997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Aftermarket Diverter valves

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 12:12 AM
RUF QTR is just really niceRUF QTR is just really niceRUF QTR is just really niceRUF QTR is just really nice
Aftermarket Diverter valves

How do the aftermarket options compare to stock??

Old 03-17-2011, 03:51 AM
handdoc is infamous around these parts
i was told only important for higher boost applications

Old 03-17-2011, 04:02 AM
RUF QTR is just really niceRUF QTR is just really niceRUF QTR is just really niceRUF QTR is just really nice
yes im boosting almost 1.6 bar..

Old 03-17-2011, 07:45 AM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
had the Agency Power ones on my car for a month, (got them for free from a friend) brand new in box and I at first thought it was beneficial, because the boost seemed to stay up when i was shifting, but i ended up doing a readout of my computer and found that i had a boost leak.... I thought it was something else at first but then I decided to put back the oem brv's recheck the code and it was gone... so my observation is that the AP brv's caused a boost leak, no issue since.

That doesnt mean that other BRV's dont have good results, just didnt have good results with these.

Hope that helps

Old 03-17-2011, 07:54 AM
SpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond repute
Simply holding higher boost pressure, without leaking out!

Old 03-17-2011, 09:14 AM
Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dinorocz
had the Agency Power ones on my car for a month, (got them for free from a friend) brand new in box and I at first thought it was beneficial, because the boost seemed to stay up when i was shifting, but i ended up doing a readout of my computer and found that i had a boost leak.... I thought it was something else at first but then I decided to put back the oem brv's recheck the code and it was gone... so my observation is that the AP brv's caused a boost leak, no issue since.

That doesnt mean that other BRV's dont have good results, just didnt have good results with these.

Hope that helps
Had the exact same problem with my AP, Worst investment in my life. Oh well there in the garbage now.

Old 03-17-2011, 11:20 AM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
i've felt the different !
when changing gears slow you'll lose the boost pressure quick with the BOV's it will keep the boost pressure longer when you shift you dont need to boost up from zero there will still be spool in them
when quick shifting you'll see the bar goes down slightly hope this helps

Old 03-17-2011, 05:33 PM
Originally Posted by yalmutawa
i've felt the different !
when changing gears slow you'll lose the boost pressure quick with the BOV's it will keep the boost pressure longer when you shift you dont need to boost up from zero there will still be spool in them
when quick shifting you'll see the bar goes down slightly hope this helps
Which brand did you use?? and did it improve acceleration numbers?

Old 03-17-2011, 06:05 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
I have the EVOMS ones, no problems.

Old 03-17-2011, 08:26 PM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
Quote:
Which brand did you use?? and did it improve acceleration numbers?
i used evoms BOV's and it really did u can feel the slight different they're cheap and worth every penny no data log sorry !

Old 03-17-2011, 08:38 PM
997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Lil Powell
Had the exact same problem with my AP, Worst investment in my life. Oh well there in the garbage now.
DITTO! AP NO GOOD

Old 03-17-2011, 08:41 PM
i never had any problems with the evoms bovs and i have a friend had problems with the agency bovs as well !

Old 03-17-2011, 08:59 PM
PyroKerry has a spectacular aura aboutPyroKerry has a spectacular aura about
It seems to me that the stock diverters, being a diaphram design, would react more quickly to the closed throttle plate than the aftermarket piston design diverter valves.