997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

I'm pissed and unequivocally refuse to pay the domestic mark-up on Dectane LEDs.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 07:27 PM
SVTHorsnake is infamous around these partsSVTHorsnake is infamous around these parts
I'm pissed and unequivocally refuse to pay the domestic mark-up on Dectane LEDs.

RE: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...97-1-leds.html

But I have a solution.

Once I get my refund, I'm going to purchase them again and have them sent to my cousin in Europe. He'll send them to me when he gets them.

Y'all PM me if you want to do the same. I'll send you his address to have them shipped to when you make the purchase and just paypal him some dough for shipping. Neither of us are making any kind of mark-up so he'll only do this as a gratuitous favor for a FEW of us.

I just didn't feel like getting taken by a domestic vendor at the prices these foolz be slang'n.

Old 03-25-2011, 08:21 PM
jmw911 is a name known to alljmw911 is a name known to alljmw911 is a name known to alljmw911 is a name known to alljmw911 is a name known to alljmw911 is a name known to all
whats the mark up?

Old 03-25-2011, 08:46 PM
tonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud of
you know there is freight forward company's...you buy it have it shipped there and they forward back to the states..

i have customers I ship stuff to Doral Florida and it gets forwarded all over the world.

Old 03-25-2011, 11:44 PM
SVTHorsnake is infamous around these partsSVTHorsnake is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by tonka858
you know there is freight forward company's...you buy it have it shipped there and they forward back to the states..

i have customers I ship stuff to Doral Florida and it gets forwarded all over the world.
I do know that, but Dectane won't (I'm guessing) ship to them because it doesn't want US buyers by-passing its state-side distributor.

I'm not twisting anyone's arm here, just thought I'd offer to help out.

Last edited by SVTHorsnake; 03-25-2011 at 11:46 PM.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:51 PM
Originally Posted by jmw911
whats the mark up?
I don't know yet, because the other company that posted here has starting selling. An educated guess tells me a lot. ROTtec can sell a marginal (in my view) product for more than the Dectane one, the state-side Dectane distributor knows his product is better and that he's the only avenue. You do the figurative math.

Last edited by SVTHorsnake; 03-25-2011 at 11:53 PM.
Old 03-26-2011, 12:07 AM
tonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud of
just find a dealer in the UK with a reasonable price and use them.

Old 03-26-2011, 08:47 AM
thuggy has a spectacular aura aboutthuggy has a spectacular aura about
I'm loving my marginal light set up.

Old 03-26-2011, 12:08 PM
faiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nice
Pm me. I'm interested. Btw how much is the us distributor charging for the dectane units?

Old 03-26-2011, 12:52 PM
JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by faiz
Pm me. I'm interested. Btw how much is the us distributor charging for the dectane units?
+1. I'd like to jump in with this opportunity as well... Thanks.

Old 03-26-2011, 05:28 PM
halley is a splendid one to beholdhalley is a splendid one to beholdhalley is a splendid one to beholdhalley is a splendid one to beholdhalley is a splendid one to beholdhalley is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by JmanE55
+1. I'd like to jump in with this opportunity as well... Thanks.
I am interested as well, pls pm me.THX

Old 03-26-2011, 07:32 PM
nobody has started selling the units yet, so I'm speculating.

A few more if you're interested, then we'll call it quits. Let's cap it at 5. Thans all...

Old 03-26-2011, 09:30 PM
simbame is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by SVTHorsnake
nobody has started selling the units yet, so I'm speculating.

A few more if you're interested, then we'll call it quits. Let's cap it at 5. Thans all...
Me to please -- I would really appreciate a PM

Old 03-27-2011, 12:38 PM
Let's call it ending with simbame. I'm talking with my cousin Tuesday and will PM you all then.

You buy the lights from Dectane, have them sent to his place, he'll ship them (with or without insurance, your choice) email you a picture of the shipped reciept, then you paypal him the shipping costs and please kindly remember to figure in the 3% he has to eat.

I'll be in touch soon. Please let me know if the mean time if you don't want to do it, so I can get others in. Thanks.

Old 03-27-2011, 12:49 PM
faiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nice
I think this is a good idea but I would highly encourage everyone to wait. Dectane has a new supplier that apparently has fixed the bulb out issue and issues with condensation. Until the first units are out, I would wait and see how the first batch from this new supplier turns out before jumping on board. Here's hoping they improve the brake light pattern.

Old 03-27-2011, 02:43 PM
I think this is a good idea but I would highly encourage everyone to wait. Dectane has a new supplier that apparently has fixed the bulb out issue and issues with condensation. Until the first units are out, I would wait and see how the first batch from this new supplier turns out before jumping on board. Here's hoping they improve the brake light pattern.
If you have any particular source saying this, please post ASAP. Dectane warrants there is no code problem and I haven't seen any reports of condensation on any UK forums. The link above references two forums, both of which maintain these claims.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I'm pissed and unequivocally refuse to pay the domestic mark-up on Dectane LEDs.