997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

New German Made 997.1 LED's!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 10:25 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by skaj
Hi Boys.

I received ligths today after less tha nweek after order (to Czech Republic). There are 2 lights and 2 separate resistors. 2 another resistors are instaled on lights.

Please, where I have to put separate resistors? Which place?

Can Istick separated resistor on the resistor, which is bolted to the light? Or somewhere else?

Thank you for your help, I am amateur :-(
If they are similar to the ones I've seen, each light comes with a separate black box about 2 inches by 2 inches with a white connector cord. The light fixture itself also has a white connector cord - plug the resistor box into that cord and then connect the black cord from the light to the black cord from the vehicle - not too complicated. The resistor box can be duct taped to the inside of body opening or can be just left loose.

Old 06-07-2011, 11:19 AM
Jersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to behold
I received my LED's from Car Light Pro last night and installed them before leaving for work this morning. Good fit great look and unless I'm completely wrong I believe they are now the Dectane distributor in the US. I received them in 3 days, came packed very well, with 2 additional resistors, installation was as simple as could be, total cost from them $898 shipping included. Is there really that much of a savings going to Europe and shipping. If there is a problem CLP is in Florida.
Just my .02 cents. I am happy with the lights and Sascha was great to deal with.
JS

Old 06-07-2011, 12:22 PM
raddray is infamous around these partsraddray is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Jersey Shore
I received my LED's from Car Light Pro last night and installed them before leaving for work this morning. Good fit great look and unless I'm completely wrong I believe they are now the Dectane distributor in the US. I received them in 3 days, came packed very well, with 2 additional resistors, installation was as simple as could be, total cost from them $898 shipping included. Is there really that much of a savings going to Europe and shipping. If there is a problem CLP is in Florida.
Just my .02 cents. I am happy with the lights and Sascha was great to deal with.
JS

There are actually two places in the US that carry these lights. Euroactive.com sells them for 999.95 plus shipping.

Old 06-14-2011, 12:22 PM
DirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud of
Hey guys, do you know what those resistors are for exactly? The lights seem to work just fine without those resistors.

Old 06-14-2011, 12:42 PM
floridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by DirtyVegas
Hey guys, do you know what those resistors are for exactly? The lights seem to work just fine without those resistors.
I would imagine they are for the LED conversion. I would not run them without the resistors, u will likely throw a code or worse.

Ken

Old 06-14-2011, 12:57 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by floridaBMW
I would imagine they are for the LED conversion. I would not run them without the resistors, u will likely throw a code or worse.

Ken
Agree - not sure why they would include it if wasn't intended to be used.

Old 06-14-2011, 01:30 PM
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
Agree - not sure why they would include it if wasn't intended to be used.
I think some model years are more sensitive to the led conversion. I installed on my 07 c2s yesterday without the extra resistors and i am not getting any bulb out warning lights.

Old 06-14-2011, 02:35 PM
floridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by raddray
I think some model years are more sensitive to the led conversion. I installed on my 07 c2s yesterday without the extra resistors and i am not getting any bulb out warning lights.

I wouldn't.....but that's just me.

Ken

Old 06-14-2011, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by floridaBMW
I wouldn't.....but that's just me.

Ken
Here's my reason for not installing the extra resistors. The reason that our cars throw bulb out warning lights with LED bulbs is because they do not generate enough load on the circuit. This is what happened when I put the equivalent LED bulbs in the original tail light sockets. With the resistors in place, they provide the "resistance/load" to prevent the bulb out warning. The dectane lights are installed and there are no warning lights. No additional resistors needed. I do remember a post about certain cars(Turbo) needing additional or different resistors on the ROTTEC LED lights. Anyway, my useless 2 cents. if you get warning lights, use the extra resistors.

Old 06-14-2011, 03:04 PM
sideWays_swe is a jewel in the roughsideWays_swe is a jewel in the roughsideWays_swe is a jewel in the rough
I have not installed the extra resistors either. And no problem. been running them for awhile now. In Dectanes own install video they dont use the resistor either.

Old 06-14-2011, 03:58 PM
DirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud of
And let's not forget that there is already a resistor in each of the light assemblies. These in the box seem to be a 2nd set...

Old 06-15-2011, 12:01 PM
extra dectane resistors.

Here is the response from Frank at Orange tuning on the extra resistors.

Hi Raymond,

We just talked with the technican department.

Some 997.1 has already installed the "Bord-Computer-Technic" of 4S or GT3.

Is that the reason the additional resistors are not required.

Depo incl. the additional resistors in any package that the customer can installed them in any case.

If you dont need them you have an extra set of resistors.

-Frank
----- Original Message -----
To: Orange-Tuning
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2011 10:48 PM
Subject: Re: Enquiry from orange-tuning.de

do you know if the second set of resistors are required? I plugged the lights in without the extra resistor pack and have had no issues or any warning lights.

Old 06-19-2011, 08:45 AM
halley is a splendid one to beholdhalley is a splendid one to beholdhalley is a splendid one to beholdhalley is a splendid one to beholdhalley is a splendid one to beholdhalley is a splendid one to behold
I have got mine yesterday from carlightpro, no problems at all - they look amazing.

Old 06-27-2011, 12:42 AM
skaj is infamous around these parts
Problem with DECTANE LED light

Hi guys.

I have problem with this lights on my 997.1 12/2007 4S. For the first view all is looking OK.

But I made many test with this lights. Many time on/of. And for every (approximately) 10-20th switch on do not working RIGHT tail light (light which is ON for whole time). All lights (break, back, ...) on this right LED light working, but only TAIL LIGHT not working. An only for 10-20 start of my 911.

Do you think, that problem is on this light or on 911? I wen back to my old lights :-(

BTW, lights are amazing.

Old 06-27-2011, 06:17 AM
Originally Posted by skaj
Hi guys.

I have problem with this lights on my 997.1 12/2007 4S. For the first view all is looking OK.

But I made many test with this lights. Many time on/of. And for every (approximately) 10-20th switch on do not working RIGHT tail light (light which is ON for whole time). All lights (break, back, ...) on this right LED light working, but only TAIL LIGHT not working. An only for 10-20 start of my 911.

Do you think, that problem is on this light or on 911? I wen back to my old lights :-(

BTW, lights are amazing.
It should be obvious if your old lights work then there is a problem with the new light. Return it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New German Made 997.1 LED's!