997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997.2TT PDK 580hps vs ZR1 640hps - video

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 06:07 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
^^^^Well spotted Inglorious! Thought the exact same thing . I guess on a global scale all the motoring journos and press are just tainted toward favoring the TT PDK as the superior car in all respects Once again Jasper is right and the entire world is wrong. Some things will just never change .

Last edited by speed21; 05-23-2011 at 06:10 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:29 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Inglorious
You are missing the point.

There was an experiment that was conducted where variables were controlled for and standardized. Reproducible results were recorded. Personal results are not comparable unless they are standardized.

And you just contradicted yourself. By your logic:
professional drivers = do 11.0 in gtr
monkey can do 11.0 in a gtr
Therefore monkey = professional driver
I didn't know what your point was... But I could get a 11.0, my mother can get a 11.0, a monkey could get a 11.0, and a professional driver can get a 11.0. The only thing that will get a car into the 10's, is good weather, or a reprogrammed LC (but then will not be stock).

Or

Perhaps it is you who missed my point -

It doesn't take a professional to hit a pedal and hold the wheel straight (for either the GT-R, or the Turbo PDK). A broomstick could drive either of those cars (or perhaps even a professional broomstick).

Old 05-23-2011, 07:32 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by speed21
^^^^Well spotted Inglorious! Thought the exact same thing . I guess on a global scale all the motoring journos and press are just tainted toward favoring the TT PDK as the superior car in all respects Once again Jasper is right and the entire world is wrong. Some things will just never change .
You are saying this as if I said anything about either car being superior. If I did, please point it out.

I do not expect you to find anything (and I won't hold my breath waiting for a logical response).

I never, not once, mentioned actual times of a Turbo PDK, nor did I compare them to a GT-R. That wasn't what this thread is about, nor was it what I was asked.

Old 05-23-2011, 07:44 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
^^^Don't worry zzzspeed. He is notorious for hitting every P car, Vette owner, etc etc etc over the head with his "damn" Nissan....always seeking to insert the thin end of his wedge in some clandestine way. And when things inevitably don't go to his liking squawks like a newborn. What is happening here is very typical. Nothing new here.

There is a definition for that. Starts with a TROL

He claims he might be into 911's which is why he posts here so much, and then changes up and says no 911 appeals to him after no one is calling him on it anymore and he feels safe.

Old 05-23-2011, 08:23 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
=carmstrongLS1;3212954]The 2011 911 turbo S runs 10.6 at almost 130 trap. All out of the box. I see how the GTR cars are great, but there really is no substituting the German overengineering. They are good.

Wasn't there a few lemon GTR cars and a transmission recall? Find it documented on YouTube.
Carmstrong it's best not to go anywhere near this as you won't be able to stop the justification least of all keep up the supply of tissues .

On the other point i agree wholeheartedly.

Originally Posted by jaspergtr
I didn't know what your point was... But I could get a 11.0, my mother can get a 11.0, a monkey could get a 11.0, and a professional driver can get a 11.0. The only thing that will get a car into the 10's, is good weather, or a reprogrammed LC (but then will not be stock).

Or

It doesn't take a professional to hit a pedal and hold the wheel straight (for either the GT-R, or the Turbo PDK). A broomstick could drive either of those cars (or perhaps even a professional broomstick).
I'm not sure what your attraction is with monkeys, broomsticks, mother and the likes as it doesn't change the facts where the professional experiments between these cars regarding times, driving impressions and outcomes are concerned.

You are saying this as if I said anything about either car being superior. If I did, please point it out.

I do not expect you to find anything (and I won't hold my breath waiting for a logical response).

I never, not once, mentioned actual times of a Turbo PDK, nor did I compare them to a GT-R. That wasn't what this thread is about, nor was it what I was asked.
Sigh.... Yawn.....

Originally Posted by heavychevy
There is a definition for that. Starts with a TROL

He claims he might be into 911's which is why he posts here so much, and then changes up and says no 911 appeals to him after no one is calling him on it anymore and he feels safe.
Yep...spot on HC! He must think everyone is so incredibly naive or stupid not see through his tactics. And when things inevitably don't go his way he calls upon his minder to stop any further expose to his trolling. My bet is it won't be long now . You can just imagine the tanty he's throwing behind the scenes.....the dummy would be well and truly spat out on the floor.

