997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997.2TT PDK 580hps vs ZR1 640hps - video

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 04:53 AM
Slow911TT68Tip is just really niceSlow911TT68Tip is just really niceSlow911TT68Tip is just really niceSlow911TT68Tip is just really nice
Originally Posted by 512bb
Lingenfelter was a great guy and left a great company behind. Slow911TT68Tip, can you post or PM some pictures (if you have them) of your ZR1's interior?

Cheers.

I will post a link today or tommorrow. I am selling my ZR1 and it will be listed in all it's glory. It is a beautiful car and I will miss it but new projects are calling and she must go. Maybe someone here will buy her - she is a beast but not like my z06 below.
John Caravaggio did the interior - www.caravaggiocorvettes.com

Here is some pics of my Z06 (Done by caravaggio also but pics not so good):

http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/p...2/IMG_0492.jpg

http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/p...2/IMG_0507.jpg

http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/p...2/IMG_0495.jpg

http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/p...962/Seats2.jpg

Last edited by Slow911TT68Tip; 05-21-2011 at 05:56 AM.
Old 05-21-2011, 08:03 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 997slover
maybe next weekend i will do a rolling start my Turbo PDK vs GT-R 2012!!!

is possible to tuining the ECU of GT-R 2012? is similar to tuning the ECU of GT-R 2011/2010 or GT-R 2012 is different?
Sounds great! Yes, the tune is going to be similar, available anyday now.
Originally Posted by bbywu
...you for got "it's just a Nissan..." lol

Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
Porsche was there developing the PDK from the beginning. The beginning for them was 40 years ago. Six generations later it is offered to the public. They ain't going to release a product that will break after 2 or 3 launches, cough cough VDC, cough cough GTR.
If you were being serious, I'd continue this discussion (with my 100+ launches). But since it is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy off for no apparent reason, I'll just consider this as an attempt of a joke. Funny.

Old 05-21-2011, 08:14 AM
Slow911TT68Tip is just really niceSlow911TT68Tip is just really niceSlow911TT68Tip is just really niceSlow911TT68Tip is just really nice
Originally Posted by 512bb
Lingenfelter was a great guy and left a great company behind. Slow911TT68Tip, can you post or PM some pictures (if you have them) of your ZR1's interior?

Cheers.

Link to ZR1 for Sale: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...onic-blue.html

Old 05-23-2011, 05:08 AM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bbywu
...you for got "it's just a Nissan..." lol
(but so true). Bob please excuse my laughter....i honestly couldn't help it.

No real need to bother yourself with it. Its a pointless excercise...for the 2012 Nissan that is.

This months Aussie Performance Car Mag gives a comprehensive review of all acceleration times between both cars and confirms a victory for TT pdk against 2012 GTR. So in reality there is no need to race. Just refer the contestant to the spec sheet result....so he can save the fuel and his car from any unnecessary wear and tear.

Old 05-23-2011, 07:03 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by speed21
(but so true). Bob please excuse my laughter....i honestly couldn't help it.

No real need to bother yourself with it. Its a pointless excercise...for the 2012 Nissan that is.

This months Aussie Performance Car Mag gives a comprehensive review of all acceleration times between both cars and confirms a victory for TT pdk against 2012 GTR. So in reality there is no need to race. Just refer the contestant to the spec sheet result....so he can save the fuel and his car from any unnecessary wear and tear.
It's only funny for you, because your rich enough to purchase a 911 new, and GT-R owners can only afford a $95k car (because they are poor).

But in reality, the 2012's are running 11.0 in the 1/4. I'm not sure what the magazines are telling everybody these days (or what a stock 911 TT PDK can run). The exhausts (that already fit) free up a bit (already running 10.9's), and the tune is available, but apparently there is a bug Cobb is trying to work out. Once that happens, it might be able to give the OP a good run.

(unless people here prefer to mag race, then we'll just all go out and buy magazines, and never push our cars)

Old 05-23-2011, 07:17 AM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
It's only funny for you, because your rich enough to purchase a 911 new, and GT-R owners can only afford a $95k car (because they are poor).

But in reality, the 2012's are running 11.0 in the 1/4. I'm not sure what the magazines are telling everybody these days (or what a stock 911 TT PDK can run). The exhausts (that already fit) free up a bit (already running 10.9's), and the tune is available, but apparently there is a bug Cobb is trying to work out. Once that happens, it might be able to give the OP a good run.

(unless people here prefer to mag race, then we'll just all go out and buy magazines, and never push our cars)
Sounds like the violins are playing already.

Old 05-23-2011, 08:01 AM
Originally Posted by speed21
Sounds like the violins are playing already.
Really? Because it looked like I just answered a question...

is possible to tuining the ECU of GT-R 2012? is similar to tuning the ECU of GT-R 2011/2010 or GT-R 2012 is different?
... the 2012's are running 11.0 in the 1/4. ... The exhausts (that already fit) free up a bit (already running 10.9's), and the tune is available, but apparently there is a bug Cobb is trying to work out. Once that happens, it might be able to give the OP a good run.
(I understand if it appears different when looking through expensive glasses, like yours. If we could all afford the goggles you use, we'd all see it the same way)

Old 05-23-2011, 10:32 AM
Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !

Wait. Are you trying to marginalize the results of an experiment with controlled variables and professional drivers?

