997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

What else besides Europipe?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 01:41 PM
M32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to behold
What else besides Europipe?

I am interested in doing a few mods to my turbo shortly down the road: exhaust, suspension, and some power mods. I have read numerous threads and it seems there is a general agreement that the Europipe exhaust is the best one out there for the 997 turbo. The downside at least for me is that if I were to get a EP, I would likely get the EP2 as I want something that is not super quiet (as it appears the EP1 is) and the only tips you can use on it are the enlarged OEM style ones provided. Also, it is imho very expensive for a stainless exhaust.

So now the question I have is what is the general opinion on what the next best exhaust systems are for the 997.1 turbo? I want something that is quality...good welds, not a bunch of clamps, high flow cats that make the most power without triggering a CEL, etc. Eventually my goals are to get north of 600whp so I would like an exhaust that can support that power when the time comes instead of having to go with something else at the time. I look forward to some input on this!

Old 05-13-2011, 05:10 PM
PSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nice
I have a Miltek system w/200 cel cats. Love the sound and quality is awesome. Not sure what the power limits are with this system. I'm sure many of those who have gone down the power path will chime in...

I did exhaust first, then suspension and wheels, and will likely get a tune this summer.

Saw the pics you posted...very nice. I used to live in AZ and go to Tucson often, actually I'll be there next weekend to visit friends. Many nice roads to explore in AZ and beyond. You head up to Mt Lemon yet?

Enjoy!

Old 05-13-2011, 05:35 PM
M32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by PSTT07
I have a Miltek system w/200 cel cats. Love the sound and quality is awesome. Not sure what the power limits are with this system. I'm sure many of those who have gone down the power path will chime in...

I did exhaust first, then suspension and wheels, and will likely get a tune this summer.

Saw the pics you posted...very nice. I used to live in AZ and go to Tucson often, actually I'll be there next weekend to visit friends. Many nice roads to explore in AZ and beyond. You head up to Mt Lemon yet?

Enjoy!
I went up to Mt. Lemmon last August with my e92 M3. The local CCA chapter had a drive/picnic up there. I will definitely head back sometime this year with the turbo as well since it is right next door. How much was the Miltek unit?

Old 05-13-2011, 05:43 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by M32911S
I am interested in doing a few mods to my turbo shortly down the road: exhaust, suspension, and some power mods. I have read numerous threads and it seems there is a general agreement that the Europipe exhaust is the best one out there for the 997 turbo. The downside at least for me is that if I were to get a EP, I would likely get the EP2 as I want something that is not super quiet (as it appears the EP1 is) and the only tips you can use on it are the enlarged OEM style ones provided. Also, it is imho very expensive for a stainless exhaust.

So now the question I have is what is the general opinion on what the next best exhaust systems are for the 997.1 turbo? I want something that is quality...good welds, not a bunch of clamps, high flow cats that make the most power without triggering a CEL, etc. Eventually my goals are to get north of 600whp so I would like an exhaust that can support that power when the time comes instead of having to go with something else at the time. I look forward to some input on this!
Well you just described the EP system. You can get single 85mm round tips with the EP2. Contact Stef for info. PM me your email and I'll send you some pictures. I've had 2 EP2 systems on 997.1 TT's. Perfect fit, never a CEL, sound great.

Old 05-13-2011, 05:50 PM
PSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nice
I'll send you a PM

Old 05-13-2011, 07:07 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
The EP runs under 4k, same price range as others .
I have had several, the next best would be a early tubi dual can system if you can find one.
Everything else is going to tend to drone .

Old 05-13-2011, 07:15 PM
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
The EP runs under 4k, same price range as others .
I have had several, the next best would be a early tubi dual can system if you can find one.
Everything else is going to tend to drone .
EP system has come up a LOT in price thanks to the weak dollar versus the Euro. EP1 is 3400 Euros and EP2 is a bit over 4000 Euros. I am a bit surprised at how much more expensive the exhaust system is for the turbo versus a 997 C2S.

Old 05-13-2011, 07:24 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !

