997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport
View Poll Results: Who's gonna win (best time on 1 mile, not trap speed)
Bugatti Veyron Super Sport
9.62%
Lamborghini Gallardo UGR TT R version 1550 whp
67.31%
997 Turbo Switzer R911
21.15%
Nissan GT-R AMS alpha 10
1.92%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Moscow Unlim 500+ May 14-15

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 08:53 PM
kouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant future
I can't freaking believe the following to videos:

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/u2r582YM0bw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/R5EKy3sU4Pk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The way that the GTT sounds is just rediculus! I would **** my pants just standing there!

OF course the Porkie is a killer too, but really? The GTT sounds I N S A N E !!!

Old 05-18-2011, 07:20 AM
kouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant future
I agree with the previous comments about launching.

A car should be able to perform in all conditions, from how it launches to it's top speed. For the time being Porches are untouchable.

The GTT should have been a manual. These cars without even a real launch can run 9s any time of the day, or even flat 10s without even trying... We have seen it many times... And with the insane top end they could win such events...

Until that happens the Porsches and GTRs are dominant!

IMO egear GTTs are best suited for the streets or for rolling events, anything from a dead stop requires a manual... That's why UR themselves are out to buy only manual cars! LOL

Old 05-18-2011, 07:55 AM
Kentusha77rus has much to be proud ofKentusha77rus has much to be proud ofKentusha77rus has much to be proud ofKentusha77rus has much to be proud ofKentusha77rus has much to be proud ofKentusha77rus has much to be proud ofKentusha77rus has much to be proud ofKentusha77rus has much to be proud ofKentusha77rus has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Guy
That's your choice and I'm happy to respect it.

However in most of Europe and especially in the UK, most people never 'launch' their cars, .
Thanks, they just don't have so much oil like in Russia

Old 05-18-2011, 07:57 AM
Kentusha77rus has much to be proud ofKentusha77rus has much to be proud ofKentusha77rus has much to be proud ofKentusha77rus has much to be proud ofKentusha77rus has much to be proud ofKentusha77rus has much to be proud ofKentusha77rus has much to be proud ofKentusha77rus has much to be proud ofKentusha77rus has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by uaeturbo
Wow nice numbers.
What was your ET @ 1/4 mile?
We are still waiting for results, but for sure my trap was about 234 km/h

And that's all was on a stock block.

Old 05-18-2011, 07:59 AM
Originally Posted by TwinTurboM3
awesome Andrey. Congrats.

can you send your dbn file to Scott for verification?
Don't know why, but my racelogic doesn't write the results, I have only a few pics of it.

Old 05-18-2011, 08:00 AM
Originally Posted by cesmorris
Uh, now you tell us! Next time give us some more lead time to make travel arrangements!!!!
Ok, pack ur bags in September.

Old 05-18-2011, 08:10 AM
That's one of the runs I did with GT-R Switzer R850, with whom we were competeting last September for the first place

No launch on this run, pure horsepower.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34L8cTae5BU

Old 05-18-2011, 08:47 AM
TwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by TwinTurboM3
Best 0-60 in 2.6

0-124 - 7.7

0-186 (300km) -17.7

60-130 in 4.9

If 0-60 is 2.6 s and 0-124 is 7.7 s this means 60-124 mph is 5,1 seconds

60-130 should be higher than 5,1 s. Approx 5,3 to 5,5s.

Are you sure the 60-130 was 4,9?

According to the above numbers posted by you, there is a confusion.

bump....

Old 05-18-2011, 08:48 AM
997slover is a glorious beacon of light997slover is a glorious beacon of light997slover is a glorious beacon of light997slover is a glorious beacon of light997slover is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Kentusha77rus
That's one of the runs I did with GT-R Switzer R850, with whom we were competeting last September for the first place

No launch on this run, pure horsepower.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34L8cTae5BU

very, very, very cool video!!!!

more videos?

Old 05-18-2011, 09:49 AM
I just love this red Porsche! LOL

Old 05-18-2011, 01:18 PM
Top Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud of
This is quoted from the homepage of the event...

"Distance of 1 mile, with no speed limits, try to break through the barrier at 300 km / h!"

I just wonder why it's promoted as a mph/km event when mph/km has nothing to do w/ determining a winner. I guess it's no different than holding a beauty pageant where the best answers determine a winner! Lol

Nice videos btw

Kyle

Old 05-18-2011, 01:23 PM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
Kyle, it seems it is just a longer version of our American 1/4 mile drag, first to the line wins, so in essence the quickest wins, however they have a 300 km/h club for those that have broken that mark, so it is rather confusing...

Hope to see a strong showing from the lambos for the fall event, there will also be a similar event in June, a German mile event in Berlin, so might be more speed than ET.

Old 05-18-2011, 01:36 PM
Top Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Neil Switzer
Kyle, it seems it is just a longer version of our American 1/4 mile drag, first to the line wins, so in essence the quickest wins, however they have a 300 km/h club for those that have broken that mark, so it is rather confusing...

Hope to see a strong showing from the lambos for the fall event, there will also be a similar event in June, a German mile event in Berlin, so might be more speed than ET.
Gotcha. Thanks Neil. I guess that works too. That explains the side by side action. Man will find infinite ways to make comparisons when it comes to cars! Not that that's a bad thing.

Kyle

Old 05-18-2011, 05:54 PM
POWERHOUR is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by kouzman@yahoo.c
I agree with the previous comments about launching.

A car should be able to perform in all conditions, from how it launches to it's top speed. For the time being Porches are untouchable.

The GTT should have been a manual. These cars without even a real launch can run 9s any time of the day, or even flat 10s without even trying... We have seen it many times... And with the insane top end they could win such events...

Until that happens the Porsches and GTRs are dominant!

IMO egear GTTs are best suited for the streets or for rolling events, anything from a dead stop requires a manual... That's why UR themselves are out to buy only manual cars! LOL
You have no idea what you are talking about.

Old 05-18-2011, 11:09 PM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Some videos of the event ???

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Moscow Unlim 500+ May 14-15