997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

*PICS* Newbie from M5 board with 997.1..finally

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 12:49 AM
HpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond repute
*PICS* Newbie from M5 board with 997.1..finally

Hello -- I have been a stalker for a bit but am now semi-legitimate with my first P car. I have included some pics of the car's garagemate, as well -- they seem to get along ok. And in the background is my daily driver Hummer, which handles the M-F duty and keeps the other two fresh. Looking forward to more reading, learning and some modding!

Attached Images      
Old 05-30-2011, 12:55 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Looks great !!! Silver car in the sunlight has this spaceship look that is awesome.
Congrats !!!

Old 05-30-2011, 12:58 AM
Tarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond repute
This is the PERFECT "Drivers" Garage, the M5 & the 911 ! God bless, beautiful

Old 05-30-2011, 01:02 AM
RNS
RNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to behold
Congrats and welcome! Let us know your impressions of the TT vs M5. Since neither are your dd would be curious on what drives you to pick up the key of each, when time allows for a fun drive.

Your turbo looks great. Enjoy.

Last edited by RNS; 05-30-2011 at 01:06 AM.
Old 05-30-2011, 01:12 AM
Hayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to behold
Sweet pair, HpizKing!

Oh yeah,, nice grouping! Whatcha squeezing off at the range?

Old 05-30-2011, 01:41 AM
Abby997TT has a spectacular aura aboutAbby997TT has a spectacular aura aboutAbby997TT has a spectacular aura about
Welcome!! Love that GT silver paint.
We have the same combo in the garage but different colors! My M5 is Spacegray and turbo is arctic silver.

Old 05-30-2011, 02:53 AM
HpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RNS
Congrats and welcome! Let us know your impressions of the TT vs M5. Since neither are your dd would be curious on what drives you to pick up the key of each, when time allows for a fun drive.

Your turbo looks great. Enjoy.
I just feel humbled and blessed to have the choice. Beyond that, it is whether or not I want to wake the neighbors early on Sat. mornings..the M's current exhaust setup is horrendously loud on cold start...I love it!! The M is comfortable..but turns into a raspy, snorting Beast from 4000 rpm all the way up to its 8250 redline..that rev happy V-10 and the symphony it makes are a big part of my love for the car. Obviously, its heft makes it not nearly as crisp a handling car as the 997. I am awestruck with how quietly and businesslike the Turbo goes about teh business of chewing up pavement..my reflexes are getting a tuneup for sure. It is like choosing between a 2 stroker or 4 stroker for those with 2 wheel thrill experience..the M has to be ranging above 4 grand to have any use of its relatively modest torque while the grunt of the Turbo comes on very early on...choosing a gear in the 7 speed M is critical..not so much I am finding in the Turbo..where foot on pedal makes up for that mistake! That is about as deep as I can go for now..thanks for asking and for all the nice comments.

Old 05-30-2011, 02:58 AM
Originally Posted by Abby997TT
Welcome!! Love that GT silver paint.
We have the same combo in the garage but different colors! My M5 is Spacegray and turbo is arctic silver.
You know what they say about great minds....must be true. That color of your M is my FAV..wanna swap?!

Old 05-30-2011, 03:14 AM
Originally Posted by Hayabusa
Sweet pair, HpizKing!

Oh yeah,, nice grouping! Whatcha squeezing off at the range?
That was actually my son's grouping..he posted that to remind me how he used my own HK to demonstrate how much better his eyesight and technique is when I suggested that his plinker Beretta was responsible for his bettering me...I am left with sheepishly reminding him that the Master doesn't ever reveal everything to his student.

Old 05-30-2011, 05:53 AM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Congrats! Welcome to the club.

Old 05-30-2011, 06:58 AM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
Congrats and enjoy in good health and welcome to 6speed!

Old 05-30-2011, 07:07 AM
996TTFred is infamous around these parts
2 stroke to 4 stroke reminds me of the old 750 Kaw triple days. Arctic Silver is a great color for the Turbo. Enjoy and welcome to a great fraternity.

Old 05-30-2011, 08:59 AM
floridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud of
Congrats! I came fr an E60 M5 and love every bit of my turbo. One thing I miss is that V10, I was running the Tubi Rumore mufflers and man did it sound amazing.

Ken

Old 05-30-2011, 09:14 AM
dyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud of
Seems like m5 + 997 turbo is a natural combination. White and slate grey over in my stable. I too am still getting used to the turbo. I definitely enjoy the smg more than the tiptronic but I love the feel of boost!

Old 05-30-2011, 10:38 AM
Abby997TT has a spectacular aura aboutAbby997TT has a spectacular aura aboutAbby997TT has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by HpizKing
You know what they say about great minds....must be true. That color of your M is my FAV..wanna swap?!
Haha, We can also swap the turbos as GT silver is my all time favorite color for porsche. I just couldn't find one when I purchased mine.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: *PICS* Newbie from M5 board with 997.1..finally