997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Datalog reading help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 01:54 PM
earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AlexM
What would safe lambda values be at idle and under load?
1 for idle (stoich). For load, generally speaking, somewhere in the 0.78-0.83 range.

Old 03-23-2011, 04:46 AM
RUF QTR is just really niceRUF QTR is just really niceRUF QTR is just really niceRUF QTR is just really nice
Originally Posted by mathys
Not impressive aftersale service imho, did you show them the datalog?
I sent the the Datalogs and no reply yet!!

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
Yes, way lean, there is something up with that tune. maybe only just now showing itself?
I have seen something similar when the plugs are fouled.
This is whats making confused , i have been using it for over a year ont he track 25 lap sessions! and the road with a lot of hard driving and the problem didnt happen before , it was running 100% strong in all conditions!! I will change my plugs/coils and check FPR and fuel pump/ and replace the MAF/O2 sensors along with the solenoid valve.

Originally Posted by TTdude
I have to agree with others. It's a tune issue. You're running way too lean. At 3780, high load, you're running 0.91 lambda (scary). Then from 3790-3931 your ECU is dumping more fuel and lambda drops to 0.82. Your timing goes from 9 down to 5.25. You got some knock issues. Better get that fixed before you do any more hard runs.
I remember someone who has an RS tuning car that says the car has an overboost in low rpms in gear acceleration until full boost is reached? this probably might be the issue on 3rd gear ?? could it be that the fuel pressure or whatever caused it takes sometime to make the lambada react? Then the AFrs are settiling down and looking safer in 4th gear since it was gear to gear acceleration and not low in gear acceleration which enables the car to overboost?

I will try to do a run from 1st or 2nd gear - 4th gear high rpm , and see what happens.

Last edited by RUF QTR; 03-23-2011 at 04:49 AM.
Old 03-23-2011, 05:13 AM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
check your email.

Old 03-23-2011, 09:50 AM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RUF QTR
I sent the the Datalogs and no reply yet!!

This is whats making confused , i have been using it for over a year ont he track 25 lap sessions! and the road with a lot of hard driving and the problem didnt happen before , it was running 100% strong in all conditions!! I will change my plugs/coils and check FPR and fuel pump/ and replace the MAF/O2 sensors along with the solenoid valve.

I remember someone who has an RS tuning car that says the car has an overboost in low rpms in gear acceleration until full boost is reached? this probably might be the issue on 3rd gear ?? could it be that the fuel pressure or whatever caused it takes sometime to make the lambada react? Then the AFrs are settiling down and looking safer in 4th gear since it was gear to gear acceleration and not low in gear acceleration which enables the car to overboost?

I will try to do a run from 1st or 2nd gear - 4th gear high rpm , and see what happens.
It may be just a fuel filter. Otherwise why don't you just contact someone like Todd K at Proto. It may be cheaper in the long run and at least you will have a tuner that will respond to you for future needs. The way I see your datalog is that your tune it is running way too lean. As you approach high load your lambdas should be dropping. In your case you are constantly running >.9 all the way through. Your engine is not happy, running hot, causing it to knock, and then the panic button is pushed where the ECU is dumping fuel and reduces timing to compensate. Your tuner should be able to tell you what is programmed so at least you can see if you are hitting those programmed parameters in your datalog. If you're not, then it's likely a mechanical issue but without knowing how your tune is programmed, it's anyone's guess.

Old 03-23-2011, 10:21 AM
RUF QTR is just really niceRUF QTR is just really niceRUF QTR is just really niceRUF QTR is just really nice
Originally Posted by TTdude
It may be just a fuel filter. Otherwise why don't you just contact someone like Todd K at Proto. It may be cheaper in the long run and at least you will have a tuner that will respond to you for future needs. The way I see your datalog is that your tune it is running way too lean. As you approach high load your lambdas should be dropping. In your case you are constantly running >.9 all the way through. Your engine is not happy, running hot, causing it to knock, and then the panic button is pushed where the ECU is dumping fuel and reduces timing to compensate. Your tuner should be able to tell you what is programmed so at least you can see if you are hitting those programmed parameters in your datalog. If you're not, then it's likely a mechanical issue but without knowing how your tune is programmed, it's anyone's guess.
Todd K didnt heasitate to help me out , he was very helpfull and gave me some of his time even though i never bought anything from him before, he definatly won a future customer.

Lets see how it goes these few days after i check and change some parts. I will do a few more before and after datalogs to see how the car reacts from 2nd-5th redline gear to gear acceleration..

Old 03-23-2011, 10:22 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by cayenne_ksa
check your email.
Email well received

Old 03-23-2011, 10:50 AM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RUF QTR
Email well received

I'll be working on 997TT in qatar this friday so if you want to have some work done to your car let me know.

wish you best of luck

Old 03-23-2011, 12:08 PM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
I have seen something similar when the plugs are fouled.
chris may have a point here
check ur plugs!

Old 05-21-2011, 08:15 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Any updates?

Old 05-22-2011, 12:19 AM
Turned out to be a bad tank of fuel as RS tuning and other people sugested..
the problem is gone for 2 months now..