997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Come, buy your next Porsche in Aus. Going cheap!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 06:24 PM
turbo_banker is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mhh
but I'd rather spend my time making more of it than complaining about tax. I know I'll be richer if I do that. The more tax I pay, the better I'm doing. That's all.
hehe like it helps make the tax bill i got on my table less painful!

Old 04-29-2011, 11:02 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Thumbs down Addendum to the current madness.

Here is some more Aussie insanity to consider whenever you guys feel like crying poor or hardly done by:

Read and weep...

Actually, what am i talking about..you guys read....us Aussies can do the weeping.

http://watoday.drive.com.au/motor-ne...429-1dzms.html

Yep, its a joke!

Last edited by speed21; 04-30-2011 at 04:59 AM.
Old 04-30-2011, 08:36 AM
Jim Campbell is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by speed21
Here is some more Aussie insanity to consider whenever you guys feel like crying poor or hardly done by:

Read and weep...

Actually, what am i talking about..you guys read....us Aussies can do the weeping.

Yep, its a joke!
Good god thats about 200,000 AUD more than it costs in the UK!

Ta

Old 04-30-2011, 09:40 AM
pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !
Same goes in South Africa folks. Funny thing is they have the same import laws, 12 months proof of owning the vehicle and then luxury/import taxes on top of that. Even still with all the taxes on import it's cheaper to do so than to source one locally.

Living in Canada sure is a dream - especially now with the strong $C (one of the strongest currencies in the world I might add - let me qualify that statement: the C$ hasn't depreciated as much with respect to underlying commodities prices as most other currencies have, AKA inflation), it's easy to hop across the border and pick up a TT for a song (which is exactly where my 997 TT originated from... few months back).

Old 04-30-2011, 06:21 PM
mhh
mhh is infamous around these partsmhh is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Jim Campbell
Good god thats about 200,000 AUD more than it costs in the UK!

Ta
And they will sell every one they import. Australia is one of the strongest per capita markets in the world for the GT3 , despite the pricing.

Old 05-01-2011, 11:13 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mhh
And they will sell every one they import. Australia is one of the strongest per capita markets in the world for the GT3 , despite the pricing.
Agree that has been the case since forever mhh however, i have personally noticed, and to my surprise, that in recent times a few high end "normally available by order only cars"(inc GT3 RS's) have sat around in showrooms as stock for extraordinary periods of time... unsold. Now maybe the cycle is beginning to reverse or is on a tipping point? Attitudes and thinking are changing with expensive cars. Porsche, whilst being a brilliant car, has lost a lot of its exclusivity over the past 10 years in particular. Not too many people see the wow factor any more with 911...or any Porsche outside perhaps a GT2RS or 3 RS....but even so the majority of people on the street just see it as another Porsche with a spoiler and a few stripes.

Since the GFC some things have never been the same. And nothing stays the same forever. I personally think PCA has steadily gone too far with price increases ever since the introduction of the 997....and i understand the new model will be even more expensive again. Imho in their pursuit of maintaining exclusivity they are simply beginning to price themselves out of the mainstream market. There are now alternatives such as R8 and GTR at much less $$. Sure at the very top end there will always be a select group of buyers but i couldnt see there being enoughof those to make the business model work. The cayennes are without doubt their saviour but a 450K Panamera turbo? Man thats serious chaff for a car with a very controversial body. And then there's the Panamera S and 4 S.....big money for a rather unattractive car.. Kind of makes some of those 4 door M3's and Mercs attractive when you compare the pricing. Again, exclusivity is not something that interests many onlookers these days and most are simply "over it" due to money or environmental issues. Just food for though. But my money is on a change in buyer sentiments in the high end market in the comming years. Sooner or later Aus is going to have to get real with their car prices and catch up with the modern world.

Last edited by speed21; 05-02-2011 at 12:08 AM.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:04 AM
MGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to behold
Time to set up a USA based garage.

Old 05-02-2011, 04:12 PM
Duane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond repute

Read and weep...

Yep, its a joke!
I thought Aussies never cry

Old 05-02-2011, 05:34 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by MGS996TT
Time to set up a USA based garage.
Wishful thinking...but a garage would be too small. What weve become accustomed to paying we would need a warehouse.
Originally Posted by Duane996tt
I thought Aussies never cry
Ok. I think it goes something like this: When we sign the cheque we are laughing on the outside. The crying is done on the inside.

Old 05-02-2011, 06:25 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
I feel your pain in Australia, but I agree with this sentiment across the Porsche line. Instead of raising pricing they should make more cars. 600 cars to satisfy the world? I think it's gotten worse since VW took over as well.

Agree that has been the case since forever mhh however, i have personally noticed, and to my surprise, that in recent times a few high end "normally available by order only cars"(inc GT3 RS's) have sat around in showrooms as stock for extraordinary periods of time... unsold. Now maybe the cycle is beginning to reverse or is on a tipping point? Attitudes and thinking are changing with expensive cars. Porsche, whilst being a brilliant car, has lost a lot of its exclusivity over the past 10 years in particular. Not too many people see the wow factor any more with 911...or any Porsche outside perhaps a GT2RS or 3 RS....but even so the majority of people on the street just see it as another Porsche with a spoiler and a few stripes.

Since the GFC some things have never been the same. And nothing stays the same forever. I personally think PCA has steadily gone too far with price increases ever since the introduction of the 997....and i understand the new model will be even more expensive again. Imho in their pursuit of maintaining exclusivity they are simply beginning to price themselves out of the mainstream market. There are now alternatives such as R8 and GTR at much less $$. Sure at the very top end there will always be a select group of buyers but i couldnt see there being enoughof those to make the business model work. The cayennes are without doubt their saviour but a 450K Panamera turbo? Man thats serious chaff for a car with a very controversial body. And then there's the Panamera S and 4 S.....big money for a rather unattractive car.. Kind of makes some of those 4 door M3's and Mercs attractive when you compare the pricing. Again, exclusivity is not something that interests many onlookers these days and most are simply "over it" due to money or environmental issues. Just food for though. But my money is on a change in buyer sentiments in the high end market in the comming years. Sooner or later Aus is going to have to get real with their car prices and catch up with the modern world.