997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

And it's down to 2 - help me decide

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 07:26 PM
corstiaanw is infamous around these parts
Slate!

Old 05-23-2011, 07:29 PM
PSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nice
Some things to consider also. As you search you'll find many vehicles with lower mileage and CPO. If an extended warranty is something you care about I would research this before making the final decision. You can find some that are CPO with similar options for that price. Typically the higher the mileage the more the extended warranty runs. Some don't care and simply want a clean inspection. I believe I read you're going to track the car. If so, look closely at the brakes. The PCCBs are awesome but I don't know their life span on the track. Some may chime in about that but something to consider nonetheless as replacing these brakes is very expensive.

Old 05-23-2011, 09:23 PM
lexart has a reputation beyond reputelexart has a reputation beyond reputelexart has a reputation beyond reputelexart has a reputation beyond reputelexart has a reputation beyond reputelexart has a reputation beyond reputelexart has a reputation beyond reputelexart has a reputation beyond reputelexart has a reputation beyond reputelexart has a reputation beyond reputelexart has a reputation beyond repute
'07 slate all the way!

Old 05-23-2011, 09:33 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
I'd never buy a black car again. They're only pretty just after you wash them.

Old 05-24-2011, 04:05 PM
ed997tt is a splendid one to beholded997tt is a splendid one to beholded997tt is a splendid one to beholded997tt is a splendid one to beholded997tt is a splendid one to beholded997tt is a splendid one to beholded997tt is a splendid one to behold
mine is slate and it never looks like any color than gray in any light. When next to silver or meteor you can see that it has a warmer look due to some brown in the color but it never looks other than gray. It is a great color.

Old 05-26-2011, 12:09 PM
Michael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant future
Done deal on the Slate. Picking up the car tomorrow. Of course pics to follow.

Old 05-26-2011, 12:47 PM
DLJ
DLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to behold
Congrats on the purchase. That is a great color and well-optioned car you found. Enjoy!

Old 05-26-2011, 07:16 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Roslyn Porsche?

Old 05-26-2011, 07:18 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Michael_s
Done deal on the Slate. Picking up the car tomorrow. Of course pics to follow.
Fantastic! Congrats. Looking forward to new owner pics and impressions

Old 05-27-2011, 04:44 AM
Michael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
Roslyn Porsche?
Thanks everyone. Yup, Roslyn. They have been great to work with. My sales guy is Darren. They added Ipod, Tint, etc. in 2 days for me. I used to live around the corner many years ago. The price of the car is ok (obviously negotiated off the asking price shown on the PorscheUSA site) but not the lowest around. But ther car is perfect with great options so I decided to pay probably 3K more than other cars but it was worth it to me. Color, Diff lock, low mileage, clear bra, pccb, etc. and of course I didn't have to fly and drive/truck the car made it worth it. Also, I feel more comfortable that if anything happens the selling dealer is not too far away.

Can't wait to pick it up today!

Old 05-27-2011, 07:32 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
I have to stop by thee today as well, maybe I'll see ya. They are one of the best, easiest to work with dealers around. The service dept has hooked me up several times post-warranty.

Old 05-27-2011, 09:15 AM
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
I have to stop by thee today as well, maybe I'll see ya. They are one of the best, easiest to work with dealers around. The service dept has hooked me up several times post-warranty.
Sounds good TT. I should be there around 1. Hopefully we see each other. If not, please keep me in mind for some track events! Thanks.

Old 05-27-2011, 10:07 AM
M32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to behold
Congrats. You ended up buying from Darren in the end huh lol. I remember you were quite ticked off at him earlier.

Old 05-27-2011, 10:50 AM
Originally Posted by M32911S
Congrats. You ended up buying from Darren in the end huh lol. I remember you were quite ticked off at him earlier.
Yes, I was upset when I was close to buying a TT and he told me it was clean and I was all set and the Carfax showed an accident. At the end of the day it's the right car and he has been great. Leaving now.

Old 05-27-2011, 12:03 PM
M32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Michael_s
Yes, I was upset when I was close to buying a TT and he told me it was clean and I was all set and the Carfax showed an accident. At the end of the day it's the right car and he has been great. Leaving now.
Look forward to the pics. Darren was pretty cool, but I can't say the same for their manager Mike.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: And it's down to 2 - help me decide