997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Switzer R911 Alpha Build

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 06:24 PM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by salerno713
850whp on the stock internals?
Approximately, anything is possible when you tune correctly.

Last edited by Neil Switzer; 09-18-2011 at 06:26 PM.
Old 09-18-2011, 06:26 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by skeeter
By the way if anyone wants to buy that wing on the car, I'll give them a killer deal...I have no need for it anymore! It's a cargraphic full carbon gt2 wing...
Do you have pics of it with the lid closed - from back and sides? Is it just the blade or the whole decklid? if it's just the blade does it go up and down like stock tt wing?

I don't know how you sleep at night knowing that this build is almost finished.

Old 09-18-2011, 07:35 PM
EUGENE-Taiwan has a spectacular aura aboutEUGENE-Taiwan has a spectacular aura about
will this set up work on a PDK turbo?

and how much power will it make on 93octane?

Old 09-18-2011, 09:02 PM
skeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by The Bogg
Do you have pics of it with the lid closed - from back and sides? Is it just the blade or the whole decklid? if it's just the blade does it go up and down like stock tt wing?

I don't know how you sleep at night knowing that this build is almost finished.

No it's just the wing...The wing goes up and down like normal but it doesn't fully go down all the way...When fully down it's about 1" up or so...I have more pics if you want me to email them to you...I'm in no rush about the car...I know it's in great hands and I'm not missing any kind of speeding tickets either!

Old 09-18-2011, 09:04 PM
skeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by EUGENE-Taiwan
will this set up work on a PDK turbo?

and how much power will it make on 93octane?
This kit won't work with the 997.2 pdk...The pdk can't handle it and nobody really has tested the limits of the new motor yet...

Old 09-18-2011, 09:10 PM
M5 Wheelman has a spectacular aura aboutM5 Wheelman has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Neil Switzer
Approximately, anything is possible when you tune correctly.

Mother of God. Is that Skeeter's car?

Old 09-18-2011, 11:23 PM
rix
rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !
That's a really nice dyno curve for highway racing! That car will FLY.

Old 09-19-2011, 04:07 AM
EUGENE-Taiwan has a spectacular aura aboutEUGENE-Taiwan has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by skeeter
This kit won't work with the 997.2 pdk...The pdk can't handle it and nobody really has tested the limits of the new motor yet...
thanks for getting back to me! I'm thinking a porsche for my next car so I'm doing some researching on what power package to buy.

I'm either getting a GT2 or a turbo PDK

Old 09-19-2011, 10:43 AM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by M5 Wheelman
Mother of God. Is that Skeeter's car?
That is our Sledgehammer development 997.1, stock internals. It was the previous 60-130 record holder with a time of 4.25, and yes, it is still running to this day as an 900hp ethanol track car, stock engine.

Last edited by Neil Switzer; 09-19-2011 at 10:52 AM.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:52 PM
Former Vendor
We usually do not post boost numbers as they are only relevant to our particular hardware in those testing conditions.

Old 09-19-2011, 06:16 PM
Originally Posted by Neil Switzer
That is our Sledgehammer development 997.1, stock internals. It was the previous 60-130 record holder with a time of 4.25, and yes, it is still running to this day as an 900hp ethanol track car, stock engine.
can you pM me a quote?

I'm very interested in your products

Old 11-18-2011, 09:13 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
2 months since this was last updated. What's the latest, Neil?

Old 11-20-2011, 07:13 AM
Originally Posted by bonehead
2 months since this was last updated. What's the latest, neil?
+100

Old 11-20-2011, 10:42 PM
T.Hill is a jewel in the roughT.Hill is a jewel in the roughT.Hill is a jewel in the roughT.Hill is a jewel in the rough
Skeeter, you're going to LOVE this car when its done!
I'm getting depressed with the cold weather here in Canada..don't want to put ours away! A road trip South this winter might be in order.

Enjoy the car. As I'm sure you know, Switzer's done an AWESOME job developing these flexfuel builds!!!

Old 11-21-2011, 07:51 AM
uaeturbo has a spectacular aura aboutuaeturbo has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by bonehead
2 months since this was last updated. What's the latest, Neil?

Longest build ever.
Mine took 3 days only.(Protomotive)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Switzer R911 Alpha Build