997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Latest Turbo S vs GTR track review. Let the yodeling begin..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 05:55 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Terminator
Both = great cars. GTR = amazing performance for the money. Which is faster, especially through curves - it's down to drivers. Would I have a GTR, no I own a Porsche. Do I like its looks? No. Do I respect its performance, yes. This debate always makes me laugh, the only thing these two cars have in common is similar performance, the rest is like comparing apples and oranges, hang on let me rephrase that; comparing a beautiful apple versus an ugly orange...
Depending on who is holding said apple and orange...

Old 06-08-2011, 06:47 AM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
Bobby and Neil:

Now you've gone and done it...
I'm afraid I'm gonna have to pull rank on both of you!

Old 06-08-2011, 07:19 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by speed21
^^ Scott. To be honest i really didnt think it was all that bad but if you feel it is offensive then thats cool by me . I was only having a bit of fun with the picards and thought it was appropriate given his evasive reply.
It was actually reported by another moderator, so I'm not the only one that thought it went a bit overboard.

Old 06-08-2011, 07:42 AM
s14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to behold
Just curious, but are there many GTR owners going to Porsches? As I'm reading the thread, I know a decent amount of us that have sold our TTs and gone with the GTR. Kisco has sold his Gallardo TT to get into his GTR...

Both are great cars, period.

Old 06-08-2011, 08:53 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by s14roller
Just curious, but are there many GTR owners going to Porsches? As I'm reading the thread, I know a decent amount of us that have sold our TTs and gone with the GTR. Kisco has sold his Gallardo TT to get into his GTR...

Both are great cars, period.
I think it goes both ways...

Old 06-08-2011, 03:06 PM
512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of
Thanks wjohnson36, was trying to lighten the mood a bit. Working towards extra credit now

Old 06-08-2011, 03:16 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by k_ddsl
Bobby and Neil:

Now you've gone and done it...
I'm afraid I'm gonna have to pull rank on both of you!

LOL!

Old 06-09-2011, 12:24 AM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
It was actually reported by another moderator, so I'm not the only one that thought it went a bit overboard.
Explanation wasnt necessary....it was all done dusted forgotten for me after your post/edit. ^^^It can't have been that bad or im sure the other mod would have removed it himself....but honestly Scott lets just put it to bed and move on.

Old 06-09-2011, 01:00 AM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
I realize I am treading on thin ice here, but I really must come out with it because it has been eating away at me for a while now.

To be honest, I am not 100% sure how I feel about a moderator actively participating in a debate thread, taking up a clear position in that debate, then also moderating the thread and controlling its content.

I've seen this happen a few times and I am not singling anyone in particular out, but, at the risk of many a neg. rep., I must say I really am not comfortable with that.

If a thread in which one moderator is actively participating needs moderating, I am sure a different moderator is capable of exercising his judgement and doling out justice when necessary.

I say, participate or moderate, for doing both will only serve to conflagrate!

I sincerely apologize if this post rubs anybody the wrong way. That is not my intention.
6speedonline is like a "second home" to me and, as such, I can't keep quiet if I feel something is not quite right.

Last edited by k_ddsl; 06-09-2011 at 01:17 AM.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:48 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
I realize I am treading on thin ice here, but I really must come out with it because it has been eating away at me for a while now.

To be honest, I am not 100% sure how I feel about a moderator actively participating in a debate thread, taking up a clear position in that debate, then also moderating the thread and controlling its content.

I've seen this happen a few times and I am not singling anyone in particular out, but, at the risk of many a neg. rep., I must say I really am not comfortable with that.

If a thread in which one moderator is actively participating needs moderating, I am sure a different moderator is capable of exercising his judgement and doling out justice when necessary.

I say, participate or moderate, for doing both will only serve to conflagrate!

