997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

I'm pissed and unequivocally refuse to pay the domestic mark-up on Dectane LEDs.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 02:46 PM
ThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to all
Originally Posted by thuggy
I'm loving my marginal light set up.
LOL! I was thinking the same thing!!

Old 03-27-2011, 03:01 PM
gstoval is infamous around these parts
I've been considering this for some time, would be interested to hear more about the possible issues.

Old 03-27-2011, 04:03 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gstoval
I've been considering this for some time, would be interested to hear more about the possible issues.
Issues about what?

Old 03-27-2011, 04:08 PM
faiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nice
Most of the Uk forum is from pff.de. U can google translate it. This next batch is from a different supplier as far as I know. Hence the delay in shipping.

Old 04-06-2011, 04:51 PM
SVTHorsnake is infamous around these partsSVTHorsnake is infamous around these parts
It's official: Dectane refunded my money today and US suppliers are popping up at a 40% mark-up. for the 4 who were initially interested in getting it shipped through my relative in Europe, message me by this Friday and I'll have details to you Saturday. Thanks.

Old 04-07-2011, 08:07 AM
simbame is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by SVTHorsnake
Let's call it ending with simbame. I'm talking with my cousin Tuesday and will PM you all then.

You buy the lights from Dectane, have them sent to his place, he'll ship them (with or without insurance, your choice) email you a picture of the shipped reciept, then you paypal him the shipping costs and please kindly remember to figure in the 3% he has to eat.

I'll be in touch soon. Please let me know if the mean time if you don't want to do it, so I can get others in. Thanks.
Hi SVT,

I have tried to PM you but I do not have enough posts to PM. Could you please PM me the information.

Old 04-07-2011, 05:45 PM
raddray is infamous around these partsraddray is infamous around these parts
The mark-up is ridiculous... Knowing that you can get them for about $650 shipped from Europe is going to stop people from buying them for $850 + shipping in the US.

Old 04-07-2011, 06:01 PM
White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !
+1 interested too

Old 04-07-2011, 06:44 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by raddray
The mark-up is ridiculous... Knowing that you can get them for about $650 shipped from Europe is going to stop people from buying them for $850 + shipping in the US.
If you've been following the posts the German distributor will not ship to the US so OP is looking for an alternate solution.

Old 04-07-2011, 10:54 PM
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
If you've been following the posts the German distributor will not ship to the US so OP is looking for an alternate solution.

I believe I was one of the first to let people know that dectane canceled my order and refunded my money because they wouldn't ship to America. What I was trying to say is that I will unlikely buy it from a USA distributor for $850 + shipping knowing that they only cost 450 euros in Europe.

Old 04-07-2011, 11:25 PM
zuff is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by raddray
I believe I was one of the first to let people know that dectane canceled my order and refunded my money because they wouldn't ship to America. What I was trying to say is that I will unlikely buy it from a USA distributor for $850 + shipping knowing that they only cost 450 euros in Europe.
That sounds reasonable to me when you think that 1 Euro = $1.43 US ergo
450 x1.43= $643.50 US + shipping to the US + import taxes and duties. You would be right if $ and Euro would be 1 to 1 like it was in 2002.
just my 2 c

Last edited by zuff; 04-07-2011 at 11:29 PM.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:07 AM
Originally Posted by zuff
That sounds reasonable to me when you think that 1 Euro = $1.43 US ergo
450 x1.43= $643.50 US + shipping to the US + import taxes and duties. You would be right if $ and Euro would be 1 to 1 like it was in 2002.
just my 2 c
$665.83 refunded to me by Dectane (shipped price) so add in maybe $25 for customs, you're looking at a little less than $700 v. $850 from a US distributor - nice mark-up.

Old 04-08-2011, 08:01 AM
zuff is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
$665.83 refunded to me by Dectane (shipped price) so add in maybe $25 for customs, you're looking at a little less than $700 v. $850 from a US distributor - nice mark-up.
What you paid was for shipping inside Europe, just think why they did refund it. Because they do not want to do business? No, because they can not ship for that price. I am in the In/Export business, there is no way to ship something like that from Europe to US under 65 Euro (what would equal $93 US). After all I would be astonished if he would make more than $60 on a sold light.

Old 04-08-2011, 09:00 AM
What you paid was for shipping inside Europe, just think why they did refund it. Because they do not want to do business? No, because they can not ship for that price. I am in the In/Export business, there is no way to ship something like that from Europe to US under 65 Euro (what would equal $93 US). After all I would be astonished if he would make more than $60 on a sold light.
When they took the order and charged my cc they knew that the ship to address was in the US. If they wanted to add a freight charge after the fact, I would have been OK with that. The mark-up I was referring to was what the US distributors are looking for, not Dectane.

Old 04-09-2011, 10:00 PM

Nope.. Shipping charge was to the US.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I'm pissed and unequivocally refuse to pay the domestic mark-up on Dectane LEDs.