997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Video: wife driving 911 Turbo, squirrel dies.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 09:18 PM
512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of
Gorgeous Turbo. How did you get the single lug wheels to fill the wheel wells so well? All the turbo's I have seen with those don't fill the wells.

Do you have a sequential shifter in the GT2?

These were great videos, thanks for the post.

Cheers.

Old 06-01-2011, 06:03 PM
Sandy Eggo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 512bb
Gorgeous Turbo. How did you get the single lug wheels to fill the wheel wells so well? All the turbo's I have seen with those don't fill the wells.

Do you have a sequential shifter in the GT2?

These were great videos, thanks for the post.

Cheers.
Glad you enjoyed the videos!

Here are some details from the owner that help explain the wheel related mods...and yep, the GT2 racecar does have a sequential shifter.

GMG wheels
TPC Racing stage 3+ suspension
Michelin Pilot Sport Cups (same size F/R as GT3RS)

Old 06-01-2011, 06:50 PM
Racer_eX is infamous around these parts
Thanks for the compliments on the car.

The car was one of the first few 997.2's with the 650 package installed. About two months ago the car was upgraded with EVOMS intercoolers, revised programming and some preproduction hoses. Last I spoke to Rod at EVOMS (who I understand is no longer there), the final production hoses were still awaiting manufacturing. I was also told at the time that the package was not yet available for widespread sale. I don't think that has changed? Hopefully Todd doesn't mind word leaking out... (Todd, this is DV is Carlsbad in case you don't remember my 6speed id.)

I did replace the EVOMS exhaust with the Europipe as soon as it came out. Thanks Steph.

The wheels are from GMG.

Suspension is from TPC Racing (stage 3 plus).

The interior has a lot of CF upgrades from a vendor that won't return calls or emails right now, and hasn't fulfilled 2/3 of my last order. So, they shall remain nameless for now.

Yours in speed,

Old 08-04-2011, 02:36 PM
iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !
Alright, I'll be the party pooper here.... The neighborhood isn't the place to stretch it's legs, both you and your wife are lucky none of the cars she was over-taking wasn't some teenager on a cell phone that decided to switch lanes. I know we are all here for the same reason, we dig speed... But there's a time and place. That goes double when it was her first time getting aquainted with the car. We can joke about a squirrel getting squished but it could have just as easily been a kid chasing a ball out in the street.

I'll get off the soap box, beautiful car.

Old 08-04-2011, 06:10 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by iJeremy
Alright, I'll be the party pooper here.... The neighborhood isn't the place to stretch it's legs, both you and your wife are lucky none of the cars she was over-taking wasn't some teenager on a cell phone that decided to switch lanes. I know we are all here for the same reason, we dig speed... But there's a time and place. That goes double when it was her first time getting aquainted with the car. We can joke about a squirrel getting squished but it could have just as easily been a kid chasing a ball out in the street.

I'll get off the soap box, beautiful car.
Great car but rep to you for bringing up something we all sometimes forget. There's a time & place for everything.

Old 08-05-2011, 01:09 AM
spf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the rough
Just watched the GT2 race footage. Any full laps available to watch?