Last edited by speed21; 05-24-2011 at 05:36 AM.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:24 PM
Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !

Or

And you missed my point again! Those results are meaningless unless standardize the testing parameters. Otherwise you cannot compare times.

Old 05-24-2011, 06:07 AM
And you missed my point again! Those results are meaningless unless standardize the testing parameters. Otherwise you cannot compare times.
I have not read any of the magazines that you might be referring to (I'm not into mag racing). I was never trying to compare any time of any car vs any car. What I simply did is give a known time of the car's capability (regardless of who is driving, and yes, if a professional can't run a better time than me, than it doesn't matter), and answer a question about whether or not the 2012 GT-R could be tuned and if it would be tough to run against. My answer is that the tune should be out any day, and the 2012 with exhaust is already running 10.9's.

What I did say, is that driving either the GT-R or Turbo PDK in a straight line isn't rocket science, and any idiot can do it (translate that any way you choose). But some people still manage to screw things up due to lack of knowledge (equate to not knowing how to work a clutch pedal), by letting LC timeout, not having the VDC button in R mode, etc...

I remember, not too long ago, there was a thread about getting a GT-R into the 9's, but was driven by a professional. People were saying that if anybody else was driving it would be a 10. Turns out, an amateur got in and ran the same time. Don't underestimate how simple it is to drag race these cars.

Old 05-24-2011, 06:10 AM
Yep...spot on HC! He must think everyone is so incredibly naive or stupid not see through his tactics. And when things inevitably don't go his way he calls upon his minder to stop any further expose to his trolling. My bet is it won't be long now . You can just imagine the tanty he's throwing behind the scenes.....the dummy would be well and truly spat out on the floor.
Only you are naive. You made that abundantly clear with your last post (but that's okay, because your rich enough to afford it). There were many incorrect statements you've made (if you need help, let me know, and we can go over it together).

Please explain to me this - what is wrong with what I've said?

The question was asked "can the 2012 be modded like the previous years?"

My response -

The 2012 GT-R can run 11.0
The exhaust will put into the 10's
The tune is due (sometime today according to Joe at Cobb).

Please correct my inaccuracies. Otherwise, keep your useless BS out of this thread.

Old 05-24-2011, 07:13 AM
Banned
Only you are naive. You made that abundantly clear with your last post (but that's okay, because your rich enough to afford it). There were many incorrect statements you've made (if you need help, let me know, and we can go over it together).

Please explain to me this - what is wrong with what I've said?

The question was asked "can the 2012 be modded like the previous years?"

My response -

The 2012 GT-R can run 11.0
The exhaust will put into the 10's
The tune is due (sometime today according to Joe at Cobb).

Please correct my inaccuracies. Otherwise, keep your useless BS out of this thread.
I never asked you any such question nor am i interested in your response, or added justification. Directing a threat that i no longer post here is completely out of order and is offensive. Who do you think you are? Your attempts to direct derogatory remarks regarding your personal assumptions on my financial status is also out of order, unwarranted and irrelevant. Whether you wish to take on board my comments regarding the outcome of recent professional testing of these two cars is neither here or there to me. Your original post here speaks volumes as does your subsequent defensive and offensive attitude. You are a clearly a troll and I know im not the only one here that sees this. So as hard as it evidently is, try to accept your game is up here and move on.

Old 05-24-2011, 07:17 AM
I never asked you any such question nor am i interested in your response, or added justification. Directing a threat that i no longer post here is completely out of order and is offensive. Who do you think you are? Your attempts to direct derogatory remarks regarding your personal assumptions on my financial status is also out of order, unwarranted and irrelevant. Whether you wish to take on board my comments regarding the outcome of recent professional testing of these two cars is neither here or there to me. Your original post here speaks volumes as does your subsequent defensive and offensive attitude. You are a clearly a troll and I know im not the only one here that sees this. So as hard as it evidently is, try to accept your game is up here and move on.
There you have it folks. I couldn't have put it any better.

Thanks for your cooperation, speed.

