997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

P3402 Turbo charger over boost condition upper limit value exceeded

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 03:43 PM
RUF QTR is just really niceRUF QTR is just really niceRUF QTR is just really niceRUF QTR is just really nice
Question P3402 Turbo charger over boost condition upper limit value exceeded

Fault code appeared in the DME my car was having boost problems

What could this be??

Old 03-04-2011, 06:36 PM
Quantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RUF QTR
Fault code appeared in the DME my car was having boost problems

What could this be??
Wastegate actuators would be my first guess.

Old 03-05-2011, 03:50 AM
RUF QTR is just really niceRUF QTR is just really niceRUF QTR is just really niceRUF QTR is just really nice
Originally Posted by Quantum
I checked with my dealer and my cars vin dosent have any recalls , but i talked to my advisor and will lubricate the acuators and see how it goes...

Old 03-05-2011, 02:41 PM
Quantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RUF QTR
I checked with my dealer and my cars vin dosent have any recalls , but i talked to my advisor and will lubricate the acuators and see how it goes...
I've also seen this code a few times on cars that are running software and have the crap beaten out of them on the highway. It never caused an issue performance wise, but definitely peculiar.

Old 03-05-2011, 05:51 PM
AlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant future
You are correct. Happened to me when the car had 130 (one hundred thirty) miles on it. Easy fix.

Old 03-06-2011, 12:11 AM
Originally Posted by AlexM
You are correct. Happened to me when the car had 130 (one hundred thirty) miles on it. Easy fix.
I chatted to my workshop manager yesterday he told me that it is very possible that it is the acuators they might not be releasing boost and causing the turbines to overboost then the ecu goes into limp mode from that..

im sending my car today lets see how it goes..

Old 03-06-2011, 12:16 AM
I've also seen this code a few times on cars that are running software and have the crap beaten out of them on the highway. It never caused an issue performance wise, but definitely peculiar.
Yeah my car is driven like it is meant to be driven for the last 2 years. what is strange is that the problem happend only after i replaced my cracked headers under warranty..