997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997.1 LED taillights no need for red bulb!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 10:32 PM
faiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nice
I think people are commenting wrt how they look compared to gen 997.2 leds

Old 03-19-2011, 10:56 PM
dw.metro has much to be proud ofdw.metro has much to be proud ofdw.metro has much to be proud ofdw.metro has much to be proud ofdw.metro has much to be proud ofdw.metro has much to be proud ofdw.metro has much to be proud ofdw.metro has much to be proud of
I definitely prefer the Rottec brake light setup better. This one looks kinda weird.

Old 03-19-2011, 11:25 PM
faiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nice
I wish rottec didn't have the monster rear fog housing. Turn signals look too small.

Also, it would be nice if we saw the yellow Porsche shoot some night pics. The refraction of the LEDs at night will yield a better idea as to what looks better. In some pics the rottec LEDs look too far apart and individual.

Here's hoping the dectanes light output looks more homogeneous like gen led tails

Old 03-20-2011, 06:25 AM
thuggy has a spectacular aura aboutthuggy has a spectacular aura about
I prefer the bigger clear section on ROTtec lights but like the bigger turn signal on these. I agree that that brake light pattern is a little weird.

Bottom line is that it great to have options.

Old 03-20-2011, 08:47 AM
996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute
The lights are not cheap products like other aftermarket lights, they are as I said before from Europe and approved for the European market (TuV and E approved), so they have to follow some guidelines.
If someone is interested here are these guidelines
http://www.unece.org/trans/main/wp29...egs/r48r6e.pdf ( this is the English version).

The here relevant part is under E/ECE/324 E/ECE/TRANS/505 Regulation No. 48 Part 5 and 6.

I think the design of the brake lights looks very cool, especially when used in combination with the fog lights when the break lights on the side of the fog light give automatically the 10 cm space to the fog lights (above mentiond regulation 48 at 6.11.9).
This design honors all European safety regulations, AND looks fantastic (imo).

Last edited by 996TTer; 03-20-2011 at 08:50 AM.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:54 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 996TTer
The lights are not cheap products like other aftermarket lights, they are as I said before from Europe and approved for the European market (TuV and E approved), so they have to follow some guidelines.
If someone is interested here are these guidelines
http://www.unece.org/trans/main/wp29...egs/r48r6e.pdf ( this is the English version).

The here relevant part is under E/ECE/324 E/ECE/TRANS/505 Regulation No. 48 Part 5 and 6.

I think the design of the brake lights looks very cool, especially when used in combination with the fog lights when the break lights on the side of the fog light give automatically the 10 cm space to the fog lights (above mentiond regulation 48 at 6.11.9).
This design honors all European safety regulations, AND looks fantastic (imo).
"From" Europe but made in Taiwan just as are the other aftermarket ones.

Old 03-20-2011, 10:04 AM
996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
"From" Europe but made in Taiwan just as are the other aftermarket ones.
May be, and what is your point? Most of the electronic parts are produced in Asia ,Apple computers for example, and nearly every electronic part on Your Porsche , Mercedes, Audi, BMW ( BOSCH ) etc.

Old 03-20-2011, 10:07 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
May be, and what is your point? Most of the electronic parts are produced in Asia ,Apple computers for example, and nearly every electronic part on Your Porsche , Mercedes, Audi, BMW ( BOSCH ) etc.
Thank you - you made my point. Just because they are distributed from Europe doesn't imply a different level of quality.

Old 03-20-2011, 10:29 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
So happy I got mine from Rottec

Old 03-20-2011, 11:10 AM
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
Thank you - you made my point. Just because they are distributed from Europe doesn't imply a different level of quality.
That is totally true! But when you see these lights, you will see that they are quality. There is no mis alignment of the LED's, no error codes, no water finding his way inside, the fog lights working as they should (from factory). And one thing is true also, cheap produced products will never get TUV approved (these LED tail lights are...) ....

Old 03-20-2011, 12:32 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
...no water finding his way inside...
There were some early reports about the Dectane lights and water here (I'm assuming these are by Dectane?)

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=59362&postdays=0&postorder=asc&sta rt=0

Last edited by bbywu; 03-20-2011 at 01:00 PM.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:19 PM
cmachado is infamous around these parts
Ray I set you an email
I finally got around to installing LED tail lights
connection was not an issue BUT the outer upper corner of each light has been chopped off
leaving a narrow gap at the tight angle corner of these lights
I have pics but dont know how to up load them so shoot me a email and I will attach them/Users/Christian/Desktop/photo.JPG/Users/Christian/Desktop/photo.JPG

Old 03-20-2011, 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by cmachado
Ray I set you an email
I finally got around to installing LED tail lights
connection was not an issue BUT the outer upper corner of each light has been chopped off
leaving a narrow gap at the tight angle corner of these lights
I have pics but dont know how to up load them so shoot me a email and I will attach them/Users/Christian/Desktop/photo.JPG/Users/Christian/Desktop/photo.JPG
cmachado,

Sorry, you posted in the wrong threat. This threat is about the LED tail lights from carlightpro.com not the ones Rottec is selling. Ray's Lights are discussed at:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...re-thread.html

Old 03-21-2011, 03:57 PM
Ray33 has a spectacular aura aboutRay33 has a spectacular aura about
If someone didn't like the brake lights, I am sure it's no big deal to re-wire the lights. Looking at the picture showing the back of the lights there are 3 White clips with a few wires going in to each, surely wouldn't take much to figure out how to get all the red section to light up under braking (even if it meant losing the fog option).

Just an idea.

if any auto electricians reading this would be interested to hear your thoughts

Old 03-25-2011, 02:53 PM
sideWays_swe is a jewel in the roughsideWays_swe is a jewel in the roughsideWays_swe is a jewel in the rough
These looks so much better compared to rottec. Rottec light looks like a christmas tree if you ask me. looks cheap. These look like OEM

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997.1 LED taillights no need for red bulb!