997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Tecnocraft seats on 997 TT, GT2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 01:45 PM
Smind has much to be proud ofSmind has much to be proud ofSmind has much to be proud ofSmind has much to be proud ofSmind has much to be proud ofSmind has much to be proud ofSmind has much to be proud ofSmind has much to be proud ofSmind has much to be proud ofSmind has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jiaim
tecnocraft ARE tilett seats
Close: They were. Tecnocraft bought Tillett B1s with their logos embroidered in the headrest. They then copied the design and started selling their own as the Tecnocraft 'T2'. The seats employ different manufacturing processes. Tillett has been making composite seats since '78. They've got the process nailed down and are the OE suppliers of all of Caterham's composites. Their kart seats are the gold standard in the industry.

The originals are lighter than the knock-offs. The upholstered B1 weighs 9.8 pounds:

Last edited by Smind; 04-09-2011 at 01:47 PM.
Old 04-10-2011, 04:27 AM
jiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to all
You forgot to mention Technocraft charges 1.5x more than Tillett for lesser quality knock off....

Old 04-10-2011, 05:05 AM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
very informative thanks for sharing !

Old 04-10-2011, 08:15 AM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by alan6888hk
pm price of a set plz!
Name:  money pile.jpg
Views: 724
Size:  60.6 KB

Old 04-20-2011, 07:11 PM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
Home
Inquiries »Products »News

A Few Images from Tecnocraft and Password:JDM
Posted by admin on Mar 15, 2011 in Tillett Seats | 0 comments
Home > Tillett Seats > A Few Images from Tecnocraft and Password:JDM
In 2009, Tecnocraft/Password:JDM became a distributor of Tillett seats. Since then they’ve put B1 seats into some very nice cars. Here is a sampling:

Please note that the Tecnocraft T2 is not a product of Tillett Racing seats. Tillett Racing Seats does not guarantee its construction methods or suitability, nor do we warranty the T2. For any and all warranty claims, please contact Tecnocraft/Password:JDM directly.

Old 04-21-2011, 12:48 PM
Former Vendor
Tal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond repute
All PMs are answered on this. I still need a 997 for couple of days in order to design some brackets for these seats. That being said, any descent shop can fab you one.

Old 06-28-2011, 03:11 PM
vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !
Did anyone ever put these in a 997 or maybe a 996

Old 06-28-2011, 03:56 PM
Smind has much to be proud ofSmind has much to be proud ofSmind has much to be proud ofSmind has much to be proud ofSmind has much to be proud ofSmind has much to be proud ofSmind has much to be proud ofSmind has much to be proud ofSmind has much to be proud ofSmind has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by vr4henry
Did anyone ever put these in a 997 or maybe a 996
I don't know about the knock-offs, but the Tilletts have been installed into a 996:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-grey-red.html

Old 06-28-2011, 04:00 PM
Former Vendor
ModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant future
I've sat in these before and I can confirm that they are very comfy!! They look amazing as well
The seats conform amazingly well to your body despite the thin padding.
I'm 5'11 160 lbs btw.

Old 06-28-2011, 08:07 PM
vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Smindustries
I don't know about the knock-offs, but the Tilletts have been installed into a 996:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-grey-red.html
That is awesome! Thank you very much, I was searching for Tillett with a different spelling and didn't see this post.

Regarding 'knock-off's though, the Technocrafts aren't made in China or anything like that and have an XL version for fatties like me.

Is there something else to know about the T2s vs the B1s? I realize that neither are FIA approved (I saw the B6-F had been), and while Tillett is for sure the original manufacturer I don't know what else to do if they don't have a larger version. I can't find any records of people complaining about the Tecnocraft quality or finish. Do you know of any? I'd definitely like to know all I can before I place an order.

Thanks!
Henry

Last edited by vr4henry; 06-28-2011 at 08:49 PM.
Old 06-21-2016, 01:54 AM
challenger-srt is infamous around these parts
I need these seats for my 997 gt2.. Who has them in stock ?

Old 06-21-2016, 09:36 AM
TAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gmoney
wow, that looks about as comfortable as an IRS in person audit.