997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Switzer R911 Alpha Build

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 05:53 PM
salerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by twturbo
I have ran 91 a couple times with no problems ,just cruised home without hitting the boost.
I heard with a good tuner its possible to switch over files of e85 (if you run out of gas) to 91-93 octane safely.. I wonder if a tuner can chime in. I figured different fuels means different fuel pumps injectors and other engine components. IM ALL FOR e85, but there is just a lack of gas stations in new york with E85. Cleaner cooler burning gas, doesnt leave much black residue on bumpers with cat-less cars either

Last edited by salerno713; 06-11-2011 at 06:04 PM.
Old 06-11-2011, 11:27 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
It all depends how much power you want to run. For vtgs, an upgrade in injectors will allow you to run both E85 and gas. For Skeeter's build, he mentioned that he's going to run E85 only which means he's likely upgrading the entire fuel system to accomodate the greater flow needed to achieve the desired 1K hp goal. The much larger injectors needed for this are likely too large to handle gas since the equivalent quantity of gas needed is much smaller, especially at idle.

Old 06-12-2011, 12:47 PM
tortesq1 has a spectacular aura abouttortesq1 has a spectacular aura about
I live on the north shore in LI and have never seen E85 for sale. Not saying it doesn't exist, but until E85 is readily available, seems to me that the R911 package is mostly a P800 daily driver unless you can find some race gas. Getting the R911 or an R1K set of mods would make the most sense if we had some legitimate access to the E85. My local ExxonMobil and Shell stations have 93 octane which my stock TT seems to love. Seems like the CA./West Coasters have all the E85 access.

Old 06-12-2011, 01:43 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Minnesota has the highest number followed by neighboring states. CA and NY have about the same, relatively few in comparison. http://www.afdc.energy.gov/afdc/etha...locations.html

Old 06-12-2011, 02:09 PM
skeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond repute
Yes we don't have many stations also...I will have to plan my trips around gas stations...I just love the fact though you can be at full power at any time you want by just adjusting the EBC...Plus the price of E85 is great! I will have to drive approx 10-15 miles to get e85 but it's well worth it!

Old 06-14-2011, 01:56 AM
GT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really nice

Old 06-14-2011, 03:18 AM
Slow911TT68Tip is just really niceSlow911TT68Tip is just really niceSlow911TT68Tip is just really niceSlow911TT68Tip is just really nice
Originally Posted by skeeter
Yes we don't have many stations also...I will have to plan my trips around gas stations...I just love the fact though you can be at full power at any time you want by just adjusting the EBC...Plus the price of E85 is great! I will have to drive approx 10-15 miles to get e85 but it's well worth it!

Hi Skeeter: You would think that Cali would have E85. I thought it burned much cleaner. Have you heard anything on your build? Leadtime? Cheers!

BTW: I dont see in in South FLA.

Slow

Old 06-14-2011, 09:54 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Neil! We need updates!

Pics pics pics!

bob

Old 06-26-2011, 06:26 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Is this thing almost finished yet?

Old 06-27-2011, 09:10 AM
Trevor is infamous around these parts
Saw your car last week Skeeter, such an amazing build! That thing is going to be a BEAST!

Old 06-27-2011, 10:16 AM
skeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Trevor
Saw your car last week Skeeter, such an amazing build! That thing is going to be a BEAST!
Thanks! Can't wait to see what it can do!

Old 07-08-2011, 09:04 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Seriously man. What the heck is going on with this build? We need info!

Old 09-15-2011, 09:00 PM
Skeeter, your beast has been fired, and sounds great! Tuning is commencing.

No range anxiety here, this is flex fuel!

Old 09-15-2011, 10:20 PM
That IS exciting. What fuels are you going to use to tune besides E85? Will you be able to put in any octane fuel and the ECU will adjust or do you have to load/switch between different programs?

Old 09-15-2011, 10:33 PM
Originally Posted by TTdude
That IS exciting. What fuels are you going to use to tune besides E85? Will you be able to put in any octane fuel and the ECU will adjust or do you have to load/switch between different programs?
I'll be able to throw any fuel in I want and the standalone will adjust the tune for me...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Switzer R911 Alpha Build