997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Sad day

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 05:47 PM
drsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant future
Sad day

Bad day today as I received my second criminal speeding ticket in 5 months. Because of this I feel it is in my best interest to sell my car and leave my 16 year old behaviors behind. You can see my add in "cars for sale". Thanks and best wishes to all.

Shawn

Old 04-08-2011, 06:00 PM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by drsullivan
Bad day today as I received my second criminal speeding ticket in 5 months. Because of this I feel it is in my best interest to sell my car and leave my 16 year old behaviors behind. You can see my add in "cars for sale". Thanks and best wishes to all.

Shawn
Darn Doc, that sucks I know the feeling about the tickets. I am banned from a few states myself. Why not keep it and I will detune it to reduce the power - say to a 150 HP or so Think you could stay in control then ???

F: 480.317.9901
E: info@evoms.com
Home of the Worlds Fastest 997TT Porsche(s)
997TT Standing Mile = 234.6 MPH
997TT Standing 1/2 Mile = 217.09 MPH
Fastest 1/4 Mile = 9.29 @ 172.7 MPH
60-130 MPH Time = 3.28 Seconds
Old 04-08-2011, 06:10 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
He'll still speed...it will just take longer to get over the speed limit.

Sorry to hear you're letting the car go, doc.

Old 04-08-2011, 06:15 PM
Location: Waltham, MA/Southport,CT/Vero Beach, FL/Grosse Pointe, MI
steve0827 is a name known to allsteve0827 is a name known to allsteve0827 is a name known to allsteve0827 is a name known to allsteve0827 is a name known to allsteve0827 is a name known to all
Wow that sucks. Sorry to hear this. Considering laser jammers?

Old 04-08-2011, 06:20 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Don't do it, Shawn! Don't let 'The Man' get you down!.....seriously, don't do it.

Old 04-08-2011, 07:31 PM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
When I first bought my car I got 4 speeding tickets that equaled 20 points. In my state 8 points is a license suspension. I got a lawyer and worked through it and kept my license. 3 years later all the points have dropped off my record.

My advice is start going to the track to give your need for speed an outlet. It's a total blast plus you will meet great people. That's what I did and now I don't feel like speeding on the street but can go 150mph at the track without worrying about the cops. You either pay the lawyers and the court, or pay your track fee. The lawyers are more expensive.

Old 04-08-2011, 08:49 PM
LosPer is a jewel in the roughLosPer is a jewel in the roughLosPer is a jewel in the roughLosPer is a jewel in the rough
Well, I feel you there bro...I've been dancing with the man and speeding tickets here in Ohio for the past couple years...and I JUST got my TT. I have to control myself more than I'd like...

Sorry to hear of your decision, but I get it.

Old 04-08-2011, 09:00 PM
johnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nice
[quote=drsullivan;3172856]Bad day today as I received my second criminal speeding ticket in 5 months. Because of this I feel it is in my best interest to sell my car and leave my 16 year old behaviors behind. You can see my add in "cars for sale". Thanks and best wishes to all.

Good grief, having a V1 or Redline with M25 laser defuser should be a stop to that as long as there is traffic in front of you. Speeding with no one in front of you to receive killer Ka, etc signals is lethal. Or was this second offense shot from an airplane above?? Watching for the white lines avoids those big time. Once you get use to a speedy 0-60, it is tough to take that step back.

Old 04-08-2011, 09:16 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
You might consider giving it a few days before you make a big decision. In a few days you might feel differently about it and just want get an attorney to try to back the severity of the offense off some and keep your toy...

Old 04-08-2011, 09:49 PM
Mother is infamous around these parts
Sorry for the problems .. get legal advice and not so sure that changing cars is going to get rid of the 16 year old behavior treat the cause not the symptom. Where did you pick up the tickets so I can keep an eye out when my bad behavior sets in.

Last edited by Mother; 04-08-2011 at 09:52 PM.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:24 PM
salerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud of
Dont sell the Porsche.. Invest in a V1 !

Old 04-08-2011, 10:27 PM
TXTurbo is just really niceTXTurbo is just really niceTXTurbo is just really niceTXTurbo is just really nice
You can always move to Germany..

Old 04-08-2011, 10:40 PM
LosPer is a jewel in the roughLosPer is a jewel in the roughLosPer is a jewel in the roughLosPer is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by salerno713
Dont sell the Porsche.. Invest in a V1 !
This thread made me do that tonight. Now, I gotta get a jammer....

Old 04-09-2011, 05:45 AM
TAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond repute
Valentine 1 + interceptor 4 head, and you are good to go. But like some have said, if you suffer from "need for speed", not even a Honda Civic will be a cure for that...you will speed regardless, it will just take more time to get there. Don't sell the car, rather, invest in something that will reduce considerably the chances of that happening (V1+interceptor 4p).

Old 04-09-2011, 06:15 AM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
Darn Doc, that sucks I know the feeling about the tickets. I am banned from a few states myself. Why not keep it and I will detune it to reduce the power - say to a 150 HP or so Think you could stay in control then ???

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sad day