997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

New German Made 997.1 LED's!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 03:18 AM
Jersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by STATUS1
Does anyone know if the leds wether from Rottech or from dectane are available smoked or with black housing?

I bought my LED's from Car Light Pro (Dectanes) in Florida. Service was great, Sasha is terrific to work with, and received them in 3 days. They have a "smoked" version. Go to Carlightpro.com and you can see pics and videos.
Good luck
JS

Last edited by Jersey Shore; 09-14-2011 at 03:23 AM.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:06 AM
Berndindallas is infamous around these parts
Smile Just mounted my new Dectane red/smoke tail lights

Received the lights yesterday and couldn't wait until the weekend to mount them. I love the red/smoke look with the all black car. Was afraid the smoked look would make it too dark but was pleasantly surprised by the outcome. Mounting the lights was as easy as opening a bottle of beer, just make sure that you are using a screwdriver with a magnetic tip. The wife was wondering who was cursing up a storm in the garage when the damned screw fell off and disappeared in the darkness...

Attached Images    
Old 10-05-2011, 11:15 PM
pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Berndindallas
Received the lights yesterday and couldn't wait until the weekend to mount them. I love the red/smoke look with the all black car. Was afraid the smoked look would make it too dark but was pleasantly surprised by the outcome. Mounting the lights was as easy as opening a bottle of beer, just make sure that you are using a screwdriver with a magnetic tip. The wife was wondering who was cursing up a storm in the garage when the damned screw fell off and disappeared in the darkness...

Awesome!!!
Been contemplating these, however unsure if I should wait a few more months to see if an update similar to the 991 + rear bumper becomes available

Old 10-06-2011, 05:53 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by pureporsche

Awesome!!!
Been contemplating these, however unsure if I should wait a few more months to see if an update similar to the 991 + rear bumper becomes available
Waiting for the "next best" thing would drive me crazy - there will always be something better.

Old 10-06-2011, 12:57 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Mine should be here any day now from Orangetuning in Germany. Thankfully much cheaper than changing the bumper and reprogramming the car to use 997.2 led lights.

Old 10-07-2011, 04:05 AM
dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !
A couple of months ago I ordered for a friend here in Greece the dectane lights (customs and all that is so much easier within the EU!). I have a set of the Rotec lights, so while installing the new ones to my friends car, it was a good chance to get some side by side shots. Quality is lacking, but I only had the berry to take pics with.

As far as installation goes, I will say that the Dectane lights are easier to install, you only unclip the harness whereas Rotec lights you connect to each bulb. Also the Dectane lights leave a smaller gap between light and fender.

All in all its a good product. I just have aesthetic concerns with the brake light pattern leaving the corners open when applying the brakes (one side is the fog light). I prefer the Rotec light which lights up the whole triangle.

Old 10-07-2011, 09:10 AM
sideWays_swe is a jewel in the roughsideWays_swe is a jewel in the roughsideWays_swe is a jewel in the rough
^^ im sorry but the dectane looks 100 times better.

Old 10-07-2011, 09:22 AM
pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !

I'm still on the fence - the Dectane looks great, except the brake... that half lit up pattern, looks atrocious.

I wish someone can create a light like this, that looks this good when not lit up, but light's up just as the OEM.2

Old 10-07-2011, 09:38 AM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
I think the clear portion on the rotec is too big.

Old 10-07-2011, 09:55 AM
dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sideWays_swe
^^ im sorry but the dectane looks 100 times better.
To each his own...
I agree with pureporsche that when braking the dectane are at least horrid. Also the dectne are too red. The slight tint on the rotec red part looks good on my car.

I am still on the fence too the dectane came after I bought mine and perhaps the ones with the tinted inside part posted on the black car here above would look nice on meteor.

As build quality and installation ease tho the dectane wins.

Old 10-07-2011, 10:22 AM
sbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond repute
Dianic - Thanks so much for the nice comparison! I totally agree with your comments.

I personally like having more clear than red espcially on lighter colored cars. Too bad we can't combine better build, ease installation, and better implementation of fog lights with Rottec.

I am not a big fan of the brake lights on Dectane but no questions asked it looks the most OEM.

You can't go wrong with either - anything is better than stock.

On a side note, I was able to get rid of the gap between the fender and light on my Rottec but adjusting the two black screws on the side. By doing this, I was able to minimize the amount of water entering through the gap

Old 10-07-2011, 07:53 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Just got my Dectanes, what is the black connector box thing included in the package? There were no instructions (lol, and it didn't say dectane anywhere).

Old 10-08-2011, 05:51 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by The Bogg
Just got my Dectanes, what is the black connector box thing included in the package? There were no instructions (lol, and it didn't say dectane anywhere).
Resistor box - see post #196.

Old 10-08-2011, 07:14 AM
Ah, thanks. I only found one in the box. Are they necessary or do you only use it if there is an error?

Old 10-08-2011, 07:28 AM
Silly me, there were 2 in the plastic wrap, I thought it was just one until I unwrapped it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New German Made 997.1 LED's!