Old 05-24-2011, 08:36 AM
Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !
I have not read any of the magazines that you might be referring to (I'm not into mag racing). I was never trying to compare any time of any car vs any car. What I simply did is give a known time of the car's capability (regardless of who is driving, and yes, if a professional can't run a better time than me, than it doesn't matter), and answer a question about whether or not the 2012 GT-R could be tuned and if it would be tough to run against. My answer is that the tune should be out any day, and the 2012 with exhaust is already running 10.9's.

What I did say, is that driving either the GT-R or Turbo PDK in a straight line isn't rocket science, and any idiot can do it (translate that any way you choose). But some people still manage to screw things up due to lack of knowledge (equate to not knowing how to work a clutch pedal), by letting LC timeout, not having the VDC button in R mode, etc...

I remember, not too long ago, there was a thread about getting a GT-R into the 9's, but was driven by a professional. People were saying that if anybody else was driving it would be a 10. Turns out, an amateur got in and ran the same time. Don't underestimate how simple it is to drag race these cars.
You are proving my point. It is apples to oranges if the conditions are not the same. I never said flooring it isn't easy. I just said that those numbers don't really mean anything unless conditions and parameters are defined and controlled for. Factors like temperature, wind resistance, wet roads, and other conditions need to be taken into account when dealing with cars of that caliber at that extreme speed. Here is an extreme and obvious example. You get different times when the track is wet than when the track is dry. You cannot compare those two times together because those were measured under different conditions. Thus, it is fallacious to compare amateur times or any other isolated individual times to professional times because it would be an apple to oranges comparison as the conditions are not standardized. Am I right or am I right?

And perhaps you should pick up a magazine or two. Literacy is important , something fewer and fewer people value here in the states.

Old 05-24-2011, 11:47 AM
You are proving my point. It is apples to oranges if the conditions are not the same. I never said flooring it isn't easy. I just said that those numbers don't really mean anything unless conditions and parameters are defined and controlled for. Factors like temperature, wind resistance, wet roads, and other conditions need to be taken into account when dealing with cars of that caliber at that extreme speed. Here is an extreme and obvious example. You get different times when the track is wet than when the track is dry. You cannot compare those two times together because those were measured under different conditions. Thus, it is fallacious to compare amateur times or any other isolated individual times to professional times because it would be an apple to oranges comparison as the conditions are not standardized. Am I right or am I right?

And perhaps you should pick up a magazine or two. Literacy is important , something fewer and fewer people value here in the states.
Point taken.

Literacy is overrated.

I think what I was introducing is that just because it is driven by a 'professional' doesn't make it a known variable or control. Remember the show 'Battle of the Supercars' (or something like that)? Sometimes they didn't know how to engage launching in whatever car they were driving.

If you're talking environmental factors, then I agree. I was only considering the driver, because in the OP's case, he said he was going to run against a 2012 GT-R (which would imply to me, that it would be at the same time, same surface, same environment), so I removed that from the equation of variables. That leaves driver and car (and I was only introducing what the car was capable of, removing the driver as a variable). Because, let's face it - launching that ZR-1 is a whole different ball game than launching a TTPDK or GT-R - ALL driver ALL day.

Old 05-24-2011, 01:06 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Seriously guys?

Only on 6speed can a thread that has nothing to do with the GT-R end up about 911 and the GT-R.

Old 05-24-2011, 01:26 PM
FikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond repute
let's see a real world 10.6 @ whatever MPH on video for the Turbo S.... at the dragstrip, no vbox or magazine tests..... they are not that quick.....

Originally Posted by carmstrongLS1
The 2011 911 turbo S runs 10.6 at almost 130 trap. All out of the box. I see how the GTR cars are great, but there really is no substituting the German overengineering. They are good.

Wasn't there a few lemon GTR cars and a transmission recall? Find it documented on YouTube.

Old 05-24-2011, 01:42 PM
Originally Posted by FikseGTS
let's see a real world 10.6 @ whatever MPH on video for the Turbo S.... at the dragstrip, no vbox or magazine tests..... they are not that quick.....
I somehow missed the Turbo S being brought into this. I have no doubt that it SHOULD outrun a stock GT-R (more hp, less weight, same type of transmission). How fast are they running? (I haven't seen any actual time slips)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997.2TT PDK 580hps vs ZR1 640hps - video