If thats your criteria then you already have your answer. If you truly think EP1/2 is too expensive then i suggest you have a look at one first before making that call. Then go and compare what you ve seen against the others. I garantee you will walk away with a totally different understanding (realise just how incredibly cheap it actually is in comparison). Same thing goes with your thinking of super quiteness as you cant possibly have heard an EP1 to say that....unless of course you mean that it doesn't drone on the inside which is a problem for your particular liking? The bulk of the noise is really best kept on the outside imho.

Old 05-13-2011, 07:41 PM
Originally Posted by speed21
If thats your criteria then you already have your answer. If you truly think EP1/2 is too expensive then i suggest you have a look at one first before making that call. Then go and compare what you ve seen against the others. I garantee you will walk away with a totally different understanding (realise just how incredibly cheap it actually is in comparison). Same thing goes with your thinking of super quiteness as you cant possibly have heard an EP1 to say that....unless of course you mean that it doesn't drone on the inside which is a problem for your particular liking? The bulk of the noise is really best kept on the outside imho.
Well considering I have not heard ANY 997 turbo exhausts in person, the only car's I can reference are:

1. My 997 C2S with x51 headers, AWE cats, AWE mufflers: Sounded great, I think a perfect balance of not being overly loud, little drone, nice tone.

2. My e92 M3: I had three different exhausts on this car. First was an Eisenmann Race...it was too loud with the high flow Fabspeed cats, too much drone. I later switched to Dinan mufflers and kept the Fabspeed cats. Sounded perfect imho.

3. When I purchased my turbo, someone pulled into the dealership with a 997.1 GT3 with aftermarket exhaust...dunno which it was, but the salesguy said he believes the guy was running a GMG. It was loud as hell but damn did it sound great!

I want something on the louder side for the turbo. I want high flow cats instead of catless, and a louder muffler as opposed to muffler bypass. More than likely I will end up with either EP1, EP2, or Tubi. It would become a lot easier if a used one came on the market for a good price.

Old 05-13-2011, 07:46 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Well considering I have not heard ANY 997 turbo exhausts in person, the only car's I can reference are:

1. My 997 C2S with x51 headers, AWE cats, AWE mufflers: Sounded great, I think a perfect balance of not being overly loud, little drone, nice tone.

2. My e92 M3: I had three different exhausts on this car. First was an Eisenmann Race...it was too loud with the high flow Fabspeed cats, too much drone. I later switched to Dinan mufflers and kept the Fabspeed cats. Sounded perfect imho.

3. When I purchased my turbo, someone pulled into the dealership with a 997.1 GT3 with aftermarket exhaust...dunno which it was, but the salesguy said he believes the guy was running a GMG. It was loud as hell but damn did it sound great!

I want something on the louder side for the turbo. I want high flow cats instead of catless, and a louder muffler as opposed to muffler bypass. More than likely I will end up with either EP1, EP2, or Tubi. It would become a lot easier if a used one came on the market for a good price.
Sounds a lot like how i was. I stepped out of a c2s with tubi system inc headers. Sounded great. The problem is the turbo is an entirely different animal where these systems are concerned...so i found out the hard way. You may need to work your way through a few systems before you land up with an EP. An expensive way of doing it but hey...you wont be alone. Im in that club and i believe TT surgeon is a member as well. Happy hunting. You will find cheaper in this case is definitely not better.

Old 05-13-2011, 08:33 PM
mllarson has a brilliant futuremllarson has a brilliant futuremllarson has a brilliant futuremllarson has a brilliant futuremllarson has a brilliant futuremllarson has a brilliant futuremllarson has a brilliant futuremllarson has a brilliant futuremllarson has a brilliant futuremllarson has a brilliant futuremllarson has a brilliant future
My EP2 was worth every penny, and is getting better with age... Best sound I have ever heard from a 997TT - and actually rivals my RS4 with Miltek. This is one area NOT to cut corners on a TT, IMO...

Old 05-13-2011, 11:34 PM
TT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond repute
Cool

EP2 also comes with these tips if you're not too fond of the stock look ..

Old 05-14-2011, 12:17 AM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Step up to the EP2L.

Old 05-14-2011, 07:00 AM
pepper1 is infamous around these parts
Where is the best place to purchase the EP's? Considering it for for .2TT.

Old 05-14-2011, 07:07 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by pepper1
Where is the best place to purchase the EP's? Considering it for for .2TT.
Direct - see their website in the right side banner.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What else besides Europipe?