997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Thinking of going 600awhp, thoughts?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 05:50 PM
sam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to behold
Thinking of going 600awhp, thoughts?

So i was just in the 997.1 vs 997.2 intercooler thread and the idea came up that i could actually get my car to 600awhp in a wallet friendly manner!

However i have more than a few questions lol.
So whoever wants to help out is welcome, and i will buy you coffee if your local and know what your talking about hahah

So i have 2007 turbo with 30k miles currently, but i have faith in the old champ's reliability.

Currently have OE tuning tune(custom tune by local tuner named Jeremy, knowledgeable guy)
and FVD brombacher catless exhaust.
Also just vinyled my roof and hood matte black, so thats good for another 40whp minimum and probably +4 points to handling.

I want to reach a new level of power without breaking the bank, so these are my thoughts.

Plan:
-Replace exhaust with custom 3" system without cats ofcourse
-Buy 997.2 turbo intercoolers
-buy some upgraded turbos, possibly AWD 65mm, or 63.5mm. idk yet
-have car re-tuned on dyno
-new clutch

Am i missing anything here?
Does it seem like a solid plan?

much love to 6speed community lol
-Sam

Last edited by sam12345; 05-10-2011 at 02:42 PM.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:34 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Japanese characters on magnetic stickers would add about another 10 hp, but unfortunately, your doors are aluminum.

bob

Old 05-09-2011, 06:36 PM
sam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by bbywu
Japanese characters on magnetic stickers would add about another 10 hp, but unfortunately, your doors are aluminum.

bob
Steel door conversio time?

Old 05-09-2011, 06:51 PM
skeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond repute
I believe you would be more or less around 550-575awhp with these mods...All depends on your tune...Some parts are going to work better with others...Also your looking at an easy 10g's right there..

Last edited by skeeter; 05-09-2011 at 06:54 PM.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:02 PM
GT-TT is infamous around these partsGT-TT is infamous around these parts
a better stereo system is probably worth another 30-40hp lol

Old 05-09-2011, 07:49 PM
Originally Posted by skeeter
I believe you would be more or less around 550-575awhp with these mods...All depends on your tune...Some parts are going to work better with others...Also your looking at an easy 10g's right there..
I was hoping for more towards 600. But how would it be 10k? I was thinking 2500 turbos, 1k custom exhaust, 1k intercoolers and a few hundred retune.

Old 05-09-2011, 08:04 PM
skeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sam12345
I was hoping for more towards 600. But how would it be 10k? I was thinking 2500 turbos, 1k custom exhaust, 1k intercoolers and a few hundred retune.
If you can get a retune for a few hundred, that seems extremely cheap...I personally wouldn't have Oe tuning do my car on something like this...Most shops charge more for an exhaust but if you can find someone to make one for 1g thats great! It's tough to say with "custom" parts combined, that have never been tested together, how it will perform...Turbos can cost up to 5g's depending on who/where you go...Plus you have to factor the cost to install all of this...With all the research I did, it's amazing how fast it starts to add up!

Old 05-10-2011, 02:45 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to the club

Old 05-10-2011, 05:51 AM
airmitch is a name known to allairmitch is a name known to allairmitch is a name known to allairmitch is a name known to allairmitch is a name known to allairmitch is a name known to all
Originally Posted by bbywu

bob
All you need to install these are the new aluminum magnets. Saw them on the Internet - with testimonials!

Old 05-10-2011, 06:33 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
I would recommend doing a package system from a reputable tuner. When you piece together stuff you spend the majority of your time troubleshooting and doing R&D that someone else has already done for you. More time for you to enjoy the car rather than constantly trying to re-tweak. Time=Money

Old 05-10-2011, 10:41 AM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
I don't see how you can do this at a budget if done right with quality parts from established tuners/manufacturers. I would also recommend that you go with a tune from a well respected tuner. That is one part of the mod that I would not skimp $$ on.

Old 05-10-2011, 10:56 AM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
So i was just in the 997.1 vs 997.2 intercooler thread and the idea came up that i could actually get my car to 600awhp in a wallet friendly manner!

However i have more than a few questions lol.
So whoever wants to help out is welcome, and i will buy you coffee if your local and know what your talking about hahah

So i have 2007 turbo with 30k miles currently, but i have faith in the old champ's reliability.

Currently have OE tuning tune(custom tune by local tuner named Jeremy, knowledgeable guy)
and FVD brombacher catless exhaust.
Also just vinyled my roof and hood matte black, so thats good for another 40whp minimum and probably +4 points to handling.

I want to reach a new level of power without breaking the bank, so these are my thoughts.

Plan:
-Replace exhaust with custom 3" system without cats ofcourse
-Buy 997.2 turbo intercoolers
-buy some upgraded turbos, possibly AWE 65mm, or 63.5mm. idk yet
-have car re-tuned on dyno
-new clutch

Am i missing anything here?
Does it seem like a solid plan?

much love to 6speed community lol
-Sam
Sam,

Do you think we can speak on the phone? I want to explain the up's and down's of doing it that way versus buying a ready to run kit.

Email me if you want, too.
Mike@AWE-Tuning.com

Old 05-10-2011, 02:52 PM
GT-TT is infamous around these partsGT-TT is infamous around these parts
strongly recommend you do this with a good tuner.. Very big chance 1 of many things can go wrong and you dont get the max performance potential or worse..

Old 05-11-2011, 04:39 PM
Originally Posted by GT-TT
strongly recommend you do this with a good tuner.. Very big chance 1 of many things can go wrong and you dont get the max performance potential or worse..
I definitely hear you on this, i left a message for my tuner to see if he would be able to adequately perform this re-tuning with these mods. Will wait for his reply.
None the less, he custom tunes custom made supercharged m3's all day long(from the shop he works with Gintani), and he has tuned a few turbos in the past.
But idk i guess lets just see.

Regardless, do you guys think just 997.2 intercoolers would add power to a 997.1 turbo with just tune and catless exhaust?
-Sam

Old 05-11-2011, 06:34 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Regardless, do you guys think just 997.2 intercoolers would add power to a 997.1 turbo with just tune and catless exhaust?
-Sam
In theory, yes, because your IATs would be lower given all else being equal.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Thinking of going 600awhp, thoughts?