05-24-2011 at 03:46 AM.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:41 AM
some more..

Attached Images    
Old 05-24-2011, 11:43 PM
floridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by raddray
Mine were shipped from Germany on Friday!!

When did u order them? I assume u placed order directly from the Dectane website, did u receive a shipment confirmation?

TIA,
Ken

Old 05-25-2011, 06:18 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by floridaBMW
When did u order them? I assume u placed order directly from the Dectane website, did u receive a shipment confirmation?

TIA,
Ken
If you've followed the trail of posts you'll notice that so far Dectane will not distribute to US addresses.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New German Made 997.1 LED's!