997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

My car is showing up at the dealer's inventory

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 07:42 AM
llngoc is infamous around these parts
Thanks for the info. I am not too concern about the dealer selling my car to someone else as he was referred to us.

BTW, my car is indeed black (basalt black) but my choice of interior color may not be very popular.

Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
Yup, I would be certain to sign a contract just so the dealer won't back put and sell it someone else for more. Seen it happen a few times.

Generally depends on how the car is configured. If it is PTS or some rarer color like Nordic Gold Metallic they will generally make you sign a contract and/or put down a rather large deposit. When I was darting around with getting a turbo last year one dealer wanted $30K down for a PTS color car I was wanting.

If your car is silver, grey, White or black I would be wary.

Old 04-13-2011, 09:47 AM
LosPer is a jewel in the roughLosPer is a jewel in the roughLosPer is a jewel in the roughLosPer is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by llngoc
BTW, my car is indeed black (basalt black) but my choice of interior color may not be very popular.
Ok, what did you go with, terracotta red?

Old 04-13-2011, 09:52 AM
Turbo S two tone with black/Ti blue

Originally Posted by LosPer
Ok, what did you go with, terracotta red?

Old 05-12-2011, 11:56 PM
Just an update. Got an email from the dealer that my car is now at port in San Diego and will be at the dealership in another 5-7 days. At last, the wait is almost over.

Old 05-13-2011, 09:22 PM
gerbs is a jewel in the roughgerbs is a jewel in the roughgerbs is a jewel in the roughgerbs is a jewel in the rough
Turbo S two tone with black/Ti blue
Great choice. I have the same but my car is Ice Blue Metallic.

Not much longer to wait so have lot's of fun when she arrives.

Old 05-14-2011, 12:57 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold

mine is Basalt black as well but on natural grey interior. it was also an April build - last month you could get natural grey - and is supposed to almost be in Hlaifax now. i don't expect it to hit dealor until late this week.

my understanding is that if a name is assigned to the car then it will not show up on their site. at least that is the Porsche canada rule. i have been bugging my dealor to take my name off so i can copy and paste the build sheet for posterity!

Old 05-14-2011, 04:15 PM
Tacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these parts
Basalt Black is much easier to move than say Nordic Metallic Gold or Mexico Blue.

I like the color combos shared in this thread.

When I specced a 2010 Turbo in 09 I kept on going back to the previously mentions Nordic Metallic and a mostly Cocoa Leather interior, all performance options except PCCBS.

Alas I decided to wait for the next iteration of the Turbo and will probably be purchasing a 959, that I plan to "casually" campaign in Newfoundland, in the next 12 months.