997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Another Speed Record Set.... 234.6 MPH in the Standing Mile

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 08:29 PM
slawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BlackHorseTurbo
That would be a complete waste of time Todd. There is no competition in Europe. Great job this past weekend guys, remarkable achievement.
I totally agree there isn't anything that you need to prove over there
you guys just done legit 234,6 mph .let now everyone else top that speed.talk is cheep.
Congratulations Todd

Last edited by slawek; 03-30-2011 at 08:32 PM.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:38 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Well done EVOMS. You have a lot of R&D invested in this car and it shows. Looking forward to seeing you crack the 240 barrier - and having Porsche join the Supra, Gallardo, FGT, Camaro ranks!

Originally Posted by shonuf
super result!
to me the texas mile along with 1/4 mile and nurburg ring times are the most meaningful
metrics of true performance. thanks for the tremendous and expensive effort.
I disagree on all three 'metrics'.

The Mile is of course about HP...but just as importantly, it's also about safety, aero, gearing, etc. Other than being a very good test of engine durability/parts, little R&D is transferable/usable to the typical 6speed enthusiast.

1/4 mile is all about the 60 and who can flat foot shift. Again few drivers can replicate a 'shop' car ET/trap that many times is accomplished by abusing a car beyond what a paying customer would ever be comfortable doing.

And the Ring is as meaningless to 99% of all drivers as it gets. It's only good for bragging rights for 'Cars & Coffee' participants....

Although I hate to admit it....most highway racing mimics 60-130 performance - accomplished by average drivers needing little skill. Very few folks on here routinely run their cars above 150...so IMO its the 2nd/3rd/4th gear performance that most 'straight line' drivers care about.

Old 03-31-2011, 08:11 PM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
Deep Thoughts... and sounds

While you all are pondering the specifications of the planet I saw this clip and decided you all need to hear this...

Besides the f'n TransAm that appears to need an Air Conditioning belt you have to hear the EVT1500 MAYHEM launch and run from OUTSIDE the car!

This is what your dog hears at 200+ MPH!!! I'm not sure if their tongue could stay in their head.

YouTube - The EVOMS EVT1500 Porsche 997TT hits warp speed at Texas Mile, March 2011

And, finally I found that picture of the Cliff Notes on the steering wheel...

"Pick up Milk, eggs and some Mobil 1 on the way home"

Cheers all,

Parvin

F: 480.317.9901
E: info@evoms.com
Home of the Worlds Fastest 997TT Porsche(s)
997TT Standing Mile = 234.6 MPH
997TT Standing 1/2 Mile = 217.09 MPH
Fastest 1/4 Mile = 9.29 @ 172.7 MPH
60-130 MPH Time = 3.28 Seconds
Old 04-01-2011, 05:59 AM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Evolution MotorSports
While you all are pondering the specifications of the planet I saw this clip and decided you all need to hear this...

Besides the f'n TransAm that appears to need an Air Conditioning belt you have to hear the EVT1500 MAYHEM launch and run from OUTSIDE the car!

This is what your dog hears at 200+ MPH!!! I'm not sure if their tongue could stay in their head.

YouTube - The EVOMS EVT1500 Porsche 997TT hits warp speed at Texas Mile, March 2011

And, finally I found that picture of the Cliff Notes on the steering wheel...

"Pick up Milk, eggs and some Mobil 1 on the way home"

Cheers all,

Parvin
Ha Ha, Nice video Parvin!One cool thing about the EVT 1500 is the effin motor revs like a Super bike!Sounds so sweet!

Old 04-01-2011, 01:14 PM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
I guess the duct tape used on the space shuttle held up on that camera...LOL The car sounds Bad ***..

Old 04-01-2011, 04:37 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
That car sounds awesome, guys. Very aggressive!

Old 04-01-2011, 05:29 PM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
New Licenses

For Mike Paridis, our European Partner, a special license that comes with special privileges.

For Zuccone, still wanted in 6 of 8 southern states.

And Mike's real deal. We are lucky to have a partner with no kids or wife. It was a great tip Mike, see you in a few months!

Old 04-01-2011, 05:56 PM
FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !
It's official, that 997 turbo is fuhast!

Old 04-01-2011, 08:11 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Not to go too OT but could you say a few words about Boillot's GT2? Mods, results ect?

Old 04-01-2011, 09:44 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
"American attitude"

Old 04-01-2011, 11:54 PM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Greeks are everywhere

Old 04-02-2011, 01:21 AM
Basic Sponsor
GT775 on Boillot

Originally Posted by MBailey
Not to go too OT but could you say a few words about Boillot's GT2? Mods, results ect?
Hey Mr. Bailey,

Parvin here... I'm just editing some footage for Chris right now... he told me his best was 191MPH... he was running on Saturday when the heat was horrible. I'm not sure how much he ran on Sunday. Friday I think he only did a warm up run.

I know that RodZ was working with Chris for new clutch package and some upgrades to the GT775 Performance System. I'll text RodZ and Chris to get on and add to the thread. I'll post his runs on vid when they're done of course.

- - - a few hours later - - -

Here is Chris' best run...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVEMYUXBW_M

Last edited by Evolution MotorSports; 04-02-2011 at 04:17 AM. Reason: adding video link
Old 04-02-2011, 09:50 AM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Evolution MotorSports
Hey Mr. Bailey,

Parvin here... I'm just editing some footage for Chris right now... he told me his best was 191MPH... he was running on Saturday when the heat was horrible. I'm not sure how much he ran on Sunday. Friday I think he only did a warm up run.

I know that RodZ was working with Chris for new clutch package and some upgrades to the GT775 Performance System. I'll text RodZ and Chris to get on and add to the thread. I'll post his runs on vid when they're done of course.
Thanks Parvin!
I appreciate you posting the run. Todd told me his car is setup very similar to mine. I was wondering what differeneces there were if any. Thanks for looking into his mods for me!
Mike

Old 04-02-2011, 03:22 PM
Basic Sponsor
More MAYHEM

A Corvette shooter was nice enough to put up this edit.

I feel bad for all those Corvette clips and American Muscle clips that I just delete...
Parvin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDWg3s3cNJo

Last edited by Evolution MotorSports; 04-02-2011 at 03:24 PM. Reason: typo
Old 04-02-2011, 09:47 PM
TAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond repute
congrats guys...I think I may take my car there next year to see how she does....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Another Speed Record Set.... 234.6 MPH in the Standing Mile