997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Flappy paddles for gen 1 tiptronic steering wheel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 01:18 PM
NJR911 is infamous around these parts
I ordered from Ric at suncoast the steering wheel in the second post by skeeter. He assures me that they have sold a few of these wheels for the 997.1 with the tiptronic. My turbo has the natural leather/carbon/multi-function wheel but only able to get what was pictured in natural leather. He treated me good and it should maybe be here by the end of the month, then we will schedule the install.

Old 04-11-2011, 03:20 AM
W211 is infamous around these parts
Do they work with multifunction steering wheels?

Old 04-11-2011, 05:36 AM
Tiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by NJR911
I ordered from Ric at suncoast the steering wheel in the second post by skeeter. He assures me that they have sold a few of these wheels for the 997.1 with the tiptronic. My turbo has the natural leather/carbon/multi-function wheel but only able to get what was pictured in natural leather. He treated me good and it should maybe be here by the end of the month, then we will schedule the install.
Good choice. I love that wheel too but i also like the multi-function option, which is a no option for that wheel. Does the LCD of that wheel works like in the 997.2 turbo?

Old 04-21-2011, 07:55 PM
To the Top for Terri!

Old 04-21-2011, 11:34 PM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by suncoastric
It's possible to get any PDK wheel to fit a gen 1 car. If there is a specific steering wheel you want, PM me with the info and I'll see which other items would be needed to complete the conversion.
This is great news, what would a .2 multifunction steering wheel leather black cost me? For my .1 tiptronic

Thx

Old 04-22-2011, 05:14 AM
Hello Milou, I wanted a multi-function wheel to replace my carbon multifunction wheel and it is not available. Looks like they do not offer paddle wheels with multifuction controls, I had to go with the standard wheel with paddles.

Old 04-22-2011, 07:04 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute

Last edited by milou; 04-22-2011 at 07:08 AM. Reason: Posted twice
Old 04-22-2011, 07:06 AM
Originally Posted by NJR911
Hello Milou, I wanted a multi-function wheel to replace my carbon multifunction wheel and it is not available. Looks like they do not offer paddle wheels with multifuction controls, I had to go with the standard wheel with paddles.
Actually is not the paddles that I'm after, I want to change my .1 multifunction wheel with the new one which comes with the round airbag. My current is the triangle airbag. New one is also a little thicker. I have it in my cayenne and love it

Old 08-05-2012, 08:46 PM
bellemastiff is infamous around these parts
I noticed Suncoast doesn't carry this anymore.

Anybody put flappy paddles on a 997TT Tip lately?

I'm thinking about buying a 997TT... I could probably live with the Tip more easily if I didn't have to live with "shift buttons"...

Old 08-05-2012, 11:36 PM
PAULG is just really nicePAULG is just really nicePAULG is just really nicePAULG is just really nicePAULG is just really nice
Originally Posted by bellemastiff
I noticed Suncoast doesn't carry this anymore.

Anybody put flappy paddles on a 997TT Tip lately?

I'm thinking about buying a 997TT... I could probably live with the Tip more easily if I didn't have to live with "shift buttons"...
Go to this thread and you will see that is possible this!

Pdk paddles to tiptronic Turbo

Old 08-06-2012, 11:13 AM
a_wlee is infamous around these parts
Suncoast, still a newbie can you please pm a price for this conversion with options, thanks I have a 08TT

Old 08-29-2012, 02:45 PM
chris-w is infamous around these parts
Im about to buy my first 997 turbo. Ill be picking up a gen 1 and was really not keen on the tip at all untill I started finding these posts..

I turned down a tip car recently as I had cone to the conclusion manual was the only way forward because I hated the tip buttons so much.

If in fact on a gen 1 997 turbo I can convert the tip steering wheel in to a PDK wheel and hook it all up to work Id re-open the idea of having an auto. As far as I understand there isnt any mechanical upgrades taking place and its still the same auto box. There isnt even any electronic speed changes (i.e. the PDK paddles dont send signals faster to the box of anything drastic like that)

but I do need to know if this is really an option and I can look at buying an auto car with this as a serious option on what to do with the tip steering wheel.

Old 08-29-2012, 03:39 PM
Squat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to behold
So you have spent enough time in a tip to know you hate the buttons? If your hands are in the correct position the buttons will be right there. A number of porsche drivers as in factory drivers recommended the Tip even at the track over the manual.
Also you live in the land of speed cameras, when are you running it out to all the gears anyways? Oh never mind get a manual so you can be as slow as the guy in a modified Dodge Neon.

Old 08-29-2012, 03:40 PM
this is the wheel I'm looking at changing out for a PDK wheel...

Attached Images  
Old 08-29-2012, 03:46 PM
Originally Posted by Squat
So you have spent enough time in a tip to know you hate the buttons? If your hands are in the correct position the buttons will be right there. A number of porsche drivers as in factory drivers recommended the Tip even at the track over the manual.
Also you live in the land of speed cameras, when are you running it out to all the gears anyways? Oh never mind get a manual so you can be as slow as the guy in a modified Dodge Neon.
I actially drive much faster in the UK and Europe than I would ever dare to in the US where I drive for 3 months of the year.

Ive had 45 minutes driving a tip and it wasnt natural (to me anyway) I drove a Murcielago for a month and got so used to the paddles I wouldnt want anything else and I'm trying to figure out if its possible thats all..

We dont have Dodge neons in Europe..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Flappy paddles for gen 1 tiptronic steering wheel