997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Switzer R911 Alpha Build

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 10:13 AM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
This F911 build is definitely a project. If you guys pull it off, my hat is off to you. It's not easy to do this correctly and run the power you want to run. Just imagine whatever mix of ethanol/gas is in there, the car has to have the right maps. You probably don't want to be adjusting maps based on knock sensors all the time? Not so simple imho.

Old 01-30-2012, 10:15 AM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Neil Switzer
I assure you that the parties involved in this development are (and have been) completely aware of the open-ended build from it's inception. If you think for one second that we sold Ryan an off the shelf basic package at full retail and it has taken us 10 months to build it, then you are strongly mistaken.Right now it is running up and down the road, adjusting multiple tuning parameters according to ethanol content. Getting the other ECU to work in conjunction with the Tiptronic has been a setback for us. We just received a new piece of electronic hardware that will allow this project to finally be wrapped up. I did not know that we were waiting on it last week, or I would have mentioned it before. Ryan's car has paved the way for the future of powertrain control 997TT Tiptronic's running alternative fuels, and we thank him for that.

More updates to come as this beast gets finished up and shipped out!
Thanks for chiming in, Neil. But to give Ryan a 'discount' on a developmental package doesn't imply relinquishing the rights to occasional SUBSTANTIAL updates. Telling him/us it's on the dyno or running up and down the road is frankly worthless information.
No one here doubts the complexity involved in this build. But to give vague inferences that the car will be ready soon with nothing to show for his patience other than 3 pictures of his car in various stages of disassembly in the last 10 months is unfair to the customer. If the information is not something you wish disseminated on the forums, discuss it with Ryan confidentially.

Old 01-30-2012, 11:37 AM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Ed, I know what you mean and that's why I said, at some point, one may want to cut their losses and that doesn't just mean $$ but time. Ultimately, however, Ryan has to make the decision on further development or just go with something proven that works. If it's a development car, then there are no guarantees. The fact that you still have to pay for insurance and registration while not having the car is annoying too.

Old 02-09-2012, 12:32 PM
Rab Dog is infamous around these parts
I agree with you Bonehead 100%...

Are there any pics of this build even or of his car in progress? It puzzles me that all the GTR's get so much advertising coverage with the update, progress reports with pictures but the P-Cars are on the back burner or done behind closed doors..

Last edited by Rab Dog; 02-09-2012 at 01:20 PM.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:12 PM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
While I am online posting updates.. Ryan's new module that we had built to work with our standalone EMS and flex fuel system seems to be working incredibly well. The amount of work required to develop and fine-tune the DME, Standalone, TCM, and this new module to make the car run smooth as silk is enormous. All of this development work is being done by us alone. We have some help on the GTR projects when we use the Cobb AP, but the Porsche is a completely different animal.

Old 02-09-2012, 07:12 PM
ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bonehead
Thanks for chiming in, Neil. But to give Ryan a 'discount' on a developmental package doesn't imply relinquishing the rights to occasional SUBSTANTIAL updates. Telling him/us it's on the dyno or running up and down the road is frankly worthless information.
No one here doubts the complexity involved in this build. But to give vague inferences that the car will be ready soon with nothing to show for his patience other than 3 pictures of his car in various stages of disassembly in the last 10 months is unfair to the customer. If the information is not something you wish disseminated on the forums, discuss it with Ryan confidentially.

well said ..

Old 02-10-2012, 01:05 AM
salerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Neil Switzer
Ryan's new module that we had built to work with our standalone EMS and flex fuel system seems to be working incredibly well. The amount of work required to develop and fine-tune the DME, Standalone, TCM, and this new module to make the car run smooth as silk is enormous.].
Wow Neil, thats wicked news.. Can you break it down in remedial english exactly what fuel the car can take and how your standalone set up helps run this car like a true flex fuel vehicle adapting to e85..93.. and c16?

Cheers to Switzer and Skeet, the bar is raised.. I hope you guys keep the car for wee bit more. I might be local and possibly able to swing by the shop. and drooooool.

Old 02-10-2012, 06:03 AM
Squat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to behold
Let me do this for the whole thing. I CURSE YOU e85!!

Old 02-10-2012, 06:46 AM
tortesq1 has a spectacular aura abouttortesq1 has a spectacular aura about
So after all of this buildup are we going to see an E85 tip with 800 whp ? 900 whp ? Gotta give us details. Wheres the beef ?

Old 02-10-2012, 09:30 AM
Squat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to behold
I cant see that much. Hopefully nice numbers though.

Old 02-10-2012, 08:11 PM
ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !
all this time of waiting ,

skeeter u should see 3sec 60-130 !!!!

Old 02-11-2012, 04:08 PM
skeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ysfg35
all this time of waiting ,

skeeter u should see 3sec 60-130 !!!!
Hopefully we'll see some 4sec times out of the car...I'd be extremely happy with those results!! Neil mentioned that they will most likely take the car out and do some pbox runs in it...I'm going to have some new wheels made as well and and get some sticker rubber!!

Old 02-11-2012, 04:34 PM
Justin Kresty is infamous around these parts
I've seen nothing but reliable and professional installation from the Switzer P-Cars local here in the NE Ohio area.

Once they get it pinned down, it will be another mark of the many accomplishements Switzer has brought to the aftermarket for Porsches. Justin Kresty

Last edited by Justin Kresty; 02-11-2012 at 05:20 PM.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:14 PM
vduzin12 is infamous around these parts
being the first to venture into new territory always sucks!

Old 09-11-2012, 04:03 PM
Greg-TT is a jewel in the roughGreg-TT is a jewel in the roughGreg-TT is a jewel in the roughGreg-TT is a jewel in the rough
What happened to this build?? I'd love to see the end result

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Switzer R911 Alpha Build