997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997.1 LED taillights no need for red bulb!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 03:58 PM
AlexPod is infamous around these partsAlexPod is infamous around these parts
Has anyone else ordered from Car Light Pro dot com?

I have tried today but they are asking for my credit card number as well as a scan of my credit card and ID. They refuse to accept bank wire or PayPal.

Not sure how I feel about giving up my information to a complete unknown party...

Anyone have input?

Old 04-13-2011, 05:07 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
scan of credit card????? ridiculous! run away

Old 04-13-2011, 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by gmoney
Yeah, I dunno - this just seems very ridiculous to purchase something.

Old 04-13-2011, 07:23 PM
rare is infamous around these parts
It's normal.

I live in Phuket and i get asked for this when purchasing from the USA or Europe a majority of the time.
A copy of front and back of the card is fine but the pin number is the one not to give out.
A credit card company knows if the card was swiped or card numbers entered manually.

Awe tuning wouldn't even accept a credit card for a overseas purchase and wanted a time wasting wire transfer.

Old 04-13-2011, 07:25 PM
Originally Posted by rare
Awe tuning wouldn't even accept a credit card for a overseas purchase and wanted a time wasting wire transfer.
It just seems to make more sense to do PayPal at the very least.

I spoke to the owner via the phone shortly ago and he is doing it simply for his protection, which I can understand.

Still, although, a wire transfer would be the best option IMO.

Old 04-13-2011, 08:36 PM
rare is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by AlexPod

Still, although, a wire transfer would be the best option IMO.
Why? It's better protected using a card or paypal, for both parties.
Banks don't go chasing your money down once you transfer it to someone, you're on your own.

I've been scammed buying stuff off forums and online stores but never when using paypal or credit card, only when i wired the money.

Old 04-14-2011, 06:13 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
So before Dectane decided they didn't want to (or were prohibited from) sell/distribute in the US, Dectane was willing to sell me the same product and ship for $665 - actually invoiced me and charged my credit card for that amount (since refunded). Now we have a US distributor that wants to charge $898 (w/ shipping) - gotta love free enterprise!

Old 04-17-2011, 08:27 AM
996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute
I don't know what you call "ridiculous". When I ordered my Techart DLR's from CEC I had to to do exactly the same. Same so with FVD ..... Are you afraid that they are competition to the much overpriced Hoen lights, that you always promote?

Old 04-17-2011, 08:35 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 996TTer
I don't know what you call "ridiculous". When I ordered my Techart DLR's from CEC I had to to do exactly the same. Same so with FVD ..... Are you afraid that they are competition to the much overpriced Hoen lights, that you always promote?
Not sure why vendors are asking you for that - I've also purchased from FVD, Suncoast, Europipe, GMG, Vivid and many others and none have ever asked for that.

Old 04-24-2011, 10:38 PM
raddray is infamous around these partsraddray is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
So before Dectane decided they didn't want to (or were prohibited from) sell/distribute in the US, Dectane was willing to sell me the same product and ship for $665 - actually invoiced me and charged my credit card for that amount (since refunded). Now we have a US distributor that wants to charge $898 (w/ shipping) - gotta love free enterprise!
Starting to see a lot of web sites in Europe selling these for 400-500 Euros, not just the dectane website. Funny that they're more expensive here than in Europe. It's usually the other way around.

Old 04-24-2011, 10:49 PM
raddray is infamous around these partsraddray is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by AlexPod
Has anyone else ordered from Car Light Pro dot com?

I have tried today but they are asking for my credit card number as well as a scan of my credit card and ID. They refuse to accept bank wire or PayPal.

Not sure how I feel about giving up my information to a complete unknown party...

Anyone have input?
It's 2011, You'd think they would be able to setup a website that can accept online payments. The profit on one set is probably enough money to set one up.