997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Switzer R911 Alpha Build

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 09:33 PM
ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !
skeeter , did you decide to sell your stock ecu ?

Old 09-17-2011, 09:36 PM
skeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ysfg35
skeeter , did you decide to sell your stock ecu ?
I'll let you know for sure once I get the car back...

Old 09-17-2011, 09:38 PM
ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !
ok bro ..

waiting your monster
do you have any info about the ICs that gone be installed in your car ?

Old 09-17-2011, 09:49 PM
skeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ysfg35
ok bro ..

waiting your monster
do you have any info about the ICs that gone be installed in your car ?
Yes it's the normal switzer setup...The Monster Ic...I think there at least 5" or more ahah! They look huge! Same ones they use for all their setups!

Old 09-18-2011, 05:11 AM
John H. has a spectacular aura aboutJohn H. has a spectacular aura aboutJohn H. has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by TTdude
It all depends how much power you want to run. For vtgs, an upgrade in injectors will allow you to run both E85 and gas. For Skeeter's build, he mentioned that he's going to run E85 only which means he's likely upgrading the entire fuel system to accomodate the greater flow needed to achieve the desired 1K hp goal. The much larger injectors needed for this are likely too large to handle gas since the equivalent quantity of gas needed is much smaller, especially at idle.
What's that stock fuel pump capable of in gas or E85? Are you saying the stock pump can support a VTG upgrade on E85? I've never seen limits posted for the stock fuel system. Is a ProEFI or another standalone/piggyback required to run E85 or can this be in a tune flashed to the stock ECU? I realize it would have to compensate for the various levels of ethanol through the different seasons as my understanding is that E85 isn't always 85% ethanol from winter to summer.

John H

Old 09-18-2011, 07:04 AM
Slow911TT68Tip is just really niceSlow911TT68Tip is just really niceSlow911TT68Tip is just really niceSlow911TT68Tip is just really nice
Originally Posted by skeeter
If I can sell my wheels, I'm having my buddy make me some new wheels..I'm leaning more towards 19's than 18's right now...I will run r888's for sure...I've heard great things about those tires...
Excellent choice. Some say they are loud but when you have a race exhaust what does it matter.

Old 09-18-2011, 10:56 AM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by John H.
What's that stock fuel pump capable of in gas or E85? Are you saying the stock pump can support a VTG upgrade on E85? I've never seen limits posted for the stock fuel system. Is a ProEFI or another standalone/piggyback required to run E85 or can this be in a tune flashed to the stock ECU? I realize it would have to compensate for the various levels of ethanol through the different seasons as my understanding is that E85 isn't always 85% ethanol from winter to summer.

John H
It's close to 60lbs at 3.8 bar. You can run E85 with vtg upgrade but you'll need larger injectors and possibly upgraded FPR to 5 bar depending on set-up. Venkatreddytx and twturbo have done this https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...5bar-fpr.html/ and https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post3054419 There is no need to run standalone for E85. When programmed correctly Bosch DME can handle it. Skeeter's doing it because that standalone utilizes an ethanol sensor so he can dump in anything he wants and not have to worry about it. There are also no worries about the seasonal variance in E85 with Bosch DME since ECU can easily adjust within that range.

Stock Pump Specs

372 Flow rate at 3 bar (n-heptane) <O</O
543 Flow rate at 3 bar [cm3/min]<O</O
SxT Design<O</O
E Type<O</O
25deg Spray<O</O
0deg angle<O</O
12 Ω Coil resistance<O</O
0 280 158 123 Part number<O</O

Old 09-18-2011, 12:16 PM
orygunturbo is infamous around these parts
It's great that your car will be flex fuel. Really interesting, congratulations to you. Do you have any pics of your build with the components being used like the fuel system, what kind of turbos, etc....The build is interesting but this thread could use some more details if you're willing to share. Can you describe exactly what was done?

Old 09-18-2011, 01:18 PM
Originally Posted by orygunturbo
It's great that your car will be flex fuel. Really interesting, congratulations to you. Do you have any pics of your build with the components being used like the fuel system, what kind of turbos, etc....The build is interesting but this thread could use some more details if you're willing to share. Can you describe exactly what was done?
These are the only pics I have so far...This is the basic r911 kit setup...They did a custom fuel system and also did a custom standalone ecu and wiring harness...
R911 ALPHA PKG
850 WHP RACE GAS PKG

The Switzer GT2 R911S takes the firm's well-proven P800 GT2 package and pushes it further. Using race fuel, the R911 delivers well over eight hundred horsepower at the rear wheels - 50% more power than Porsche's flagship GT2 RS, with Switzer's MONSTER intercoolers ensuring consistent engine performance lap after lap.

With a (conservative) 911 hp on tap, virtually nothing in the world can pass one of the Switzer R911S 997 TT Porsches.

• SWITZER TURBO-BACK EXHAUST
• SWITZER BPRS SYSTEM
• SWITZER COMPETITION-STYLE HEADERS
• SWITZER ECU SOFTWARE
• SWITZER HIGH-FLOW INTAKE ASSEMBLY
• IRIDIUM PERFORMANCE PLUGS
• SWITZER HIGH-FLOW FUEL INJECTOR SYSTEM
• FUEL SYSTEM UPGRADE
• SWITZER SILICONE HOSE KIT
• TiAL BILLET BOVS
• SWITZER-MODIFIED ALPHA TURBOS
• HD WASTEGATE ACTUATORS
• SWITZER MONSTER INTERCOOLER SYSTEM
• SWITZER BILLET ALUMINUM INTAKE PLUMBING
• ELECTRONIC BOOST CONTROLLER

Old 09-18-2011, 02:06 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
That's definitely a mouth watering set of mods. It will be an awesome set-up. The standalone is definitely intriguing. Will the Proefi support all the other can bus instrument cluster operations like abs/pasm, etc..as the Bosch 7.8 on the dash or is there some loss of functionality? For instance, I don't think a Motec would.

Old 09-18-2011, 03:04 PM
rix
rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TTdude
It's close to 60lbs at 3.8 bar. You can run E85 with vtg upgrade but you'll need larger injectors and possibly upgraded FPR to 5 bar depending on set-up. Venkatreddytx and twturbo have done this https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...5bar-fpr.html/ and https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post3054419 There is no need to run standalone for E85. When programmed correctly Bosch DME can handle it. Skeeter's doing it because that standalone utilizes an ethanol sensor so he can dump in anything he wants and not have to worry about it. There are also no worries about the seasonal variance in E85 with Bosch DME since ECU can easily adjust within that range.
Are you sure that the Bosch DME/ECU is adjusting fuel trims under open loop conditions? Typically short term and long term fuel trims only affect closed loop (i.e. low throttle/idle/cruising) conditions, not open loop fuel (full throttle) maps.

Old 09-18-2011, 03:14 PM
I'm pretty sure that these Proto tunes are running closed loop at WOT but you can check directly with Proto to be certain.

Old 09-18-2011, 04:37 PM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
The standalone is a hybrid ecu setup, we run it in conjunction with the stock DME (that is tuned as well) so that you have the best of both worlds.

Old 09-18-2011, 05:57 PM
salerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud of
850whp on the stock internals?

Old 09-18-2011, 06:09 PM
salerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud of
Is skeets car a tiptronic?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Switzer R911 Alpha Build