997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Check Engine Light... Mice?!@

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 05:47 PM
MK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by DrVolkl
UPDATE Yeah, took it into the dealership today (first chance since this happened over the weekend.)

Cam placement sensor (or something like that) fault code, etc etc...

Engine coming out, getting torn down... sounds like major work.

I think the mice discovery was just coincidence... at least the check engine light prompted me to look around a little bit, probably smart since it sat a lot this winter.

Glad my car is a 2009, CPO'd, under warranty and I haven't chipped it yet, because this sounds expensive!

On the flip side, I would have a preferred a better rental car. Dodge Caliber? Really? Is this what you give your Turbo guys? At least I'll really appreciate the car when I get it back!

Going to get the windows tinted lightly while it's in there as well.. might as well.
Funny you post this today. Mine threw another CEL alarm last night while driving home (it came on last Friday and then magically turned off by itself that night). It's a CPO'd 07 turbo currently with 10,400 miles. Took it to the dealer today and they said there some "problem" with the DME and they are going to remap it. Does that sound right? Why would the program change if it's stock and never been messed with? I wouldn't worry about the Dodge, they gave me a Jetta

Old 06-13-2011, 05:54 PM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by MK23
Funny you post this today. Mine threw another CEL alarm last night while driving home (it came on last Friday and then magically turned off by itself that night). It's a CPO'd 07 turbo currently with 10,400 miles. Took it to the dealer today and they said there some "problem" with the DME and they are going to remap it. Does that sound right? Why would the program change if it's stock and never been messed with? I wouldn't worry about the Dodge, they gave me a Jetta
Well, they told me that the engine is coming out and being torn down. The cam position thing I guess is a problem on 997.1 cars. I guess they feel it's not just the sensor, but the cam has actually shifted?? Or maybe the mouse got in and started chewing on my cam shafts.

They told me my CEL went off because the car tries to clear the codes itself... then if the problem is still there it'll come back and stay on. Meanwhile I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out what the hell is going on... I thought I cleared the code! lol

My car just tipped 11k miles... it's an '09. BTW- I'd take your jetta any day over this POS dodge. Dear god this car is full of fail. Do people buy these things? I can think of 100 cars in this price point that i'd rather have.

Old 06-14-2011, 12:40 PM
AlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant future
I had a squirrel hide a freshly harvested wallnut in one of the exhaust pipes on our old BMW. That took a while to figure out...