Old 05-23-2011, 02:24 PM
Originally Posted by Inglorious
Wait. Are you trying to marginalize the results of an experiment with controlled variables and professional drivers?
If you call my mother a professional, then yes. she can run a 11.0 in a 2012 GT-R.

It isn't rocket science. You leave it in auto, push the VDC button to R, mash throttle, mash brake, release brake.

(Nothing against my mother, but a monkey can run a 11.0)

Old 05-23-2011, 04:22 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
If you call my mother a professional, then yes. she can run a 11.0 in a 2012 GT-R.

It isn't rocket science. You leave it in auto, push the VDC button to R, mash throttle, mash brake, release brake.

Maybe I am wrong but you seem to be very defensive and then offensive about the GTR. I admit that I am a euro-snob in terms of cars, and that is because of my experiences of owning several types of cars that I did not mention on my sig. I would love to save a 100k and buy a nissan instead of a TTS but having driven the GTR I just did not like it. I respect its performance and it surely does provide the evidence.

The driving feel was weird, I felt like I was sitting too high and the car felt huge around me. It did not give me the seat of your pants acceleration feel either. The interior looked odd and the exterior look is not my preference at all. Thus I would spend the extra money on a TTS, not just because I can, but because to me it is better in every area. And I do not look down on people who chose a GTR and I do not think that others who buy TTS feel superior either. I simply love cars and want one that gives me the feeling I am paying for it to give me. The TTS and many other 911's give me that feeling. I have also owned a few high performance vettes. I wish that I liked them as much as 911's as it would save me a lot of money, or even the CTS-V. So myself or other guys here who say its just a nissan, just really love their P-cars and would consider a nissan if it did more for them then just give performance numbers. I am not too rich or snobbish to drive a nissan, chevy, caddy, toyota, lexus, etc. and I usually give them a test drive and read a lot of reviews before I make a purchase.
So just do not assume that we are a bunch of snobs if we prefer a TTS over a GTR, its nothing personal against you.

Old 05-23-2011, 04:50 PM
Banned
^^^Don't worry zzzspeed. He is notorious for hitting every P car, Vette owner, etc etc etc over the head with his "damn" Nissan....always seeking to insert the thin end of his wedge in some clandestine way. And when things inevitably don't go to his liking squawks like a newborn. What is happening here is very typical. Nothing new here.

Old 05-23-2011, 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by zzzspeed
Maybe I am wrong but you seem to be very defensive and then offensive about the GTR. I admit that I am a euro-snob in terms of cars, and that is because of my experiences of owning several types of cars that I did not mention on my sig. I would love to save a 100k and buy a nissan instead of a TTS but having driven the GTR I just did not like it. I respect its performance and it surely does provide the evidence.

The driving feel was weird, I felt like I was sitting too high and the car felt huge around me. It did not give me the seat of your pants acceleration feel either. The interior looked odd and the exterior look is not my preference at all. Thus I would spend the extra money on a TTS, not just because I can, but because to me it is better in every area. And I do not look down on people who chose a GTR and I do not think that others who buy TTS feel superior either. I simply love cars and want one that gives me the feeling I am paying for it to give me. The TTS and many other 911's give me that feeling. I have also owned a few high performance vettes. I wish that I liked them as much as 911's as it would save me a lot of money, or even the CTS-V. So myself or other guys here who say its just a nissan, just really love their P-cars and would consider a nissan if it did more for them then just give performance numbers. I am not too rich or snobbish to drive a nissan, chevy, caddy, toyota, lexus, etc. and I usually give them a test drive and read a lot of reviews before I make a purchase.
So just do not assume that we are a bunch of snobs if we prefer a TTS over a GTR, its nothing personal against you.
I appreciate the courtesy, but you in no way offended me with this post. Everybody has an opinion, and I'm more than pleased that you gave it a shot, instead of "throwing rocks from a distance". It is certainly a different animal, and not for everybody. I was intentionally offensive to speed, because of a previous position that GT-R owners can't afford a 911, so they purchase a GT-R instead - not out of choice, but out of financial disposition. To only be followed up by saying the comment "it's only a Nissan" is true. Perhaps true to snobs, and not to real car enthusiasts... That should offend everybody on this forum.

Old 05-23-2011, 05:28 PM
Banned
^^^ Whatever. It doesn't change the facts regarding your ongoing motivation to lurk outside the GTR forum to surrepticiously drive that "damn" car of yours up everyones nose at every given opportunity.

Old 05-23-2011, 05:33 PM
carmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of lightcarmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of lightcarmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of lightcarmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of lightcarmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of light
The 2011 911 turbo S runs 10.6 at almost 130 trap. All out of the box. I see how the GTR cars are great, but there really is no substituting the German overengineering. They are good.

Wasn't there a few lemon GTR cars and a transmission recall? Find it documented on YouTube.

Old 05-23-2011, 05:37 PM
Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !

You are missing the point.

There was an experiment that was conducted where variables were controlled for and standardized. Reproducible results were recorded. Personal results are not comparable unless they are standardized.

And you just contradicted yourself. By your logic:
professional drivers = do 11.0 in gtr
monkey can do 11.0 in a gtr
Therefore monkey = professional driver

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997.2TT PDK 580hps vs ZR1 640hps - video