997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

And it's down to 2 - help me decide

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 04:33 PM
512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of
Conrats mate !

Old 05-28-2011, 08:11 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
congrats
good luck
now how bout some pics!!!!

Old 05-30-2011, 12:46 PM
chesterTT has a spectacular aura aboutchesterTT has a spectacular aura aboutchesterTT has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Michael_s
Thanks everyone. Yup, Roslyn. They have been great to work with. My sales guy is Darren. They added Ipod, Tint, etc. in 2 days for me. I used to live around the corner many years ago. The price of the car is ok (obviously negotiated off the asking price shown on the PorscheUSA site) but not the lowest around. But ther car is perfect with great options so I decided to pay probably 3K more than other cars but it was worth it to me. Color, Diff lock, low mileage, clear bra, pccb, etc. and of course I didn't have to fly and drive/truck the car made it worth it. Also, I feel more comfortable that if anything happens the selling dealer is not too far away.

Can't wait to pick it up today!
Congratulations, Slate is a great color, and it looks like a great build sheet. If you don't mind sharing, how much were you able to negotiate the price down to? It seems as if prices have actually been rising over the past few months, and I am just trying to get an idea. When the dealers ask for $90k, how much are they willing to take?

Thanks in advance. I have narrowed my search to Slate and Meteor, or maybe GT Silver (I think).

Old 05-30-2011, 02:00 PM
Michael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by chesterTT
Congratulations, Slate is a great color, and it looks like a great build sheet. If you don't mind sharing, how much were you able to negotiate the price down to? It seems as if prices have actually been rising over the past few months, and I am just trying to get an idea. When the dealers ask for $90k, how much are they willing to take?

Thanks in advance. I have narrowed my search to Slate and Meteor, or maybe GT Silver (I think).
Just got back from Boston. Put 500 miles on the car. All I can say is WOW!

chestertt, generally speaking I was able to negotiate 3-7% off the asking price. This particular car, Roslyn would not go as low as other cars I saw, but this car was well worth the extra cash and after this weekend it was totally worth it. Also, I was finacing any car I purchased and this is an important part of the deal as dealers are not shy marking up the buy rate. However Roslyn was kind enough to give me the buy rate of 2.8% over 66 months (same as 60 as I went with the longer term). Many dealers were trying to sell me 3.9, 4.9 and even 5.9% (crazy!) which makes a big difference.

Going to relax now, watch Yankee game and wash the car a little later and take some pics. Here's a shot from Bean Town.

Name:  2007 911 TT in Boston.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  233.9 KB

Old 06-05-2011, 08:41 AM
chesterTT has a spectacular aura aboutchesterTT has a spectacular aura aboutchesterTT has a spectacular aura about
Michael_s, thanks for the response, and congratulations again. What are your first impressions of Slate Grey? I have had trouble finding a local one to look at with my own eyes. I know I like Meteor Grey, but Slate looks so different in different pictures in different lighting.

I am struggling with my decision, and contemplating buying a CPOed Slate Grey from out of state, without seeing it in person. It is a 6-speed, has black leather Adaptive Seats (heated), Aluminum Gear Lever/Handbrake, Sports Chrono (of course), 6-Disc CD, and Grey Painted Seatbacks. Under 9k miles, and they are asking 90k. Would cost me around $1,500 to ship it as well. I am amazed how the prices of the 07/08s have increased in the past 4 months.

I'm not very good at getting the dealer's "best price," they just say "make an offer." And they always add that "the car is getting lots of attention in the showroom and will probably sell in the next few days."

The DME is clean, but the Salesman says that the previous owner did track the car on several occasions. 6Speeders - should that worry me at all, considering the DME looks good?

I am thinking of offering $85k (shipping included). Thoughts are well appreciated.

Old 06-05-2011, 09:10 AM
Michael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by chesterTT
Michael_s, thanks for the response, and congratulations again. What are your first impressions of Slate Grey? I have had trouble finding a local one to look at with my own eyes. I know I like Meteor Grey, but Slate looks so different in different pictures in different lighting.

I am struggling with my decision, and contemplating buying a CPOed Slate Grey from out of state, without seeing it in person. It is a 6-speed, has black leather Adaptive Seats (heated), Aluminum Gear Lever/Handbrake, Sports Chrono (of course), 6-Disc CD, and Grey Painted Seatbacks. Under 9k miles, and they are asking 90k. Would cost me around $1,500 to ship it as well. I am amazed how the prices of the 07/08s have increased in the past 4 months.

I'm not very good at getting the dealer's "best price," they just say "make an offer." And they always add that "the car is getting lots of attention in the showroom and will probably sell in the next few days."

The DME is clean, but the Salesman says that the previous owner did track the car on several occasions. 6Speeders - should that worry me at all, considering the DME looks good?

I am thinking of offering $85k (shipping included). Thoughts are well appreciated.
Chester-

No need to buy Slate without seeing it. We are both in NJ, come see mine or we can meet. You can even take it for a ride..... no joke.

For me, I would not spend 80-90K without seeing it first. Schedule permitting, plan a quick one/two day trip and go see it.

Sounds like a decent car, with decent options. Can you define "several"? Is this 2-4 track days or is the bulk of the mileage at the track? Again, this is why I think you should see, drive, feel and listen to the car.

Oh, and the standard "this car is getting a lot of attention" is BS. If the car is so popular, why are they talking to an out-of-state buyer? Too much hassle. There are plenty around and don't feel pressured. Patience......

Let me know if you want to see my car. The color is fantastic and could not be happier.... PM me if you want my cell #. I'm around.

Old 06-05-2011, 10:38 AM
Michael_s, thank you so much for your offer, I would love to see your car, today if possible.
I can't pm you, because I don't have 15 posts yet. Can you pm me your cell?
Thanks