997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Latest Turbo S vs GTR track review. Let the yodeling begin..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 05:52 AM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
Who, speed? Name one person that refuted this anywhere.

(I wish you would mention my name - so I can further display your illiteracy, by referencing posts from this thread)

So, I eagerly await the point of your post.

The problem with your position, is that you've already said too much about how the GT-R owners are poor, and cannot afford a Porsche (perhaps even a $30K C2, $50k Turbo, or $90K C2).

How's this?

For some reason, some members (you, speed - so there is no confusion) struggle with still trying to justify their financial decision and status to complete stangers on the internet, to hide their individual insecurity of a car that costs almost half as much and offers almost all of the performance as the Porsche Turbo S.

(Please - other car enthusiasts - this shoe does not fit you)

By all means, speed - continue to justify to all of us (unnecessarily), your decision to purchase a car (that only you have to like, and not all of us). The floor is yours.
Wow. You've completely lost your marbles over this.

Old 06-17-2011, 05:57 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by speed21
Wow. You've completely lost your marbles over this.
Thank you. I expected this answer. Your inability to answer when people call you out on your garbage is disturbing. I'd expect nothing less.

Though, I still would like to see who you were referring to...

(Not holding my breath)

Old 06-17-2011, 06:09 AM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Thank you. I expected this answer. Your inability to answer when people call you out on your garbage is disturbing. I'd expect nothing less.

Though, I still would like to see who you were referring to...

(Not holding my breath)
For someone who has spent the entire thread throwing veiled (and open) insults at me, refusing to answer simple and reasonable yes no type questions, and now you come out with this crazed heated nonsensical scattergun attack? I made a comment about certain members struggling with the results of the OP test. Are you saying there hasn't been any form of struggle from any GTR owner over the results of this professional test? C'mon. Who you are kidding here. Why take everything so personally. Naming names, and the likes proves nothing. I put facts out along with a statement to stave off any further justification and now you want to get personal? Take a chill pill.

Last edited by speed21; 06-17-2011 at 07:31 AM.
Old 06-26-2011, 06:55 AM
512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of
Old 06-26-2011, 10:14 AM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
I gotta say, if anything, this video is a testament to the GTR, not the Aprilia.
Great vid. Thanks for putting it up!

Old 06-26-2011, 05:14 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by 512bb
It's been a bit quiet
I don't know if that's a good or a bad thing .

Originally Posted by k_ddsl
I gotta say, if anything, this video is a testament to the GTR, not the Aprilia.
Great vid. Thanks for putting it up!
I'd go along with that .

Old 06-27-2011, 12:17 PM
512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of
Well, it's bad if you are in between projects, with lots of time on your hands. Kinda like me

Old 06-27-2011, 07:41 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by 512bb
Well, it's bad if you are in between projects, with lots of time on your hands. Kinda like me
Oh well. Unless someone can bring something additional to the table that is relevant to the OP then i guess the thread has run its course for now AND..without being closed ...which may well be an "all time first" for a thread of this nature especially considering those few wild temper tantrums that unfortunately occurred . Thankfully the majority of posters kept a level head....and, kept it real. Thanks to those guys...i appreciate it .

Perhaps when the comprehensive track comparison comes out (most likely next month) i can bump it. The full track comparo will be very very interesting indeed as it usually involves at least 5 individual professional drivers/testers with a whole swag of data. So whatever the outcome, you can rest assured it will be unbiased and, factual .

Old 06-27-2011, 08:33 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Oh well. Unless someone can bring something additional to the table that is relevant to the OP then i guess the thread has run its course for now AND..without being closed ...which may well be an "all time first" for a thread of this nature especially considering those few wild temper tantrums that unfortunately occurred . Thankfully the majority of posters kept a level head....and, kept it real. Thanks to those guys...i appreciate it .

Perhaps when the comprehensive track comparison comes out (most likely next month) i can bump it. The full track comparo will be very very interesting indeed as it usually involves at least 5 individual professional drivers/testers with a whole swag of data. So whatever the outcome, you can rest assured it will be unbiased and, factual .
You're welcome.

