997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

What else besides Europipe?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 01:09 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
lift is not required. plan on 4 hrs.

Old 05-15-2011, 05:14 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LosPer
Thanks man. I will dig. Other issue is I don't have a lift...which I'm guessing is required for the job. Thanks again.
If i was a first timer on this job and didn't have a lift or the right spread of tools i'd pay someone who did. Its the kind of job where things can easily get out of hand if you hit a snag with some of the studs....which is most likely. You really need to have experience in tackling that problem when it arises. Thats where access can make or break you. Working on your back wouldn't be much fun at all imho....but im spoilt with having all the gear and a spare set of hands when i need it. I'm aware there are many here that have done the job without a lift however they aren't first timers. The beauty of the EP is that you get the special access tools and all the parts for the job and the system fits up properly without any need to adjust anything else. That is half the battle. Even with a lift i'd plan on a day which allows you the time to get your head around tackling certain issues like the correct removal and fitment of the 02 sensors and dealing with the likey stud issues that will undoubtedly arise. It can be quite an interesting and fun job if you go in with your eyes open and, with the right equipment. If you intend going in expecting a 4 hr cakewalk then get ready for a dose of reality.

Old 05-15-2011, 06:57 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LosPer
For those that have done it, how difficult a job is it to swap out a stock exhaust for the EP1 or EP2? I have some skills (I do mods to my motorcycles all the time), but have never wrenched seriously on a car of this caliber...
It's real easy. Just get the check book out!

Old 05-15-2011, 08:16 PM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
If you haven't done it before, just take it in somewhere. It is very do-able but there are potential pitfalls.

Old 05-15-2011, 10:32 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TT Gasman
If you haven't done it before, just take it in somewhere. It is very do-able but there are potential pitfalls.
Yes it goes something along the line of this for starters:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ggestions.html .

Best to put the stopwatch away when doing a job like this and just settle back, relax, tool up, and take it all as it comes. Very rarely things go to plan but you can make the job fun if you approach it the right way.

Old 05-16-2011, 04:19 AM
Serpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant future
LOL...We've all done that before...Props for the efforts

Old 05-17-2011, 03:00 AM
idivethesea is infamous around these parts
I just had the EP2 installed on my 997.1 this month along with another ~180HP . I cannot imagine a better sound for this car! Working with Stef has been fantastic as well.

My car is in Scottsdale if you want to drive up and have a listen......

Old 05-17-2011, 09:15 AM
moonpool145 is infamous around these parts
Other Options

I know this is an EP lovefest, but I have another suggestion. If you like it just a tad louder the Tubi race exaust is a great option. I have listened to the EP and yes it sounds great, but I like the sound of the Tubi a bit better (mind you its probably because I have too since its on my car). Just the right sound level and absolutley no drone. At highway speeds in high gear its no louder tha stock and I can easily carry on cell phone conversation. But when you spin it up it sounds evil. My $.02 is first to listen to as many as you can and forget about price (unless you are looking at Ti). Secondly, dont underestimate local dealer service. My choice ultimatly came down to my dealer (Champion) backing the car and the install. That with the sound and the power upgrade out weighed the EP chorus.

Enjoy

Old 05-17-2011, 09:29 AM
bosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to behold
Tubi race exhaust replaces the cats with bypass pipes so there are no cats.

This is not meant for street use and presents a problem when the car needs to pass state inspection.

Also would cause warranty issues.

Old 05-17-2011, 09:35 AM
moonpool145 is infamous around these parts
Your correct about state inspection issues if your state is tough on that. I far too often believe in the "better to beg forgiveness than ask permission camp". That being said, no issues for me as yet in FL. You can certainly smell that their are no cats on startup though. As to warranty issue, there I disagree. After losing a motor due to a bad oil pump at 1K miles I wanted to make triple sure that any mods to the car would not affect warranty. This is why everything was done through Champion.

Old 05-17-2011, 09:59 AM
APRTunedVW is infamous around these parts
i have heard two turbo exhausts, a FVD Ti system on a turbo cab and a Fabspeed as well. I didn't get to ride in either car to experience them on the highway or if there was any drone, but they both sounded pretty good while accelerating away. The only experience i have had with a Tubi is on a Cayman S and his car sounds amazing.

Old 05-17-2011, 10:57 AM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
What does Tubi use for cats? My Europipe uses 997RSR 100 cell units

Old 05-17-2011, 11:48 AM
nflpats is infamous around these parts
Whats the deal with the Agency Power exhaust from Vividracing? Anyone have this exhaust?