997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

New German Made 997.1 LED's!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 11:00 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PCJR
I didn't read all of the post....are they plug and play yet or are there still issues with warning lights?

Which supplier has had best results?

I got mine from Ray and could not be hapier

Old 03-01-2011, 11:02 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Slate997TT
Front LEDs DL's as well?

I have send my front lights to a member here "Skandalis" who can do the conversion to DRLs

Old 03-08-2011, 05:56 PM
norbertob is infamous around these parts
I measured and compared tail lights between C4 and TT 997, both same year 2007, and...They are aparently NOT THE SAME...Trying to find LED tail lights on Ebay, some offer them for BOTH, some others say NOT FOR TURBO...Does anyone know if they fit for both?? Thanks!! Norberto from Argentina

Old 03-08-2011, 06:01 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
997.1 taillights all are the same size- all models.

Old 03-08-2011, 06:02 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
He needs a new tape measure.

Old 03-08-2011, 06:09 PM
Ok, thanks, I"ll order both tail lights and tape.

Old 03-08-2011, 06:15 PM
Need advise for power kit for 997 TT, stage 1, balance between power gain and results on the long run...Cargraphic or Tech Art? My previous 996 TT had some problems whith lambdas on low RPM running...Enlight me...

Old 03-08-2011, 06:18 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Rather than diverting from the topic here, please start a new thread, or better yet do a search on the topic and post any questions.

Thanks.

bob

Old 03-08-2011, 06:45 PM
Bob, you are quite right, new on the site, I apologize...Any seller you may know for led tail lights 997.1 in Miami? No conversions, I have to ask a friend to bring them here... Thanks!!

Old 03-14-2011, 05:03 PM
SVTHorsnake is infamous around these partsSVTHorsnake is infamous around these parts
I'll be putting in my order tomorrow, and unless I hear otherwise I'm going with the Dectanes. I'm guessing "4-5 weeks" haven't run yet but anyone here have any experience? I looked at 911uk.com and they've been getting nothing but positive reviews.

Any closing arguments? Thanks all.

Old 03-14-2011, 09:19 PM
GU10TG is just really niceGU10TG is just really niceGU10TG is just really niceGU10TG is just really niceGU10TG is just really nice
Subscribed!

Old 03-14-2011, 11:18 PM
M32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by SVTHorsnake
I'll be putting in my order tomorrow, and unless I hear otherwise I'm going with the Dectanes. I'm guessing "4-5 weeks" haven't run yet but anyone here have any experience? I looked at 911uk.com and they've been getting nothing but positive reviews.

I am thinking about ordering through Dectane as well as the price ends up being $200 less than the ones from Ray and it seems the quality is equal or better. I don't mind waiting 4-5 weeks but then again do we know for sure when they will truly arrive?

Old 03-15-2011, 02:55 AM
Ray33 has a spectacular aura aboutRay33 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by SVTHorsnake

They seem to be a reputable outfit. The first delivery of lights they did last year had a few small issues on some of the units. Rather than waiting to see what would happen they recalled all units, paid for the return shipping and replaced them with new units. All of their products have a 24 month warranty, plus Dectane are a well respected company in Europe. So overall the risk of ordering from them is very very low - so i say its worth a gamble. The lights seem to be of very high quality and for my taste much closer to the OEM lights.

My order is paid and confirmed and i am just waiting on a delivery date from the warehouse - should be around mid April which is not so far away.

Old 03-15-2011, 07:05 AM
Tiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to behold
Both lights looks great, but my vote goes to dectane because it is closer to OEM. But it is my taste and i admit that in some cars with complete bodykits, the Ray units suits better.

Old 03-15-2011, 11:39 AM
SVTHorsnake is infamous around these partsSVTHorsnake is infamous around these parts
With what's been said about quality, the fact they are fully functional LED, look closer to OEM, don't use tape as an integral component, and are $200 less, makes this sort of a no brainer. Just didn't know anything about Dectane. Thanks all, I'll also report back, but it seems I'll be a few weeks behind other board members...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New German Made 997.1 LED's!