997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

6k mile 997 Turbo Getting the 68mm Goods!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 03:39 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
6k mile 997 Turbo Getting the 68mm Goods!

Since we've been doing so many Tiptronic builds lately with our full 68mm Billet turbo upgrade, I thought it would be nice to post our most recent project, which is this virgin 6k mile 2007 6 Speed Turbo. Stay tuned for updates as well as final dyno numbers of the 6 speed. It will be nice to compare these to our recent tiptronic builds.

Any questions....feel free to fire away!

Old 05-25-2011, 05:47 PM
floridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud of
I could live in ur shop....so purty.

Ken

Old 05-25-2011, 05:51 PM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
i call there shop the car dentist clinic !

Old 05-25-2011, 06:19 PM
JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !
Your turbo looks so purdy Tom...

Old 05-25-2011, 06:56 PM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
That is one clean *** shop!

Old 05-25-2011, 07:30 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Awesome shop! I'd like to see a 60-130 on the 6speed car when done, on pump (91-93octane) gas. Your other thread showed a killer 5.5s time with the tip car on racegas but I didn't see any numbers on pump gas.

Old 05-26-2011, 08:44 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by floridaBMW
I could live in ur shop....so purty.

Ken
Originally Posted by yalmutawa
i call there shop the car dentist clinic !
hehe thanks for the compliments guys! You'd be amazed at how much easier it is to work in a clean shop. Our guys take a lot of pride in the work they do, and their work areas!

Originally Posted by The Bogg
Awesome shop! I'd like to see a 60-130 on the 6speed car when done, on pump (91-93octane) gas. Your other thread showed a killer 5.5s time with the tip car on racegas but I didn't see any numbers on pump gas.
Thanks Bogg! Yeah...KerCar's tip car in Turkey put down some impressive times for sure. But as always, it will be up to our customer to decide if he wants to go out and run 60-130's. It's just not something we do with their cars. We'll give him dyno sheets showing the actual AWHP. Beyond that it's up to him.

Old 05-26-2011, 12:58 PM
Former Vendor
Here's a couple quick pictures from today. Got the turbos and carbon fiber turbo inlet pipes bolted up, along with our carbon fiber 82mm plenum and TB.

Old 05-26-2011, 01:06 PM
floridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud of
Beautiful work Tom, its ashame those carbon inlet pipes r hidden once u put the engine back in. Is the owner local, wonder if he'll give me ride.

Ken

Old 05-26-2011, 01:29 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by floridaBMW
Beautiful work Tom, its ashame those carbon inlet pipes r hidden once u put the engine back in. Is the owner local, wonder if he'll give me ride.

Ken
Not local unfortunately, but he will be coming to pick up the car when it's done, so maybe then.

Old 05-27-2011, 12:32 PM
djcl65 is infamous around these parts
Ken,

I'll shoot you a pm when I head down to pick her up.

Tom and Louis - Thanks! You guys are a class act!

Best,

John

Old 05-27-2011, 12:56 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by djcl65
Ken,

Best,

John
Heyyyyyy!! Welcome to 6Speed John!

Old 05-27-2011, 01:13 PM
ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !
please pm the price for 68mm turbos only ?

Old 06-07-2011, 08:23 AM
Former Vendor
Time for a little update!

Engine's back in the car, car is strapped onto the dyno, just awaiting a flash from GIAC and it's time for some powerrrrr!! Here's a few pictures of the engine back in, inlet pipes, turbos.....etc.

And I snuck in a couple teasers of a trick new part coming out of our FDM machine.

Old 06-07-2011, 12:39 PM
Originally Posted by djcl65
Ken,

Best,

John
That would be great, thanks John!

Ken

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 6k mile 997 Turbo Getting the 68mm Goods!