997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Springs & Wheels Installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 04:00 PM
PSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nice
Springs & Wheels Installed

The mild modding has begun…already had a miltek exhaust but that’s been it for a while.
<O</O
Finally needed a new set of tires so I decided to update the wheels too. Could’ve gone many different directions with my setup but decided on OEM turbo II wheels with PS2s. I know…why spend that much and not go with something else? I really like the turbo II wheel, wanted to stay 19” and I don’t see very many cars with this design.
<O</O
In addition, I wanted to change the stance and improve handling without too much compromise in ride quality, so I had TechArt (Eibach) springs installed.
<O</O
I’ve only driven about 75 miles with the setup but I can tell you I’m very pleased with the results. The look and feel is great. I was concerned the ride would be noticeably rougher but it’s not. There are no strange noises and the PASM is fully functional.
<O</O
Let me know what you think…
<O</O
Thanks!

Attached Images     
Old 04-16-2011, 04:11 PM
Jeff C is a glorious beacon of lightJeff C is a glorious beacon of lightJeff C is a glorious beacon of lightJeff C is a glorious beacon of lightJeff C is a glorious beacon of light
I like the stance. Looks good.

Old 04-16-2011, 04:29 PM
floridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud of
I'm liking it, good stuff.

Ken

Old 04-16-2011, 05:52 PM
Amanintown is a splendid one to beholdAmanintown is a splendid one to beholdAmanintown is a splendid one to beholdAmanintown is a splendid one to beholdAmanintown is a splendid one to beholdAmanintown is a splendid one to beholdAmanintown is a splendid one to beholdAmanintown is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Jeff C
I like the stance. Looks good.
Me too! Excellent and perfect set up! Did you get those parts from a forum vendor?

Old 04-16-2011, 07:51 PM
JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

Car looks great... Well done.

Old 04-16-2011, 10:32 PM
PSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nice
"Me too! Excellent and perfect set up! Did you get those parts from a forum vendor?"

Thanks...got the wheels/tires from another forum member who had a brand new set and ordered the springs from Alex @ Sharkwerks.

Old 04-17-2011, 12:58 PM
teolax is infamous around these partsteolax is infamous around these parts
Car looks really good. I would paint your lowers and it will look even better.

Old 04-17-2011, 02:24 PM
SKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to all
Thumbs up Car Color

PSTT07, I really like the color of your car. Is it GT Silver or Platinum Silver?
John

Old 04-17-2011, 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by SKYKING
PSTT07, I really like the color of your car. Is it GT Silver or Platinum Silver?
John

Thanks...it's arctic silver. Love the way it shines in the sun and it really works for those (like me) who are way to crazy about dust, dirt and all the other things that happen...

Old 04-17-2011, 04:13 PM
TAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond repute
stance looks killer!

Old 04-17-2011, 04:40 PM
keeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by TAILWAG
stance looks killer!
+1 car looks awesome, enjoy in good health

Old 04-18-2011, 10:25 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Looking good!

Old 04-18-2011, 10:43 AM
Frissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud of
perfection! Good choice of wheels, congrats your 997TT looks amazing! Springs were also chosen wisely, as the work well with PASM. And to top it all Milltek exhaust, I have not listen to one on a 997TT but onthe 996TT is perhaps the best sounding exhaust with superb quality of build.

Enjoy this amazing build!

Old 04-18-2011, 03:10 PM
LakeShow41 is just really niceLakeShow41 is just really niceLakeShow41 is just really niceLakeShow41 is just really niceLakeShow41 is just really nice
Originally Posted by PSTT07
The mild modding has begun…already had a miltek exhaust but that’s been it for a while.
<O</O
Finally needed a new set of tires so I decided to update the wheels too. Could’ve gone many different directions with my setup but decided on OEM turbo II wheels with PS2s. I know…why spend that much and not go with something else? I really like the turbo II wheel, wanted to stay 19” and I don’t see very many cars with this design.
<O</O
In addition, I wanted to change the stance and improve handling without too much compromise in ride quality, so I had TechArt (Eibach) springs installed.
<O</O
I’ve only driven about 75 miles with the setup but I can tell you I’m very pleased with the results. The look and feel is great. I was concerned the ride would be noticeably rougher but it’s not. There are no strange noises and the PASM is fully functional.
<O</O
Let me know what you think…
<O</O
Thanks!
Turned out great!

Old 04-18-2011, 10:21 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
I actually love the wheels, killer!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Springs & Wheels Installed