Old 06-27-2011, 09:26 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Since this thread is dying of natural causes I'll add my little story: There is a white and a black GTR in my neighbourhood. I was driving (in my Infiniti) with my wife the other day and I stopped at the driveway that had the black GTR and was admiring it. My wife asks "what are you doing?". I replied that the car was a GTR and I was just checking it out. My wife looks at it and says, "it's a Nissan, what's the big deal?". I was laughing so hard that she just looked at me as if there was something wrong with me, since it wasn't meant to be a funny statement. I was just laughing at the irony since she isn't a car snob at all (loves her Honda minivan). She'd comment on a Ferrari or a Lambo, but not "just a Nissan". Doesn't change the fact that it's a pretty sweet car though.

Old 06-27-2011, 10:16 PM
Banned
You're welcome.
Pleasure's all mine. Btw (re pikes peak) what are you going to do about that hyundai? It looks menacing.

Originally Posted by The Bogg
Since this thread is dying of natural causes I'll add my little story: There is a white and a black GTR in my neighbourhood. I was driving (in my Infiniti) with my wife the other day and I stopped at the driveway that had the black GTR and was admiring it. My wife asks "what are you doing?". I replied that the car was a GTR and I was just checking it out. My wife looks at it and says, "it's a Nissan, what's the big deal?". I was laughing so hard that she just looked at me as if there was something wrong with me, since it wasn't meant to be a funny statement. I was just laughing at the irony since she isn't a car snob at all (loves her Honda minivan). She'd comment on a Ferrari or a Lambo, but not "just a Nissan". Doesn't change the fact that it's a pretty sweet car though.
Careful boggy. You're skating on very thin ice coming out with a story like that around here mate .

Last edited by speed21; 06-27-2011 at 10:23 PM.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:40 AM
Originally Posted by The Bogg
That is a pretty funny story...

I said those exact words when I was stationed in Japan back in 1998. My roommate told me he had one the fastest cars on the 'island (Okinawa). I was into Corvette's and Porsches at the time (with a side of pony car muscle). I told him to get that rice burning piece of crap Nissan out of the way... I told him it was 'just a Nissan'.

I was schooled.

Those who know, know. Those who don't know, have some learning to do (but most likely, if you haven't heard about it over the last 4 years, the person doesn't want to learn).

Old 06-28-2011, 06:42 AM
Pleasure's all mine. Btw (re pikes peak) what are you going to do about that hyundai? It looks menacing.
I have a soft spot for the new Genesis (both coupe for sportiness, and sedan for comfort).

I had the pleasure of driving both for different business trips. I felt VERY comfortable in both. They are really nice cars (for what they offer).

But then again, I love the new Kia's as well (Optima and Forte).

Old 06-28-2011, 09:28 AM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
I have a soft spot for the new Genesis (both coupe for sportiness, and sedan for comfort).

I had the pleasure of driving both for different business trips. I felt VERY comfortable in both. They are really nice cars (for what they offer).

Jasper,

I couldn't agree with you more!

I am fortunate in that the owners of both the Hyundai and KIA agencies in Kuwait are personal friends and as such I have the chance of driving many of their latest models.

The quality of the new Genesis in both flavors is outstanding! The same can be said of the new Kias.

Old 06-28-2011, 09:19 PM
Banned

All sounds fine to me. But...there is a catch. Jasper, the way its looking you may well need to consider changing horses if pikes peak is anything to gauge the future of performance cars by. Logically speaking, if the performance is there with the Hyundai, then all of the "true enthusiasts" should be in Hyundai's, and not GTR's. Meaning the GTR owner will now join the Porsche owner, which (some of you) have pidgeon hole'd as being for "snobs, poseurs, and brand ******".. but....
That Hyundai may well change the game on that front ....therefore, one should be very careful with how they catagorize others in higher priced cars . All in jest....but food for thought . As it could happen .

Edit. I can just imagine the future threads debating the outcome of professional testing between Hyundai, GTR, Porsche Turbo. The mods will go on strike .

Last edited by speed21; 06-28-2011 at 09:26 PM.