997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997 Turbo Cab Construction - Project Not Ours

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 10:10 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Tialsport products are not used in our kit. We use true Garrett turbos with Turbosmart external wastegates. I would appreciate your technical jargon not related to our products in a different thread.

Old 06-23-2011, 10:20 AM
atlboy is infamous around these parts
The more I read this thread the more confused I'm getting. Dan, please elaborate on what you said about the turbos because I found this on tialsport's site:

http://www.tialsport.com/prod_tc_gt_30r.htm

Old 06-23-2011, 10:21 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Please give me a call to discuss. Again we do not use Tial products.

Old 06-23-2011, 11:14 AM
Please give me a call to discuss. Again we do not use Tial products.
I will Dan, thanks. Right now I'm just doing research trying to gather as much info as I can. I don't want to regret my decision like I did with my boat. If I listened to the guys on thehulltruth.com BEFORE I bought it I wouldn't have an $80k anchor sitting on a trailer in my driveway. I just want to hear from some more end users before i commit...

Old 06-23-2011, 11:16 AM
Former Vendor
Dont know how you could mess up a boat Anyways, sounds good.

Old 06-23-2011, 11:30 AM
TiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vividracing
Tialsport products are not used in our kit. We use true Garrett turbos with Turbosmart external wastegates. I would appreciate your technical jargon not related to our products in a different thread.
As one of the five Garrett Performance Distributors in the US i'd appreciate separating facts from fiction when it comes to Garrett turbos and not confusing the function of a BOV with the purpose of a ported shroud compressor cover.

atlboy: simple description is that a ported shroud will move the compressor map surge point more to the left, decreasing the chance for the turbo to go into true compressor surge under part throttle and mid-low RPM high throttle conditions. It essentially recirculates some of the pressurized air back in to the intake so the turbo isn't trying to shove more air into the engine than the engine can take - if that happens the engine will in turn throw the air back at the compressor wheel and cause boost fluctuations, damage the turbo severely and the car has a tendency to buck....think of it as a human throwing up.

Old 06-23-2011, 11:38 AM
Former Vendor
Thank you for describing my point in a technical matter. Like I said, the anti compressor surge housing like we use on our 996 Carrera Turbo Kit from Precision Turbo reduces the amount of compressor surge at partial throttle or as you like to say "move the map".

Old 06-23-2011, 11:41 AM
TiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond repute
Thank you for describing my point in a technical matter. Like I said, the anti compressor surge housing like we use on our 996 Carrera Turbo Kit from Precision Turbo reduces the amount of compressor surge at partial throttle or as you like to say "move the map".
The short of it... you know when you are lightly on the throttle and only build about 5psi of boost and you let off the gas and here "whooop whooop whoooop". That is compressor surge as you dont have enough pressure to blow off from the blow off valves. So the air travels back down and into the compressor slowing down the turbine wheel. The anti compressor surge inlet has the which then moves this air from going directly into the compressor side...

[IMG]http://www.realstreetperformance.com/ebay/garrett_gtx3076r_upgrade_2.jpg[/MG]
no, what you described and what I am referring two are two totally different things

you are describing letting your foot off the gas, closing the throttle plate and are saying that a ported shroud can aid in the pew pew pew noise you hear.

I am saying that when you are ON throttle and you hear the noise you are riding the left side of the compressor map and the turbo is trying to shove more air into the engine than the engine can take, so the engine shoves it back at the turbo

Last edited by TiALSport; 06-23-2011 at 11:43 AM.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:42 AM
Former Vendor
ok thanks

Old 06-23-2011, 07:34 PM
whooop whooop whooop is my turbo going to turn into one of these type of cars in the video with these parts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpl_ey5cVnk

Old 06-23-2011, 08:33 PM
salerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by atlboy
whooop whooop whooop is my turbo going to turn into one of these type of cars in the video with these parts
LOL its all for "deka-rashun"

Awesome package vivid, so the only limitations to making this package capable of more horsepower is a built motor and some injectors mainly?

Old 06-24-2011, 09:23 AM
Former Vendor
If you want to go MORE power yes doing pistons, rods, head gasket would allow for more boost! Again on race gas we can squeeze 1.6bar no issues.

Old 06-24-2011, 09:33 AM
ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !
Dan did u do 100-200km vbox run in this project?

Old 06-24-2011, 10:15 AM
Former Vendor
No I did not. The owner will do some runs. Having not drove a Tip this fast, I can see now why your car murders others in Kuwait races!

Old 06-24-2011, 12:28 PM
ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !
Yes , i think you should do some upgrades to the turbos !!
Am searching for that now

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 Turbo Cab Construction - Project Not Ours