997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

What else besides Europipe?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 10:11 AM
bosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by pepper1
Where is the best place to purchase the EP's? Considering it for for .2TT.
I am selling my virtually new Europipe for the .2TT due to sale of my car.

Contact me if interested.

Old 05-14-2011, 12:22 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Give BBI a consideration. BBI Autosport out of Huntington Beach , CA makes several systems that you can customize to your liking.

Bonehead, a member here is running one of their systems in AZ. Maybe you can get a listen form his car.

Old 05-14-2011, 12:32 PM
prochipharma is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by M32911S
I am interested in doing a few mods to my turbo shortly down the road: exhaust, suspension, and some power mods. I have read numerous threads and it seems there is a general agreement that the Europipe exhaust is the best one out there for the 997 turbo. The downside at least for me is that if I were to get a EP, I would likely get the EP2 as I want something that is not super quiet (as it appears the EP1 is) and the only tips you can use on it are the enlarged OEM style ones provided. Also, it is imho very expensive for a stainless exhaust.

So now the question I have is what is the general opinion on what the next best exhaust systems are for the 997.1 turbo? I want something that is quality...good welds, not a bunch of clamps, high flow cats that make the most power without triggering a CEL, etc. Eventually my goals are to get north of 600whp so I would like an exhaust that can support that power when the time comes instead of having to go with something else at the time. I look forward to some input on this!
Is it possible to have techart pipe with EP2 for my 997.1 TT??

Old 05-14-2011, 12:37 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by prochipharma
Is it possible to have techart pipe with EP2 for my 997.1 TT??
I'm sure it could be modified at a cost but outlet on EP2 is larger than OEM so I imagine techart tailpipe would not fit.

Old 05-14-2011, 01:01 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GotBoost?
Give BBI a consideration. BBI Autosport out of Huntington Beach , CA makes several systems that you can customize to your liking.

Bonehead, a member here is running one of their systems in AZ. Maybe you can get a listen form his car.
I'd be happy to oblige. But I live in the Valley which is a good 2 hours north of Tucson.

Old 05-14-2011, 01:36 PM
M32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by bonehead
I'd be happy to oblige. But I live in the Valley which is a good 2 hours north of Tucson.
If we can get some sort of a lunch meet going one weekend I will drive up there along with the wife and make a day trip out of it.

Old 05-14-2011, 01:38 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by M32911S
If we can get some sort of a lunch meet going one weekend I will drive up there along with the wife and make a day trip out of it.
Sounds good. Let me know.

Old 05-14-2011, 03:53 PM
bosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by mllarson
My EP2 was worth every penny, and is getting better with age... Best sound I have ever heard from a 997TT - and actually rivals my RS4 with Miltek. This is one area NOT to cut corners on a TT, IMO...

+1 ..Totally agree....some people just won't listen and will just have to learn the hard and more expensive way.

Sad thing is I have a mint one for sale (for a .2TT). People are trying to give low ball offers when I already have it very reasonably priced. They will wind up purchasing a system for maybe a few hundred dollars less, regret it and wind up switching in the end anyway thus making it more expensive.

Go figure ??

Last edited by bosco42; 05-14-2011 at 04:41 PM.
Old 05-14-2011, 09:20 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bosco42
+1 ..Totally agree....some people just won't listen and will just have to learn the hard and more expensive way.

Sad thing is I have a mint one for sale (for a .2TT). People are trying to give low ball offers when I already have it very reasonably priced. They will wind up purchasing a system for maybe a few hundred dollars less, regret it and wind up switching in the end anyway thus making it more expensive.

Go figure ??
Yep....you can lead the horse to water....
Everyone wants to belive there are cheaper and better alternativesbut it just doesn't work that way. As they say.. "Live and learn"...

btw bosco is the 430 all you thought it would be? Worth the change?

Last edited by speed21; 05-14-2011 at 11:52 PM.
Old 05-14-2011, 09:42 PM
LosPer is a jewel in the roughLosPer is a jewel in the roughLosPer is a jewel in the roughLosPer is a jewel in the rough
For those that have done it, how difficult a job is it to swap out a stock exhaust for the EP1 or EP2? I have some skills (I do mods to my motorcycles all the time), but have never wrenched seriously on a car of this caliber...

Old 05-15-2011, 12:00 AM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LosPer
For those that have done it, how difficult a job is it to swap out a stock exhaust for the EP1 or EP2? I have some skills (I do mods to my motorcycles all the time), but have never wrenched seriously on a car of this caliber...
Not for the faint hearted but all in all its an absolute dream install compared to the others as everything fits so beautifully plus you get all the special tools to get at those hard to access turbo studs/nuts..plus instructions, the gaskets, a new set of nuts and studs all supplied etc, which the others don't give you. There are a few threads on the install if you dig a little. Well worth the extra dollars and them some.

Old 05-15-2011, 03:51 AM
zooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant future
I like Europipe alot, but to me this is definitely the best sounding exhaust available for our cars, mine sounds just like it! It is definitely on the louder side. Contact Rhonda at FVD to hook you up with what suits you best! I would go for the 100Cell Loudest export version along with a set of headers which make it even a bit more 'gargly', as I like to call it. I promise you that you will be stunned with the sound. Here is the export sound version with 200cell cats: ( I mean come on, listen to that thing!!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=140RAgvvYDI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIpY7...eature=related

Otherwise get a Speedtech, Markski (911tuning.com) or Proto X-styled exhaust built to your desired sound level!

Hope that helps

Best,
Yannick

Old 05-15-2011, 05:20 AM
MGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to behold
Europipe

Old 05-15-2011, 11:32 AM
LosPer is a jewel in the roughLosPer is a jewel in the roughLosPer is a jewel in the roughLosPer is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by speed21
Not for the faint hearted but all in all its an absolute dream install compared to the others as everything fits so beautifully plus you get all the special tools to get at those hard to access turbo studs/nuts..plus instructions, the gaskets, a new set of nuts and studs all supplied etc, which the others don't give you. There are a few threads on the install if you dig a little. Well worth the extra dollars and them some.
Thanks man. I will dig. Other issue is I don't have a lift...which I'm guessing is required for the job. Thanks again.

Old 05-15-2011, 11:48 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LosPer
Thanks man. I will dig. Other issue is I don't have a lift...which I'm guessing is required for the job. Thanks again.
It can be done without a lift. Stef sent me detailed instructions and pictures...but I really didn't have the proper tools so I let the dealer install.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What else besides Europipe?