997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Michelin Pilot Super Sport

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 06:29 AM
Jersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to behold
Michelin Pilot Super Sport

Any one familiar with the Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires. I have been running PS2's on my last few cars but noticed the Super Sports on Tire Rack while shopping.

Old 05-06-2011, 10:32 AM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
I have them, LOVE them vs. the P Zeros. Quieter, sticker, plenty of wheel protection, I would highly recommend them over the Zeros and would assume they are better than the PS2's.

Old 07-19-2011, 07:43 AM
KonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud of
i recently put them on my T4S (previously ran PZeros) and am dumbfounded at how good they are. much plusher and stickier ride. i can't wait to get these babies on the track!

Old 07-19-2011, 08:19 AM
E55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud of
would love to hear how they compare to RE-11.

Old 07-19-2011, 10:07 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Jersey Shore
Any one familiar with the Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires. I have been running PS2's on my last few cars but noticed the Super Sports on Tire Rack while shopping.
I just removed Pirelli P-Zeros after 5,000 miles and replaced with Michelin PSS - what a difference. They are actually balanced and ride great - sorry I didn't do it sooner.

Old 07-19-2011, 10:15 AM
Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !
PS2 are being phased out. The replacement tire is the SuperSport. As soon as the supply is used up, you will no longer be able to get PS2s.

Old 07-19-2011, 10:28 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Slider
PS2 are being phased out. The replacement tire is the SuperSport. As soon as the supply is used up, you will no longer be able to get PS2s.
Since PS2's are "N" rated and PSS's are not, it will be interesting to see when that occurs.

Old 07-19-2011, 10:55 AM
RNS
RNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to behold
VERY interested in putting the PSS's on as well, and heard only positive feedback. Wonder if Porsche could hold anything against us (warranty purposes) for running non-N Spec tires?

Old 07-19-2011, 11:30 AM
dailydriver is infamous around these parts
I was curious about this as well... Would a company typcially release a new model tire and have the N "certification" added later, or do they need to have the certification applied before they go to market?

Also, Tirerack rates treadwear as an 80? Is that a typo? PS2's were like 220.

Last edited by dailydriver; 07-19-2011 at 11:38 AM.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:44 AM
Banned
porka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by dailydriver
I was curious about this as well... Would a company typcially release a new model tire and have the N "certification" added later, or do they need to have the certification applied before they go to market?

Also, Tirerack rates treadwear as an 80? Is that a typo? PS2's were like 220.
treadwear is 300 on the mss!

i am buying them for my front wheels.. they dont make them wide enough in the rear

Old 07-19-2011, 11:54 AM
Former Vendor
HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !
We had a couple of the guys here at HRE attend a Michelin Super Sport event, and it was just awesome. They really have rave things to say about the new SS tire.

Old 07-19-2011, 11:56 AM
Originally Posted by porka

i am buying them for my front wheels.. they dont make them wide enough in the rear
How wide do you need - I just put on 305/30-19.

Old 07-19-2011, 12:45 PM
TrackAddict997 is a jewel in the roughTrackAddict997 is a jewel in the roughTrackAddict997 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by porka

wont that play with your ride quality at all? running two different treads front and back..?

Old 07-19-2011, 01:46 PM
Johnrs is infamous around these parts
Just put them on +1 on the reviews!

Old 07-19-2011, 01:48 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
N rating will come later, probably with a price hike. Rumored to be OEM tire of choice for the 991 thus will be N rated then.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Michelin Pilot Super Sport