997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

6k mile 997 Turbo Getting the 68mm Goods!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 12:41 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by floridaBMW
That would be great, thanks John!

Ken

It's on the dyno right now if you want to come check it out Ken.

Old 06-07-2011, 01:34 PM
floridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
It's on the dyno right now if you want to come check it out Ken.

Thanks Tom, gonna try Thursday or Friday. I'll shoot u a pm.

Ken

Old 06-07-2011, 02:15 PM
djcl65 is infamous around these parts
Tom, don't forget that video :-)

Old 06-07-2011, 02:45 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by djcl65
Tom, don't forget that video :-)

I didn't. Took some today. I'll get it online for you stat!

Old 06-07-2011, 05:06 PM
Arone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud of
Great service, Tom, as usual!!!

Old 06-09-2011, 12:44 PM
Former Vendor
Snapped a pic or two on the dyno. #'s are looking good.

Old 06-09-2011, 04:08 PM
Abby997TT has a spectacular aura aboutAbby997TT has a spectacular aura aboutAbby997TT has a spectacular aura about
Tom,
What clutch are you guys using in this beast?

Old 06-10-2011, 07:18 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Abby997TT
Tom,
What clutch are you guys using in this beast?
Sachs 4-puck, Aasco lightweight flywheel, and GT2 slave conversion. It's a little stiff but it holds all the power really well.

Yesterday we put down some good numbers, mid-600's hp and tq, both on pump gas. I can't wait to go for the first road test!

Old 06-10-2011, 07:23 AM
M5 Wheelman has a spectacular aura aboutM5 Wheelman has a spectacular aura about
less than the tip cars?

Old 06-10-2011, 07:27 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by M5 Wheelman
less than the tip cars?
The tip cars on pump gas are around 630-640hp/tq on pump. We're letting this one go about 20-25 hp/tq higher on pump gas because it's a 6 speed.

Remember, it's not that we're at the upper limit of the hardware here. We could easily put down 800whp with this kit (as we proved with our shop car a few months back), but that mid 600 range is where we're comfortable letting the cars go with stock internals.

Old 06-10-2011, 07:35 AM
M5 Wheelman has a spectacular aura aboutM5 Wheelman has a spectacular aura about
Yep, I've been following all your threads. I saw the tips were putting down around 670, so I was expecting around 700 for this one because the 6 speed is a little more efficient at putting the power down on the dyno. But I guess I was thinking of race gas numbers?

Old 06-10-2011, 07:48 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by M5 Wheelman
Yep, I've been following all your threads. I saw the tips were putting down around 670, so I was expecting around 700 for this one because the 6 speed is a little more efficient at putting the power down on the dyno. But I guess I was thinking of race gas numbers?
The tips put down about 665 on race gas. This one will be a little above that, but not too much.

After we explained the potential dangers to the customer, he was content with having 650-ish on pump gas, which is what he'll be using 95% of the time. Once he gets used to that power level, maybe we'll build the engine, turn up the boost, and really give him the goods!

Old 06-10-2011, 10:10 AM
Abby997TT has a spectacular aura aboutAbby997TT has a spectacular aura aboutAbby997TT has a spectacular aura about
Sachs 4-puck, Aasco lightweight flywheel, and GT2 slave conversion. It's a little stiff but it holds all the power really well.

Yesterday we put down some good numbers, mid-600's hp and tq, both on pump gas. I can't wait to go for the first road test!

Awesome numbers! is it a 4 puck clutch really hard on the driver?

Old 06-10-2011, 10:28 AM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !

Those are some good numbers! Is it with standard 997tt hotside or GT2 hotside? I'll be interested in hearing about how the boost response feels on a 6speed with these turbos vs stock ones. Presumably a bit more lag b/c of the larger compressor wheel? Are you able to show a graph of VE comparing these turbos to stock? I think I recall that the VE is a good indicator of boost response.

Old 06-10-2011, 10:29 AM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Would the Sachs II.5 not be able to handle this much power/tq?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 6k mile 997 Turbo Getting the 68mm Goods!