997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Come, buy your next Porsche in Aus. Going cheap!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 10:16 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Thumbs down Come, buy your next Porsche in Aus. Going cheap!

I read this article today:

http://news.drive.com.au/drive/motor...dgy7.html#poll

and thought...

Lucky country? Hmmm....not when it comes to buying anything remotely decent.

Ahhh.... to be able to buy a new 997tts for as little as 200k. What a wonderfull dream that would be.

How would you guys deal with it if all of a sudden the US (and other countries) had prices the same as Aus? Would you all be parting with the readies? Or would you take a step back into something else?

Old 04-19-2011, 11:41 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
holy crap that's insane!?!

Old 04-19-2011, 01:03 PM
salerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud of
Glad to see 6speed members modding their turbos out in AUS, Nice find Speed21

Old 04-19-2011, 04:39 PM
tuki is infamous around these parts
same s**t goes here in Turkey too..

A new Turbo S costs around 290-300K Euros while you can buy the same car at a pricetag of 170.000 euros in Germany.

Old 04-19-2011, 05:14 PM
Jeff C is a glorious beacon of lightJeff C is a glorious beacon of lightJeff C is a glorious beacon of lightJeff C is a glorious beacon of lightJeff C is a glorious beacon of light
You must be very wealthy.

Old 04-19-2011, 05:44 PM
Mark Ducati is infamous around these partsMark Ducati is infamous around these parts
Aren't these the same countries with Socialized Health Scare and lower taxes? Maybe that's how the justify luxury items costing so much... since the average Joe doesn't have to pay out as much as we do here in the US?

Old 04-19-2011, 09:03 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sharkster
holy crap that's insane!?!
Yep Alex, paying these prices and being able to smile afterward can have its moments.
Thank god its a P so the pain is soon forgotten.....well sort of. Plus sharkifying the beast can help with any pain too.

Originally Posted by salerno713
Glad to see 6speed members modding their turbos out in AUS, Nice find Speed21
Thanks Salerno! And thankfully the mods are available in US at reasonable prices.....well in comparison to our rip off park.

Originally Posted by tuki
same s**t goes here in Turkey too..

A new Turbo S costs around 290-300K Euros while you can buy the same car at a pricetag of 170.000 euros in Germany.
Sorry man. Look on the bright side tho. Its still cheaper than here. Plus i bet the cops aren't so tough either.

Originally Posted by Jeff C
You must be very wealthy.
I'm not sure how to take that....but no.....not as wealthy as i would like, or should i say one "needs to be" to really live the dream out here. Maybe lets just say you've really got to love your cars .

Originally Posted by Mark Ducati
Aren't these the same countries with Socialized Health Scare and lower taxes? Maybe that's how the justify luxury items costing so much... since the average Joe doesn't have to pay out as much as we do here in the US?
Not sure if that one would ever stack up in a comparison test.....sorry.

Originally Posted by THEPUP
Thats a drag. I feel bad for the Aussies
Thanks man. Me too. A good dream is owning a Porsche. The nightmare is figuring how you are going to pay for the next one.

Old 04-19-2011, 09:10 PM
Banned
OK so how many of you US 997tt owners would pay our prices if you had no choice?

And if not, what would you be prepared to drive as a compromise??

Old 04-20-2011, 11:23 AM
ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !
I only bought a Porsche BECAUSE it's so damn cheap...

Paul, just think what you would have to pay if you lived in Thailand.

There's ups and downs and roundabouts.

Old 04-20-2011, 11:55 AM
saltwater is infamous around these parts
I'm actually an Aussie living in the US - there's no way in hell I could afford a 997 911TT back home - I guess it's one of the benefits to living in the US.....

Old 04-20-2011, 01:09 PM
AlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant future
A friend of mine lives in Norway...

About 3 years ago he bought an ML63 AMG. The car retailed at about $130,000. The sales tax added another 25% ($32,000), then the registration fee was $160,000 extra. So, the damn thing weighed in at about $320k. Unless something changed, I am sure a new 997TT would hit $400k without any problem these days. Crazy!

Old 04-20-2011, 04:02 PM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by speed21
OK so how many of you US 997tt owners would pay our prices if you had no choice?

And if not, what would you be prepared to drive as a compromise??
I'd be driving one of your cool Holden or Ford Falcon things that we can't get over here!

Old 04-21-2011, 02:31 AM
Ray33 has a spectacular aura aboutRay33 has a spectacular aura about
Its the same problem in Ireland - a new turbo with no options would cost about €250,000

I bought my car (a C2S) when it was 8 months old and it still cost €129,000 No point putting that in dollars as the exchange rate was a bit healthier a while back, but you get my drift!

To demonstrate the point here is a 2008 turbo still asking €109,000

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Porsche...t?channel=CARS

Last edited by Ray33; 04-21-2011 at 02:41 AM.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:01 AM
MotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to behold
That is why foreigners come to USA and buy BadA$$ cars. To them is like buying a Honda back home. A 911 Turbo in Singapore probably cost $600K (guessing). It has Been a long time but when I was there a Honda Prelude cost around $120k.

Old 04-21-2011, 05:23 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by ruf_turbo
I only bought a Porsche BECAUSE it's so damn cheap...

Paul, just think what you would have to pay if you lived in Thailand.

There's ups and downs and roundabouts.
Ruffy you need punishing for that...JK. Maybe we give you a one way ticket to Aus with no return. That'll fix ya!

And Thailand?...well somehow i don't need to think too hard on that one as its not that much worse price wise than Aus. I think we pretty well top the charts over here....or run a close second.

Originally Posted by saltwater
I'm actually an Aussie living in the US - there's no way in hell I could afford a 997 911TT back home - I guess it's one of the benefits to living in the US.....
Lucky lucky lucky! Enjoy it, as going back will be ugly. Shame she's a left hooker or you could bring her back with you one day.

Originally Posted by AlexM
A friend of mine lives in Norway...

About 3 years ago he bought an ML63 AMG. The car retailed at about $130,000. The sales tax added another 25% ($32,000), then the registration fee was $160,000 extra. So, the damn thing weighed in at about $320k. Unless something changed, I am sure a new 997TT would hit $400k without any problem these days. Crazy!
Close Alex. The last time i asked, a new ttS was 450K. So Norway's still behind here.

Originally Posted by DrVolkl
I'd be driving one of your cool Holden or Ford Falcon things that we can't get over here!
Crazy thing Doc is we build these Holdens and Fords, yet export these cars to other countries for much less money than we Aussies can buy them. Btw a top end HSV V8 Holden clubsport is upward 90 to 100K out here. The Government really loves us taxpayers.

Originally Posted by Ray33
Its the same problem in Ireland - a new turbo with no options would cost about €250,000

I bought my car (a C2S) when it was 8 months old and it still cost €129,000 No point putting that in dollars as the exchange rate was a bit healthier a while back, but you get my drift!

To demonstrate the point here is a 2008 turbo still asking €109,000

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Porsche...t?channel=CARS
Man you Irish are just born lucky. Aussies would be quite happy with those prices. It'd be a great start from where we are at the moment. That damn luck of the Irish again!

Originally Posted by MotorsportsR
That is why foreigners come to USA and buy BadA$$ cars. To them is like buying a Honda back home. A 911 Turbo in Singapore probably cost $600K (guessing). It has Been a long time but when I was there a Honda Prelude cost around $120k.
Damn right about that one. USA sure is the car lovers dream for us Aussies.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Come, buy your next Porsche in Aus. Going cheap!