997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

mmmmmmm...bigger turbos

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 03:55 PM
Abby997TT has a spectacular aura aboutAbby997TT has a spectacular aura aboutAbby997TT has a spectacular aura about
Hey Bogg, what intercoolers are you running?

Old 06-16-2011, 04:33 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
997.2tt/GT2RS i/cs. And I must say they really work. Subjectively speaking, I didn't notice any reduction in power on a recent hot day that hit 37 degrees C with high humidity. With the stock i/cs you would definitely notice the difference. I'll datalog on the next hot day if I get a chance and see what the iats do. Money well spent I must say.

Old 06-16-2011, 04:40 PM
AgentSteel is infamous around these parts
Just dont eat Mexican before, that stuff is hard to get off and it ends up smearing... and no, i'm not speaking out of experience, at least not on car leather...

Originally Posted by TTdude
Brilliant idea! No reason to ruin that fine Corinthian Leather.

Old 06-16-2011, 05:00 PM
Abby997TT has a spectacular aura aboutAbby997TT has a spectacular aura aboutAbby997TT has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by The Bogg
997.2tt/GT2RS i/cs. And I must say they really work. Subjectively speaking, I didn't notice any reduction in power on a recent hot day that hit 37 degrees C with high humidity. With the stock i/cs you would definitely notice the difference. I'll datalog on the next hot day if I get a chance and see what the iats do. Money well spent I must say.
You guys are already at 37C, that hot. We are barely cracking 20C on a good day.

I just ordered a set of 997.2 intercoolers today too as well as a clutch kit with lwfw.
How hard was the install for the intercoolers?

Old 06-16-2011, 07:03 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Abby997TT
You guys are already at 37C, that hot. We are barely cracking 20C on a good day.

I just ordered a set of 997.2 intercoolers today too as well as a clutch kit with lwfw.
How hard was the install for the intercoolers?
It was just that hot for a day last week.

The install was easy: Here's the intercoolers, here's $300, see you later when I come to pick up the car. Just some minor duct trimming needed apparently.

Old 06-16-2011, 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by AgentSteel
Just dont eat Mexican before, that stuff is hard to get off and it ends up smearing... and no, i'm not speaking out of experience, at least not on car leather...

Old 06-16-2011, 07:27 PM
It was just that hot for a day last week.

The install was easy: Here's the intercoolers, here's $300, see you later when I come to pick up the car. Just some minor duct trimming needed apparently.
I am going to do the install myself as I have done the exhaust twice myself with intercoolers off. Hopefully duct trimming is not too hard.

Old 06-16-2011, 09:46 PM
If you've done the exhaust yourself the i/cs should be a piece of cake. I presume you've seen Earl's thread in the 996 section about these i/cs? There are pics of the install and the duct trimming.

Old 06-16-2011, 09:48 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Hey congratulations boggy! So you beat me to the punch afterall eh. Have you got them on?

Old 06-16-2011, 11:17 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
The install was easy: Here's the intercoolers, here's $300, see you later when I come to pick up the car.
...I install the same way although I wish I had more time to get my hands dirty.

Old 06-17-2011, 04:39 AM
Arone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud of
About time Bogg, congrats!!! let see how fast the next mods come

Old 06-17-2011, 06:16 AM
Originally Posted by Arone997tt
About time Bogg, congrats!!! let see how fast the next mods come
I wouldn't bet on that being too soon...but then again I'll have my original turbos that I could send in for upgrading if someone shows an amazing 60-130 with a different upgraded vtg...hint hint, when are your pbox numbers coming

Old 06-17-2011, 06:18 AM
Originally Posted by speed21
Hey congratulations boggy! So you beat me to the punch afterall eh. Have you got them on?
Not yet. I'm still trying to get some datalogs on the stock turbos. Then I'll do pbox and datalog with the tune alone and then the turbos. Gotta admit that the car is running strong even in stock form. I think it's the i/cs keeping things cool but that's just subjective.

Old 06-17-2011, 12:20 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Not yet. I'm still trying to get some datalogs on the stock turbos. Then I'll do pbox and datalog with the tune alone and then the turbos. Gotta admit that the car is running strong even in stock form. I think it's the i/cs keeping things cool but that's just subjective.
Great idea. It will be interesting to see the comparison. I wish I had done this before my upgrade.

Old 06-17-2011, 12:55 PM
Arone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud of
I wouldn't bet on that being too soon...but then again I'll have my original turbos that I could send in for upgrading if someone shows an amazing 60-130 with a different upgraded vtg...hint hint, when are your pbox numbers coming
I know, I really need to get them...I have only been thru 1 tank of gas this entire season so far...but things are coming back to normal now so i should have so time very soon , from the but dyno I think the numbers posted are right on. 68mm's hit so hard my 2nd gears pulls equally as hard as 1st

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: mmmmmmm...bigger turbos