997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Another Speed Record Set.... 234.6 MPH in the Standing Mile

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 10:09 AM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
I cant understand all the BS.... Evoms go's out twice a year runs their cars puts up numbers, Data logs their runs & learn from them. The numbers are just pudding on the cake . Why so many haters??? Take your cars out, go run the FXXing Mile. I sure hope the next mile some of these posers show up!! At that point all the data can be extracted from the P-boxes, 60-130, 100-150,etc. The same day, conditions & have several attempts to adjust there cars... As for the 60-130 numbers I did a 485 @ the mile 2 shifts...just going threw the gears. This by the way, is the real judge on how fast a car is IMHO...no boosting just run your car. No secret tracks, no BS..Some cars may be faster 60-130 some might have better top end. Everybody will get a shot to prove what ever pleases them in front of Everybody...

Old 03-30-2011, 10:12 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Congrats on the VERY impressive time! That car is going to fkn fly when it's all said and done!

I cannot wait until the Mile events become a billion dollar industry like drag racing because I have a few friends that have held the records plenty of times but don't have anything but bragging rights right now!

Old 03-30-2011, 10:27 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by joetwint
I hear ya Scott except i can tell you first hand that they dont care about that record.I do know that they have the power in the car to shatter it ...no doubt.

Joe, I have no doubt the car is making a ton of power. It's a beast.

But on that note, I'll tell you that none of the other big-power Porsche tuners that I'm thinking of care about the TX Mile record.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 03-30-2011 at 10:29 AM.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:43 AM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme

But on that note, I'll tell you that none of the other big-power Porsche tuners that I'm thinking of care about the TX Mile record.
Well that's a shame because there are many things that can be learned from running a car all out through all six gears under real conditions (90+degrees)with real load(not a dyno) that can benefit a tuners other packages.I understand that going to the mile is a big undertaking for some tuners and not as easy to go out and hit the local freeway and bang off a couple of 60-130's.I will say tho that certain things show their ugly head out at the mile that would never show up doing a few highway pulls

Old 03-30-2011, 10:45 AM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme

Thats too bad Scott. It would be nice to see some of these tuners out at this event. Maybe we need to head to Europe for some competition

F: 480.317.9901
E: info@evoms.com
Home of the Worlds Fastest 997TT Porsche(s)
997TT Standing Mile = 234.6 MPH
997TT Standing 1/2 Mile = 217.09 MPH
Fastest 1/4 Mile = 9.29 @ 172.7 MPH
60-130 MPH Time = 3.28 Seconds
Old 03-30-2011, 10:50 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by joetwint
Well that's a shame because there are many things that can be learned from running a car all out through all six gears under real conditions (90+degrees)with real load(not a dyno) that can benefit a tuners other packages.I understand that going to the mile is a big undertaking for some tuners and not as easy to go out and hit the local freeway and bang off a couple of 60-130's.I will say tho that certain things show their ugly head out at the mile that would never show up doing a few highway pulls
Agree, agree, agree.

Old 03-30-2011, 10:53 AM
Originally Posted by Evolution MotorSports
Thats too bad Scott. It would be nice to see some of these tuners out at this event. Maybe we need to head to Europe for some competition
And......agree.

Old 03-30-2011, 10:56 AM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Evolution MotorSports
That would be a complete waste of time Todd. There is no competition in Europe. Great job this past weekend guys, remarkable achievement.

Old 03-30-2011, 11:07 AM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BlackHorseTurbo
That would be a complete waste of time Todd. There is no competition in Europe. Great job this past weekend guys, remarkable achievement.
Thank you Todd! Appreciate that

F: 480.317.9901
E: info@evoms.com
Home of the Worlds Fastest 997TT Porsche(s)
997TT Standing Mile = 234.6 MPH
997TT Standing 1/2 Mile = 217.09 MPH
Fastest 1/4 Mile = 9.29 @ 172.7 MPH
60-130 MPH Time = 3.28 Seconds
Old 03-30-2011, 11:08 AM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
Great job guys! Glad everyone came back safe.

Old 03-30-2011, 11:16 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Life is tough at the top when you keep breaking records eh? I'm sure 99.9% of the community it happy to see you fly the flag for the brand and 997TT platform so none of us have to spend the $$$, time, effort it takes to make a car go 236mph let alone in only a mile. Good job fellas and it doesn't matter until there's a another car that touches that it's all just keyboard racing. Speaking of which I had bad indian yesterday and I'm going to run from 0-24mph in under 3 seconds to the nearest toilet and with only one power-shift...

Old 03-30-2011, 11:35 AM
shonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to behold
super result!
to me the texas mile along with 1/4 mile and nurburg ring times are the most meaningful
metrics of true performance. thanks for the tremendous and expensive effort.

Old 03-30-2011, 12:43 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sharkster
Speaking of which I had bad indian yesterday and I'm going to run from 0-24mph in under 3 seconds to the nearest toilet and with only one power-shift...

Old 03-30-2011, 07:46 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Great job guys! Nice to see you keeping up with the high standards you've set for youselves (and everyone else). Keep up the good work!

Old 03-30-2011, 07:51 PM
Glock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to behold
Congrats guys. BTW, love you ECM tune.

-Troy

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Another Speed Record Set.... 234.6 MPH in the Standing Mile