997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Latest Turbo S vs GTR track review. Let the yodeling begin..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 05:43 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by johnww
Great analogy. Right on target. Explains instantly why the Turbo S exists in another league up from the GTR.
I think the Porsche Turbo S is in another league because it's a Porsche and it can go 265mph+ like a Bugatti.

Until the GT-R gets one of these, and raises their prices another $70k (+ another $10+ in options they don't have), the GT-R will be just a Nissan.

Old 06-11-2011, 03:47 PM
Banned
M3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud of
The main thing. I got the GTR this week. I'm loving the car. Brought it to Sebring (I'm here still) drove it Today. The car is fast right out of the box. The main thing for me, is THE CAR CAN'T MAKE ONE FULL SESSION ON SAFE FLUID TEMPS. that's a no no....
Otherwise nice, fast, perfect daily. The car is BONE STOCK>>> pads, fluids, everything.

Old 06-11-2011, 03:58 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by M3EvoBR
The main thing. I got the GTR this week. I'm loving the car. Brought it to Sebring (I'm here still) drove it Today. The car is fast right out of the box. The main thing for me, is THE CAR CAN'T MAKE ONE FULL SESSION ON SAFE FLUID TEMPS. that's a no no....
Otherwise nice, fast, perfect daily. The car is BONE STOCK>>> pads, fluids, everything.

so it's like a hot wife/GF that can't give head?

Old 06-11-2011, 04:18 PM
Banned
M3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud of
kind of ... that's the main problem with the car. Other than that, I really liked it. Very interesting to see the differentials working and helping the car turn in.

Old 06-11-2011, 05:39 PM
thebishman is a splendid one to beholdthebishman is a splendid one to beholdthebishman is a splendid one to beholdthebishman is a splendid one to beholdthebishman is a splendid one to beholdthebishman is a splendid one to behold

HKS transmission cooler; Stillen adjustable sway bars; AP Racing J-Hooks; CL RC6E pads, and high quality brake fluid. Should be good to go.
Bish

Old 06-11-2011, 06:44 PM
tradervic is infamous around these parts
Here's how to solve the problem...

Attached Images  

Last edited by tradervic; 06-11-2011 at 06:50 PM.
Old 06-11-2011, 07:08 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
KInd of makes you wonder how it did so well racing around the nurburgring setting that famous and controversial time, filmed by Best Motoring of course to prove how kosher it all was .

This is a very good read:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-your-gtr.html

The GTR is a brilliant performer for the price......but when you put it through the sieve, thats the start and finish of it.

Originally Posted by eclou
so it's like a hot wife/GF that can't give head?
Somewhat a monumental understatement eclou, but im glad you said it . Simply put, when comparing these two cars there is a lot more to the Porsche than just the the Badge and the price. Some see it. Some don't want to.

Old 06-11-2011, 07:10 PM
tradervic is infamous around these parts
Only one way to win this debate...

Attached Images  
Old 06-11-2011, 07:13 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tradervic
Thats a great solution Tradervic .

PS. If these two are yours, congrats. What a fabulous garage and they both look beautiful in black together. My all-time favourite color.

Last edited by speed21; 06-11-2011 at 07:16 PM.
Old 06-11-2011, 07:31 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by speed21
... Simply put, when comparing these two cars there is a lot more to the Porsche than just the the Badge and the price. Some see it. Some don't want to.
Unfortunately, some of those that don't see it are Porsche owners that posted right here in this thread.

Old 06-11-2011, 07:54 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
I think the Porsche Turbo S is in another league because it's a Porsche and it can go 265mph+ like a Bugatti.

Until the GT-R gets one of these, and raises their prices another $70k (+ another $10+ in options they don't have), the GT-R will be just a Nissan
So, the GTR only needs a Porsche badge and another 70K on the price tag?

Originally Posted by jaspergtr
Unfortunately, some of those that don't see it are Porsche owners that posted right here in this thread.
OK. So if your one of the ones that "can see it" then how do you account for this ^^^^^^ .

Old 06-11-2011, 08:02 PM
f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Crappy runflats?

GT-R Dunlops = or > R888.

FAIL!
Dez,

Some people who don't go to road racing tracks, just typye/talk for the sake of talking. They don't have knowledge in that area and you just have to move on. Toyo tried to develope an R comp tire for the GTR using r888 technology and the 'run flats' on the GTR were faster then R comp tire toyo... so much for ' run flat'. Just give up with people who have no knowledge in road racing Dez. PM going your way...need some help !

p.s. just keeping showing them whos boss at the track like you already do, same with me

You make it look so easy Dez...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVo6h_KOGIk

Last edited by f1crazydriver; 06-11-2011 at 08:09 PM.
Old 06-11-2011, 09:00 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by thebishman
HKS transmission cooler; Stillen adjustable sway bars; AP Racing J-Hooks; CL RC6E pads, and high quality brake fluid. Should be good to go.
Bish
That's my point you have to spend money, to make the car last. Pads and fluid, and rotors, that's fine. Every car needs that, actually the brake didn't let go, and I hear a lot of people complain. I think most of the time, is the nut behind the wheel that need an upgrade, but the fluid things are a BIG, HUGE NO NO.
I really love my street car, and for me that's all it is, a great street car.
I'll leave the track duty to my old obsolete 996 GT2.

Old 06-11-2011, 09:18 PM
Banned
That's my point you have to spend money, to make the car last. Pads and fluid, and rotors, that's fine. Every car needs that, actually the brake didn't let go, and I hear a lot of people complain. I think most of the time, is the nut behind the wheel that need an upgrade, but the fluid things are a BIG, HUGE NO NO.
I really love my street car, and for me that's all it is, a great street car.
I'll leave the track duty to my old obsolete 996 GT2.
The bish provided an excellent account on what needs to be done if you plan any level of sustained performance driving. The GTR is a tremendous car but it's life unfortunately becomes comsumed by its own performance without oil coolers and the likes. The Porsche is a different story altogether.

Old 06-11-2011, 09:20 PM
Originally Posted by speed21
So, the GTR only needs a Porsche badge and another 70K on the price tag?

OK. So if your one of the ones that "can see it" then how do you account for this ^^^^^^ .
Yes, Speed. I'm completely 100% serious.

(Have I mentioned your inability to comprehend?)

Don't presume to know what I see or don't see. That would be a mistake on your part (definitely not the first).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Latest Turbo S vs GTR track review. Let the yodeling begin..