997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

New German Made 997.1 LED's!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 08:34 AM
Berndindallas is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by The Bogg
Ah, thanks. I only found one in the box. Are they necessary or do you only use it if there is an error?
I installed them on my '09 without the extra resistor and haven't had any issues or CELs so far. Looks like only older 997.1s might need them.

Old 10-09-2011, 07:12 PM
SVTHorsnake is infamous around these partsSVTHorsnake is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by The Bogg
Silly me, there were 2 in the plastic wrap, I thought it was just one until I unwrapped it.
haha. I thought the same thing and panicked.

Old 10-10-2011, 07:25 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Berndindallas
I installed them on my '09 without the extra resistor and haven't had any issues or CELs so far. Looks like only older 997.1s might need them.
When I bought in May I didn't realize that the resistor packs might be optional so I installed them on my 08 - no problems to date.

Old 10-10-2011, 08:29 AM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
Mine is a Jan prod 2008, did not install resistors, no errors.

Old 10-10-2011, 10:02 AM
sbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond repute
gmoney - so you are not running any resistors and no errors for brake and turn lights for 2008? I also have 08 and my rottec rear LEDs have tons of resistors and I would love to have a setup that doesn't require any.

Old 10-10-2011, 10:06 AM
sbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DirtyVegas
And let's not forget that there is already a resistor in each of the light assemblies. These in the box seem to be a 2nd set...
Ooops never mind - found this post. So there are resistors in the Dectanes but they include extras just in case...

Old 10-10-2011, 11:41 AM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SVTHorsnake
haha. I thought the same thing and panicked.
lol, glad I'm not the only one.

these lights are gorgeous. I received tons of compliments on them and I must say they make the car look "current". I just realized that the alignment is slightly off on one of them so I'll jiggle the light and see if I can get them to match. I'd give the fit and finish a 9 out of 10 b/c it is close to oem install but I think it's a bit more finicky. Although I could be remembering wrong, I might have had to fuss when I put the red taillights on too but I can't remember.

I didn't see any resistors on the light itself but I don't care if they are there as long as things work. I have a 2007 car and just went ahead and put the resistors on and no problems.

Old 10-24-2011, 10:27 PM
pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !
Well after a lot of debating, a set of Dectane lights came up for 500 dollars... so I jumped at the opportunity of a 50% reduction!
BTW: thanks chooner for the fast shipping!!!!

FYI: I was one of the biggest skeptics regarding these lights, but honestly pictures do not do them justice.
They look phenomenal in person, fit perfectly (no gaps/misalignment), and sure offer a cool, unique, and very professional look!

These are the clear/smoked Dectane LED's

More here...

Last edited by pureporsche; 10-24-2011 at 10:30 PM.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:39 PM
Jake's Oy is infamous around these partsJake's Oy is infamous around these parts
The lights look fantastic when they are off. And when the parking lights are on. Just when the brake lights are on only; like others have said they look kinda retarded with the partial c pattern :/ At least to me.

If that wasn't an issue I would have ordered a pair 3 months ago

Glad you like them though, thats most important

Old 10-24-2011, 10:46 PM
pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Jake's Oy
The lights look fantastic when they are off. And when the parking lights are on. Just when the brake lights are on only; like others have said they look kinda retarded with the partial c pattern :/ At least to me.

If that wasn't an issue I would have ordered a pair 3 months ago

Glad you like them though, thats most important
True, THAT was my biggest worry - but I have set the lights to be on permanently for day time driving, so the LED constantly has the full pattern active - from the rear they fade in perfectly with the non brake lights - looks good actually. You should see them in person.

Also the ridiculous looking "C" photo that I re-posted earlier, I think those were the "first generation" dectane. I certainly don't see that C shape. They actually look good lit up

Old 10-25-2011, 06:02 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by pureporsche
True, THAT was my biggest worry - but I have set the lights to be on permanently for day time driving, so the LED constantly has the full pattern active - from the rear they fade in perfectly with the non brake lights - looks good actually. You should see them in person.

Also the ridiculous looking "C" photo that I re-posted earlier, I think those were the "first generation" dectane. I certainly don't see that C shape. They actually look good lit up
Your car looks great!! I don't worry about what the brake lights look like - as long as they work - you never see them anyway.

Old 11-13-2011, 04:57 AM
Viktor4S is infamous around these parts
Dectane vs rottec

What would you reccomend to buy?
What differences are between theese two tail led lights?
Thx and advancee.

Old 11-13-2011, 10:54 AM
dtchui is infamous around these parts
not bad

Old 11-13-2011, 12:25 PM
avh128996tt is a name known to allavh128996tt is a name known to allavh128996tt is a name known to allavh128996tt is a name known to allavh128996tt is a name known to allavh128996tt is a name known to all
pureporsche , I love the way your 997tt looks , can you please give the part number ,brand make and the web site (if possible) for the front and rear spoiler lips . And do they come painted ready for installation. Thanx

Old 12-29-2011, 05:50 AM
Originally Posted by pureporsche
Pureporsche - so does your Dectanes light up completely when you press on the brake? ( ie no "C" shape)? I am curious if the current version provides for all brake lights Thanks!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New German Made 997.1 LED's!