997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Need help disconnecting gas pedal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 05:06 PM
Car-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond repute
Message Removed

Message Removed

Last edited by Car-Narcissist; 06-27-2018 at 03:15 PM.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:12 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Old 02-26-2011, 06:56 PM
slawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Car-Narcissist
Yes! I owe you a bottle of wine for that one.

Here's what she looks like now...
The beginning of the beautiful relationship

Old 02-26-2011, 06:59 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Ghaaadzoooks!! What are you working on!?!?

Old 02-26-2011, 08:55 PM
Joe, if you get into trouble, you may want to look up member bluesea, who did something very similar:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ted-997tt.html

Good luck!

bob

Old 02-26-2011, 09:42 PM
PSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nice
All I can say is WOW after seeing those pics. You are brave! Be interesting to see how you like it after the change.

I'm actually the opposite with exhaust and turbo noise. I like to not only hear the sounds, especially the turbos that seem to whistle louder with the aftermarket exhaust, but I'll turn off the radio, role the windows down and open the sunroof to enhance the effect.

Old 02-27-2011, 12:29 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Oh my.....you really are a car narcissist!

Old 02-27-2011, 03:00 PM
E55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud of
yikes! Wow, i've heard of people ripping stuff out making it lighter, exhaust to make it louder, etc. Can't say i've heard it going the opposite LOL.

Hey, it's yours so do whatever makes you happy. I know you looked so long for this car; weren't you afraid the car would drive too rough when you were first looking?

I'm wondering if you would have been happier with an SL AMG

Old 02-27-2011, 10:55 PM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
You're a brave brave soul!

Did you try to document the stripping down process with pix and instructions?

Old 02-27-2011, 11:21 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
How much weight are we talking about here? Have you weighed all the material you plan putting in? Its going to be interesting to hear your findings on the sound results. Not that im racing to anything like this but i think we all would have to admit the 911 does have tire roar on coarse chip bitumen. Hasn't bothered me on my driving but i guess if you were doing long trips it may get to you.

Old 05-27-2011, 10:20 AM
airmitch is a name known to allairmitch is a name known to allairmitch is a name known to allairmitch is a name known to allairmitch is a name known to allairmitch is a name known to all
Joe,

How did this turn out? Did you get the interior noise reduction that you expected? Would you do it again? Any lessons learned?

Inquiring minds want to know...

Old 01-21-2012, 05:10 PM
997tttiplux has a reputation beyond repute997tttiplux has a reputation beyond repute997tttiplux has a reputation beyond repute997tttiplux has a reputation beyond repute997tttiplux has a reputation beyond repute997tttiplux has a reputation beyond repute997tttiplux has a reputation beyond repute997tttiplux has a reputation beyond repute997tttiplux has a reputation beyond repute997tttiplux has a reputation beyond repute997tttiplux has a reputation beyond repute
Hi Joe

Any more feedback? Someone told me that you were working lately on the doors.

I'm one of the people who think that this car has some fantastic capabilities but also has an unbelievably high road noise which makes that car inadequate for travel. I would like too to work on this with Don.

Your latest feedback and opinion will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

David

Old 01-22-2012, 09:21 AM
NWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond repute
+1 I know where you are coming from. 12 years ago, I had a 2000 996 C4, and if you think the 997 is bad, wow, the 996 was a disaster. That car was so bad, it gave me a headache if you drove for more than an hour. I did exactly what you did and put sound deadening "strategically". Actually, just everywhere and probably added more than 35lbs, but it made the car bearable (for me) as a daily driver. I even put it in the doors, rear quarter panels and the roof.

With the 997TT, it's acceptable for me as I don't do long drives in it, just around town.

Great job on your car! I'm glad it worked.

Originally Posted by Car-Narcissist
I'm very happy with the sound now. The engine sound is still there but not as loud. The car is more enjoyable to drive in a gear that keeps the RPM's up. So I can tool around town in third with the RPM's in the ready-blast-off range without the engine sounding like it is straining.

The road noise is noticably reduced but its not Rolls Royce quiet. On smooth surfaces, the road noise is almost non-existent. On rough surfaces, the road noise is there but you can still have a civilized conversation in the car. To be honest, I was a bit embarrassed when I took some friends out for a test drive when I bought the TT because no one expected the road noise to be that bad. They all agree now that the sound deadening was a very worthwhile addition.

Basically, it "took the edge off". I'd do it again.