I sincerely apologize if this post rubs anybody the wrong way. That is not my intention.
6speedonline is like a "second home" to me and, as such, I can't keep quiet if I feel something is not quite right.
My only 'clear position' in this thread is that both cars are outstanding and each of them has their strengths and weaknesses. I believe the GT-R is better than the 911 in some areas (regardless of price), just as I believe the 911 is better than the GT-R in others. Having been a two-time 911 owner as well as a two-time GT-R owner, I'm probably one of the most unbiased and best-suited people in this thread to speak intelligently about both cars.

As far as Speed's post, it contained a derogatory picture in reference to Jasper that was uncalled for. As a moderator, of course I'm going to step in and course-correct. Had Jasper been the one who had posted the pic, I would have done the exact same thing. Your post implies that I'm unable to be fair. The truth is that I'm probably fair to a fault (whether you want to believe it or not).

I don't intend to be harsh, but factually speaking and with all due respect, your comfort level with regard to the way I do business truly means nothing to me. Follow the rules and you'll be treated fairly, regardless of your opinion on cars.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 06-09-2011 at 10:41 AM.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:34 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
I was actually the moderator who reported the post.

Since speed21 was the member who started a thread that he knew would bring controversy, I found it ironic that he throw the first stone. For those of you who have been here longer, you will find at least 10 different GT-R threads closed because civility broke down. It takes an immense amount of work to moderate a thread like this, which always attracts trolls and invites insults.

bob

Old 06-09-2011, 01:26 PM
Scott,

I was not implying anything. If I thought you were unfair I would have stated so. I don't do well with innuendo. Throughout my interactions with you, you have always been fair and gentlemanly with me.

I was rather generalizing about a practice I have witnessed a few times. I thought that we could all benefit from an observation that I expressed but that many on this forum share, even if they are less vocal than me. That observation was not directed at you specifically, although in this particular instance it may have appeared so.

But since the comfort level of members on the forum means nothing to the moderators of the forum, I will henceforth refrain from expressing my views of such things. I wouldn't want to bother anyone with meaningless dribble.

Thank you for not being harsh by the way.

Old 06-09-2011, 01:54 PM
But since the comfort level of members on the forum means nothing to the moderators of the forum, I will henceforth refrain from expressing my views of such things. I wouldn't want to bother anyone with meaningless dribble.

Thank you for not being harsh by the way.
Feel free to respectfully voice your views as you wish. Just expect that I will do the same.

Let me also clarify that comfort levels regarding how I choose to moderate mean nothing to me. I'm speaking for me, not for other moderators. I always try to be fair to everyone and am always polite to those who are polite back. I also think very highly of many members on this forum (yourself being one of them). But no, I'm not going to concern myself with changing in order to try and make everyone happy. I've been moderating far too long to believe that's possible. With me, you get what you get.

As far as harshness goes, I was simply being honest and direct. I'd hope you could appreciate that.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 06-09-2011 at 02:02 PM.
Old 06-09-2011, 02:41 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Bottom line: In this video, same track, same day, the Turbo S can't beat the GT-R even though the GT-R started dead last. If we include this video as well, the score is now 6 road-course wins for the GT-R, 2 wins for the Turbo S...GT-R always on runflats and 330 lbs heavier. As far as 'ring times, until the Turbo S runs faster than 7:41, that IS its ring time. That would be like me claiming GT-Rs run 10.5's at the dragstrip stock, even though its never happened.

It's all good. You can stop making excuses and claiming ridiculous conspiracy theories (the same type of ridiculous theories could be said about the Fifth Gear video you posted). The Turbo S is clearly faster in a straight line....and that's all that matters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lll5eMeEqoU

Did you really use a best motoring video as proof? LOL.

It's Porsche's fault the Turbo is slower on the road course, the tires aren't comparable. Comparable tires, game over.

Old 06-09-2011, 03:23 PM
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Did you really use a best motoring video as proof? LOL.
I did. In response to the Fifth Gear Video he posted. That makes two obviously biased videos.

Comparable tires, game over.
LOL....whatever makes you sleep better at night.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Latest Turbo S vs GTR track review. Let the yodeling begin..