997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Porsche Approved Warranty problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 10:01 AM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
Porsche Approved Warranty problems

Hi

My dealer in Finland surprised me this week by saying that Porsche Approved is no more available to company registered cars after May 2010. Anyone else experience this? Is this a worldwide action from Porsche? I would suspect that they would lose a lot of customers due to this. I for one will not buy a Porsche without Porsche Approved. I contacted Porsche contact in Stuttgart, but as usual they didnt answer my email at all. It seems to go in line with the Porsche customer service (or lack of it) I have come accustomed with.

I have to say my Porsche ownership experience with the turbo has been quite disappointing in comparison with Audi and Mercedes (even the Volvo I oused to own) I own too. The last insidence I had: I bent my rim on the car and after several phone calls back and forth to Porsche 24h "assist", they told me that due to the fact that it was not a malfunction in the car, they cant even call a tow truck for me?! I had to start looking for a towing company standing outside in the snow in -15c with a low cell phone battery. Didnt raise my spirits.

Luckily the car itself is providing a smile on my face and summer is getting closer, but it seems this will be my last Porsche as the customer service is below its price standard and there is no more warranty available at all.

Old 03-04-2011, 11:22 PM
zdimic is a jewel in the roughzdimic is a jewel in the roughzdimic is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by kip
Hi

My dealer in Finland surprised me this week by saying that Porsche Approved is no more available to company registered cars after May 2010. Anyone else experience this? Is this a worldwide action from Porsche? I would suspect that they would lose a lot of customers due to this. I for one will not buy a Porsche without Porsche Approved. I contacted Porsche contact in Stuttgart, but as usual they didnt answer my email at all. It seems to go in line with the Porsche customer service (or lack of it) I have come accustomed with.

I have to say my Porsche ownership experience with the turbo has been quite disappointing in comparison with Audi and Mercedes (even the Volvo I oused to own) I own too. The last insidence I had: I bent my rim on the car and after several phone calls back and forth to Porsche 24h "assist", they told me that due to the fact that it was not a malfunction in the car, they cant even call a tow truck for me?! I had to start looking for a towing company standing outside in the snow in -15c with a low cell phone battery. Didnt raise my spirits.

Luckily the car itself is providing a smile on my face and summer is getting closer, but it seems this will be my last Porsche as the customer service is below its price standard and there is no more warranty available at all.
Sorry to hear about your experience.

Company cars are pretty much unheard of in North America, except on the highest level (CEO, COO, etc...), so you won't hear many comments from USA/Canada guys. Very different culture that way...

And then, on the Cxx level, I imagine many of them would be careful of perception and wouldn't get expensive import car that is a bit showy?