997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

New German Made 997.1 LED's!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 06:39 AM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
thank is a perfect match.....great deal.....

Old 06-27-2011, 07:26 AM
996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by skaj
Hi guys.

I have problem with this lights on my 997.1 12/2007 4S. For the first view all is looking OK.

But I made many test with this lights. Many time on/of. And for every (approximately) 10-20th switch on do not working RIGHT tail light (light which is ON for whole time). All lights (break, back, ...) on this right LED light working, but only TAIL LIGHT not working. An only for 10-20 start of my 911.

Do you think, that problem is on this light or on 911? I wen back to my old lights :-(

BTW, lights are amazing.
There is nothing wrong with the lights, nor with the car. Your car is equipped with a CAN BUS system, that does test after a special no. of cycles ( around 20) When you see your light behaving strange for that short moment the LED do recognize the running of the test. Normal lights can not show this, because they use much higher energy to light up.
All higher end cars are equipped with this system, but all run the test different ( Audi for example flashes all lights at the same time)

Hope that helps....

Last edited by 996TTer; 06-27-2011 at 09:16 AM.
Old 06-27-2011, 07:34 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 996TTer
There is nothing wrong with the lights, nor with the car. Your car is equipped with a CAR BUS system, that does test after a special no. of cycles ( around 20) When you see your light behaving strange for that short moment the LED do recognize the running of the test. Normal lights can not show this, because they use much higher energy to light up.
All higher end cars are equipped with this system, but all run the test different ( Audi for example flashes all lights at the same time)

Hope that helps....
Interesting info - thanks. Why is the test only manifesting itself with a problem in one light? When the test completes do the lights go back to normal illumination or do you have to cycle the switch?

Old 06-27-2011, 08:26 AM
996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
Interesting info - thanks. Why is the test only manifesting itself with a problem in one light? When the test completes do the lights go back to normal illumination or do you have to cycle the switch?
Usually after the test is finished everything is back to normal ( after a few seconds) The question why you see it on one light is only to be answered by Porsche (they do usually not say how their diagnostic system works) as I said it is different from brand to brand.
Unless you do trigger the test on purpose (on/off, on/off 20 times or more) you will never realize that the test was run.

Last edited by 996TTer; 06-27-2011 at 08:29 AM.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:55 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 996TTer
Usually after the test is finished everything is back to normal ( after a few seconds) The question why you see it on one light is only to be answered by Porsche (they do usually not say how their diagnostic system works) as I said it is different from brand to brand.
Unless you do trigger the test on purpose (on/off, on/off 20 times or more) you will never realize that the test was run.
Thanks.

Old 06-28-2011, 06:33 AM
skaj is infamous around these parts
Thank you for the opinion. I find further information. This became a problem when I had the lights turned on before starting the engine. And when I started the engine and the right rear light went out. But the only light that has lit constantly. Brake lights and reversing lights working OK. Take the lead lights working OK.

Do you think that's really not a fault in the light?

2nd query: I tried to disconnect pridavnerezistory and this problem still persisted. Why are these two extra resistors? I have to use them? how do I know that I have or not be used?

Cheers, Jiri

Old 06-28-2011, 06:49 AM
Thank you for the opinion. I find further information. This became a problem when I had the lights turned on before starting the engine. And when I started the engine and the right rear light went out. But the only light that has lit constantly. Brake lights and reversing lights working OK. Take the lead lights working OK.

2nd query: I tried to disconnect pridavnerezistory and this problem still persisted. Why are these two extra resistors? I have to use them? how do I know that I have or not be used?

Cheers, Jiri
The lights do not have any electronic in there that can trigger this, so what you see is triggered by the car. The extra resistors are there for preventing the CEL to come on. Some cars are more sensitive than others, it is recommended to use them. Just ask your vendor.

Last edited by 996TTer; 06-28-2011 at 06:52 AM.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:59 AM

Cheers, Jiri
I think you said old lights work, new lights don't - sounds like the problem is with the new lights - send them back or maybe try on someone else's car if available.

Old 06-28-2011, 09:13 AM
I wrote message to Dectane support. I have reply. They are thinking, that problem is on resistor on light. They will send me 2 new and I will try to install light with new resistors. If will problem persists, I will send complete box back.

Thank you for your help.

BTW, ligts are amazing :-) I will add several photos from day and night asap.

Old 07-01-2011, 02:13 AM
nuke18 is infamous around these parts
Have the same problem! If lights are on before starting the engine - the left one does not work after starting. You should turn off the light and then on again - in this case they work.
I think may be it is because of old battery???

Old 07-06-2011, 03:21 PM
Originally Posted by nuke18
Have the same problem! If lights are on before starting the engine - the left one does not work after starting. You should turn off the light and then on again - in this case they work.
I think may be it is because of old battery???
nuke18, did you solve problem?

Old 07-11-2011, 02:25 AM
nuke18 is infamous around these parts
Nope, just don't turn the light on before starting engine. But I notice, that after a ride if I shut down engine and start again- the lights will be still on!
That's why I think it is because low battery, while the battery after ride is a little recharged. The best way - is to change battery and to see, what ll happen

Old 07-12-2011, 08:21 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
I think I just saw a set of these on a local car and WOW they look great in person. The penny jar begins for a pair of these!

Old 08-30-2011, 07:17 PM
PORSCHEAUDIOLUV is infamous around these parts
Guys , I updated my car with factory Led lights as well as the module under the drivers seat . i also upgraded to the euro bumper. After the install I was having problems as well . The fix was to take the car to your local porsche dealer and have them hook up their computer and turn on the function for led lights .
Hope this helps you guys out .
I did this about a year ago and never got around to posting pics .

Old 09-13-2011, 10:24 PM
STATUS1 is infamous around these parts
led tails

Does anyone know if the leds wether from Rottech or from dectane are available smoked or with black housing?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New German Made 997.1 LED's!