997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997 GT2 on the news in Finland

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 09:22 AM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
997 GT2 on the news in Finland

http://www.iltalehti.fi/uutiset/2011033013461758_uu.shtml

This story was all over the news here in Finland. Not good publicity for these rare cars. The driver lost control and flipped the car around. Nobody was luckily injured. I prefer 4WD!

Old 04-01-2011, 11:11 PM
ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !
I bet the police won't believe whatever story the guy tells after seeing the racing livery on the car.

Old 04-02-2011, 07:24 AM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
I think the car is in relatively good condition as it rolled over 2 times!!

The way it used to look like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2He43hqoTxE

More pics:

Last edited by kip; 04-02-2011 at 07:42 AM.
Old 04-02-2011, 10:19 AM
512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of
It doesn't look like it flipped, but the spins must have been terryfying enough.

Old 04-02-2011, 11:34 AM
nyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud of
the Martini graphics look pretty cool......

Old 04-02-2011, 01:41 PM
AgentSteel is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 512bb
It doesn't look like it flipped, but the spins must have been terryfying enough.
Kinda looks like the roof is concave no? In any event, he should consider himself very lucky, and they arrest him for driving like an idiot on wet roads. No excuse for doing stupid crap on public roads. Had a ricer 350Z rev his engine next to me on the freeway this morning and it was packed!

Old 04-02-2011, 03:54 PM
996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute
Sad to see that.... good, nobody was hurt.

Old 04-03-2011, 03:01 AM
Serpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant future
look closely at the road surface in the pics...wonder about the velocity before the crash and then wonder about the competence and possible temporary insanity of the driver...

Old 04-03-2011, 03:54 AM
kip
Originally Posted by 512bb
Several witnesses say it flipped twice!

Old 04-03-2011, 04:04 AM
kip
Originally Posted by Serpentene
look closely at the road surface in the pics...wonder about the velocity before the crash and then wonder about the competence and possible temporary insanity of the driver...
This is what people often forget about when comparing northern countries to the rest of the world. This is probably the best road in Finland (straightest, widest, best maintained only a few years old highway). There is no snow on the road as there was still about a week ago.

The same road a few weeks ago (dont know exact date)

The same road a few days ago (dont know exact date)

I know it is hard for you to believe =) This is what my car takes me through in the winter in the capital and biggest city in this country:

This is also why I buy only awd cars anymore! This year I surrendered and bought a winter beater SUV...

Last edited by kip; 04-03-2011 at 04:14 AM.
Old 04-03-2011, 04:46 AM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Good to hear he is okay, but an idiot. Roads were most likely wet and the surface was probably cold.....doesn't take a rocket scientist to know unless you are on a controlled environment, your mitigation of risk gets squashed each millisecond.....and I think this is great publicity for the car....if it so called "flipped" twice and he walked away from that and the car isn't in 100's of pieces, consider yourself in some G@D is my copilot territory.

Old 04-03-2011, 10:09 AM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Sh&t happens. Maybe he learned a lesson--should have gotten an AWD turbo with limited slip differential option.

Old 04-03-2011, 10:19 AM
skeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond repute
So sad...If the rear deck lid and spoiler isn't damaged, I'd buy it!