997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Speed Bumps, driveway and...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 01:14 PM
JSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by thuggy
I beat the crap out of my original OEM one, just became a fact of life... but I'm a glutten for punishment, just ordered the gorgeous Techart Lip and getting GT2 sideskirts all painted and installing the nose lift kit... hopefully will become a thing of the past.
Can you send me a link to the lift kit? I have not seen one before and would appreciate the info.

Old 04-02-2011, 06:16 AM
FatArse is infamous around these partsFatArse is infamous around these parts
"no blood. no foul"...if the worst you have to deal with is a lower lip scratch, then that smile should be pretty wide on everyone's face!

Old 04-02-2011, 08:04 AM
thuggy has a spectacular aura aboutthuggy has a spectacular aura about
Couple people have asked in pms so there are two kits I researched that both require coilovers that would be upgrades from stock suspension. One is the cargraphic setup that utilizes the Porsche air compressor. The other is the techart hydraulic system that I went with. It is being installed this week so no reports yet. Both are not cheap in the least with the techart setup being almost double the price with install. But it's quicker and quiet in operation.

Both cec and sharkwerks helped greatly in my research and both sell the techart system and sharkwerks also sells the kw system. I'll report more when I get my car back next week.

Bottom line replacing and repairing lips is way more cost effective. But I wanted a no compromises solution that allowed me to have my cake and eat it too. A lift kit hopefully will provide that.

Old 04-02-2011, 08:52 AM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
Go to the Sharkwerks web site and search for the lift kit.

Old 04-04-2011, 07:23 AM
norbertob is infamous around these parts
Does anyone know if a nose lift can be installed with OE front suspension? Waiting for one of those fancy carbon lips to go with kids to school and no intention to change coilovers...

Old 04-04-2011, 07:32 AM
norbertob is infamous around these parts
Hi Tom, did you get your hydraulic lift from Tech Art? Does it work properly? I have same car as yours, 997 TT 2007, but not sure to go with the Tech Art set...Don´t have any dealers here in Buenos Aires...No guarantees once you bought it....

Old 04-04-2011, 07:33 AM
Originally Posted by norbertob
Does anyone know if a nose lift can be installed with OE front suspension? Waiting for one of those fancy carbon lips to go with kids to school and no intention to change coilovers...
Unfortunately both kits I know of require coilovers.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:02 AM
dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !
is your front lip painted? If so, as per Eric @ bumperplugs wise advice, keep two, one mounted, one spare and painted, swap with oil changes.

Cheaper than coilovers and adjustable suspension. If I recall someone had mentioned that lifting the car ruins the alignment and it takes a bit for it to settle again!

Old 04-05-2011, 09:50 AM
E55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud of
To each their own but you can buy a lot of replacement spoilers for the cost of the lift kit. Also wonder how much weight that kit adds? Even if it's minimal, it just seems like an unnecessary amount of added complexity and cost.

Old 04-05-2011, 10:49 AM
number 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to behold
Just get used to it. Replaced mine twice in first year and have developed a deep respect for bumps and curbs. If I had a painted front lip (they look really awful when cracked or damaged), I'd replace it with unpainted one.

Old 04-05-2011, 12:53 PM
JSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by number 3
Just get used to it. Replaced mine twice in first year and have developed a deep respect for bumps and curbs. If I had a painted front lip (they look really awful when cracked or damaged), I'd replace it with unpainted one.
That was the best suggestion I got from my salesman-no paint on front lip and dont paint optional lower pannels! He was very right. I started looking at 911's and anyone that is painted is all messed up.

Old 04-05-2011, 03:22 PM
Okay, kits on. Works as advertised, no noticeable impact on performance or feel and weight add is negligible as the kit weighs about 14lbs and a smaller battery is required. Yes complexity goes up but convenience is amazing and coolness factor is off the charts.

On my daily commute, there are three places where my car would scrape no matter what angle of approach or speed (one being my own driveway, the second the exit of my gated community and the other being the office). Being in Philadelphia as well where grading is just ridiculous sometimes, half the gas stations have approach angles only a SUV could negotiate it seems.

<OIt is definitely not for everyone, the kit is expensive, install is a bear but as of right now I would do it again (I reserve the right to change my mind if I hit a pot hole in the future and bust a cylinder). It definitely lets me have my cake and eat it too, slammed suspension, painted Techart lip and the ability to go places that previously made me cringe!<O</O

Old 04-06-2011, 12:21 AM
AlexPod is infamous around these partsAlexPod is infamous around these parts
I have a GT3 front kit on my 06 C4S (wrong forum, I know) and I wanted to know where I could replace my plastic lip for cheap. Mine is cracked now and needs to be replaced. Thanks!

Old 04-06-2011, 01:00 AM
ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AlexPod
I have a GT3 front kit on my 06 C4S (wrong forum, I know) and I wanted to know where I could replace my plastic lip for cheap. Mine is cracked now and needs to be replaced. Thanks!
Suncoast Parts may be your best, and cheapest, bet.

Old 04-06-2011, 01:13 AM
Hayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to behold
Always carry a friend that will pop out and run forward to lift the fender!

My girlfriend loves to do that!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Speed Bumps, driveway and...